PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why do we (and the media) care so much about Edelman?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Jimmy the Greek comment still has me pissed, though. Mav, I would enjoy seeing you go off on that.

Funny how pointing out ethnocentrism somehow makes me the bigot.

Please keep making up ridiculous accusations and character assassinations. It seems to be the standard MO among the hyper-sensitive.

Even the way you're reacting right now is basically proving my point.

Funny how pointing out ethnocentrism somehow makes me the bigot.

Please keep making up ridiculous accusations and character assassinations. It seems to be the standard MO among the hyper-sensitive.

Even the way you're reacting right now is basically proving my point.

Ummm... you read it wrong. I was not attacking you. I would sincerely enjoy seeing you going off on that Jimmy the Greek crap. I went off on it enough to say that the poster should be banned.

Other than that, I really have no idea what you're talking about. I don't know what your "point" is and I'm not assassinating anything. I don't join in the political threads because I'm not interested in these types of fights.

Call me ethnocentric if you want. Doesn't matter to me. I'm so ethnocentric that I've moved my family 9000 miles from home and live around no one of my ethnicity and my best friend is Chinese. And check that Edelman thread and you'll find the only things I said in it was I'd be more excited if he was from Rhode Island and I wish I was Irish.

as long as you're not methnocentric,I couldn't care less.Nothing worse than some skinny Jewish guy rapping incoherently in Chinese for days on end.
icon10.gif

as long as you're not methnocentric,I couldn't care less.Nothing worse than some skinny Jewish guy rapping incoherently in Chinese for days on end.
icon10.gif

But the more meth I take the better I think I sound!!:singing:

You're always good for a good play on words...

maybe that's why my wife calls me the Talented Tonguester! (OK, maybe not but this IS a family board)

maybe that's why my wife calls me the Talented Tonguester! (OK, maybe not but this IS a family board)

I think you just made that up. :D

That comment was directed more at another poster who basically flipped out, as he typically does, because he sees everything with a hyper-sensitive lens.

I don't even think it's a big deal to admit to being ethnocentric.

I should have been a bit clearer: why is it that we hear so much about Edelman—more so than, say, Myron Pryor, who's done just as impressive a job shoving his way into the lineup?

Both were low picks who made it, but Edelman made a career switch, plus it's funny that he's Welker's clone. Add the ethnocentrism, and there you go.

Ok ok ill say it.

A jew and the media...dont they go handnin hand?

But in reality i dont think he gets any extra attention. Bit being a 7th round qb playing nfl reciever and getting 98 yards your first career game will help get some attention.

I am considerably unimpressed by your remark.

Maverick, I don't think that "ethnocentrism" has anything to do with it. I feel pretty much the same way toward Pryor and Stanback. I couldn't care less what race or religion any player is. But I love low draft picks or unexpected pickups who turn out to have more value than anyone thought. Edelman became my binky when I saw him run a slant pattern, catch a TB pass and make good YAC, and I thought I was looking at Welker. Why anyone ever brought up the guy's religion is totally beyond me. Who the hell cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST