PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why is no one talking about Pittsburgh?

By what rationale are they "due" to win? They still commit the same kind of mental errors. The coaching is still lackadaisical, and lacking in attention to detail.

If they truly want to beat us, they need to put in that extra effort, the extra work. They haven't done so, as far as I can see.
Nobody cared that the 9 - 7 Giants committed mental mistakes and played like crap when they beat NE in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers came within inches last year of winning. Their passing game vs NE defense is like crap through a goose. JUJU is every bit as good as Brown and they unlike NE, can spot late round WR talent and develop them. Other WRs on their roster are better than the rag tag guys like Dorsett and Patterson.

Is Bell better than Conner? Probably yeah, but Conner is no chump. While Conner is racking up yardage and TDs, NE sits and hopes that Sony and Burkhead will come through like winning the powerball.

Steelers are due to win and Tomlins head is on the chopping block to deliver.

Only coaches and players deal with the next game only. As fans, it’s fine to look ahead and discuss any game on the schedule.

The idiocy of fans saying “we’re onto the Jets” makes me chuckle. None of us are playing or strapping on pads & helmets...well, maybe some of us wear helmets!!:p:D

And there is no such thing as bad luck or jinxes. So you can stop changing what you wear or do during games because it has zero effect upon the outcome

You have to let the team know that youre out there.

[gif]

I know the Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have owned the Steelers in the past but this year feels different to me. The Steelers are getting constant pressure on opposing quarterbacks and the Patriots and Brady are really struggling to beat the blitz. Their defense has dominated the last four or five offenses they've faced.

The Steelers offensive line is playing at such a high level that they can lose LeVeon Bell and his backup puts up even better stats. Ben Roethlisberger also has had all day to throw and has rarely even been hit this year. They also have JuJu Smith Shuster putting up Antonio Brown type games.

We barely beat them last year at Pittsburgh and Brown went down in the first quarter of that one. If not for the overturned Jesse James touchdown we lose and likely have to beat Jacksonville and then travel to Pittsburgh for the AFC title game.

I just don't hear enough people mentioning what a threat they are this year. Needless to say, that week 15 game at Pittsburgh will be huge. It just seems to me that the Steelers are a much better team this year and we have taken a big step back. I don't think I can handle it if the Steelers go to another Super Bowl and get another referee assisted Lombardi
>>>Why is no one talking about Pittsburgh?
Yinzer, bro, they full on suck wind in the playoffs..

The Steelers have done this before. Start slow, then go on a roll where they look unstoppable. One of these times it’s going to be the real deal.

Their defense looks almost as good as their offense. Ben should be cautious and stay in the pocket. He’s been gimpy late in other failed seasons.

I think they’re worth talking about.

He’s been gimpy late in other failed seasons.

How can you tell?

Ben fakes/exagerrates more injuries in a season than your average person will fake being sick to get out of plans with friends over the course of their entire life.

Yeh I dont know, its hard to believe in the Steelers......even when they win (most of the time) it looks hard....sure they ahve some blowouts but dam with that talent it shoudlntn be that hard. They should beat us this year, should....but doesnt mean they will....they are just a wierd *** team....

Well they do beat Brady once every 7 years. 2004, 2011, so this would appear to be their year i guess. Lets hope for psycho tom to prevent that. This is also probably the last chance theyll have to get us at home for the ben/brady years since the next 3 years regular season games will be in foxboro if they do meet where theyve never beaten brady. So this may be their last good chance to get home field on us in January

It would be hilarious if Chris Hogan, with all this heckling he’s receiving scores 3 tds against the Steelers because no one cares enough to cover him.

The Chiefs would kill the Steelers in the playoffs.

Nobody cared that the 9 - 7 Giants committed mental mistakes and played like crap when they beat NE in the Super Bowl.

The Steelers came within inches last year of winning. Their passing game vs NE defense is like crap through a goose. JUJU is every bit as good as Brown and they unlike NE, can spot late round WR talent and develop them. Other WRs on their roster are better than the rag tag guys like Dorsett and Patterson.

Is Bell better than Conner? Probably yeah, but Conner is no chump. While Conner is racking up yardage and TDs, NE sits and hopes that Sony and Burkhead will come through like winning the powerball.

Fortunately, Tomlin's head is utterly empty. All he knows how to do is practice his sideline stare.

Have you ever encountered an opponent with a winning record on the Patriots schedule that you believed could be beaten?

Absolutely.

Others are starting to get on board about Pittsburgh and New Orleans as real deals this season while everyone else is focused on Kansas City and Los Ramgeles.

You have to give Pittsburgh due for finding WRs in the draft and developing them into stars. I cannot think of another club as good. They have guys sitting that you dont see much because JUJU and Brown play at such a high level.

Watch out for TE McDonald too.

Well they do beat Brady once every 7 years. 2004, 2011, so this would appear to be their year i guess. Lets hope for psycho tom to prevent that. This is also probably the last chance theyll have to get us at home for the ben/brady years since the next 3 years regular season games will be in foxboro if they do meet where theyve never beaten brady. So this may be their last good chance to get home field on us in January

The two victories by the Steelers were also on Halloween weekend and the Patriots decided to go as the Jets.

The Steelers have a RFA WR I hope BB is thinking about making an Offer for WR Eli Rogers he's coming off an ACL but should be more than a year removed in 2019. AlsoPackers WR Geronimo Allison another RFA. Knowing we are moving from Hogan and Drosett I would take either guy. Memo to BB and Patriots director of Scouting sign WR's from Teams who knows how to Draft them.:rolleyes:

I have a feeling we should be very worried when the Pats meet Pittsburgh on the 16th of December in Pittsburg unless injuries change things between now and then.
That is going to be a VERY hard game for the Pats to win. Rothlessberger is a MUCH different QB at home vs the road. For whatever reason, his road stats are significantly worse that his home stats, and its been that way for a few years now. So the fact this game will be IN Pittsburgh does not bode well for the Pats for that reason alone. Then you add the fact that this version of the Pats seem to suck on the road (relative to past teams). So it will be likely that the Pats will be underdogs for the first time in a long long time when they play the Steelers.

The key to any future success for the Pats this season will be the RE-establishment of a consistent running game. Unless that happens (imho) this offense is not capable of winning any shootouts that are likely to occur with our current defense....or any defense ast the KC/Rams game proved)

I thought that the Steelers were going to take a step back this season. Well, at least I wasn't too wrong, since I don't think they took take a step forward.

On the Road, this is a very though game, because of what Ken said: Big Ben. Any HoFer QB has to be respected and can win games if he's on fire.

That said, i think we match-up favorably to them. Our Corners have been the best part of our D (maybe not last game, but everyone sucked) and they have their offense prowess all on that WR corps. Their OL is beastly, but we have good Run Stuffers and we don't really play for sacks anyways.

Then I think our O is better than their D, easily ... if not for the fact that are simply not playing well on the road this year. I don't believe in exogenous factors though and I don't think we will be ill-prepared against them.

I thought that the Steelers were going to take a step back this season. Well, at least I wasn't too wrong, since I don't think they took take a step forward.

On the Road, this is a very though game, because of what Ken said: Big Ben. Any HoFer QB has to be respected and can win games if he's on fire.

That said, i think we match-up favorably to them. Our Corners have been the best part of our D (maybe not last game, but everyone sucked) and they have their offense prowess all on that WR corps. Their OL is beastly, but we have good Run Stuffers and we don't really play for sacks anyways.

Then I think our O is better than their D, easily ... if not for the fact that are simply not playing well on the road this year. I don't believe in exogenous factors though and I don't think we will be ill-prepared against them.

Our CB's have been the best part of our D haven't faced an Offense with Two #1WR's. Brown is one of the Best vets in the game still in his prime and Juju is what 21 and threatens every part of the field. One things for sure we won't be the favorites.

How can you tell?

Ben fakes/exagerrates more injuries in a season than your average person will fake being sick to get out of plans with friends over the course of their entire life.

I’ve been waiting for him to come to the podium with an IV thing on wheels

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back