PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why Lawrence Guy has succeeded here - must see clip

Status
Not open for further replies.

patfanken

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lawrence Guy is the EPITOME of the under the radar guy. He came into the league as a 7th round pick of the Packers....and didn't make the team. Then he played single seasons with the Colts and Chargers before FINALLY landing a regular gig for 3 seasons with the Ravens becoming a solid if anonymous player there. He was the archetype of a journeyman JAG.

In his 2 seasons here he has elevated his game from being a rotational DLman to a starter and major contributor to what the Pats do on defense, to the point where he was one of the highest rated DT's in the league by PFF (whatever that means, but it can't hurt). In other words, he has gone from where he was to being a key part of what we hope will be a very strong defense in 2019.

In this clip you can't help but be impressed with his articulation, his understanding of what needs to be done to succeed, his understanding of "the Patriot Way", the importance of coaching, and his appreciation of being in this system. I liked him as a player, but I like him better now as a person. He's a great example of someone who ACTUALLY, gets it.

BTW- you have to listen hard to hear the questions, but what he says is very clear. Enjoy

Lawrence Guy: 'Everyone has an opportunity here'

If that media Q&A is fully indicative of LG, it's hard not to be rooting for him. Humility with an air coolness, always targeting improvement, preparation to be mentally & physically tough and let that translate to the field.

The media people not asking him "after 6 years in the league then coming to the Patriots, what's it like to play for BB?" is a fail.

Awesome find and post.
Thanks!

Lawrence Guy was the #1 rated run DT in the entire league I believe last year. Probably gave the Pats a ton of confidence thus why no DT drafted this year. It's because it's in a great spot with LGuy playing this position for us right now.

Last edited:
Awesome find and post.
Thanks!

Lawrence Guy was the #1 rated DT in the entire league I believe last year. Probably gave the Pats a ton of confidence thus why no DT drafted this year. It's because it's in a great spot with LGuy playing this position for us right now.

#1 DT not but among the best for his run stuffing ability.

And yet he gets the Ninkovich "I think we can upgrade this guy" treatment by some here...

Lawrence Guy nice lunch pale guy who elevated his game he came on strong you could see him pushing the pocket nice strory. It's a shame the younger Malcom Brown couldn't show more in a contract year.

Lawrence Guy nice lunch pale guy who elevated his game he came on strong you could see him pushing the pocket nice strory. It's a shame the younger Malcom Brown couldn't show more in a contract year.

Yeah if Brown had shown more we could have won two Super Bowls last season

Loved a couple things
- everyone has an opportunity
- he welcomes every new guy or undrafted guy
- he shares key tips and learnings across the line
- came from the inner city and aware of how he can be a role model and symbol of hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots