Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Why Do We Allow Jet's Threads in the Patriots Fan Forum

uh....Firefox

IE8 is a virus

Google Chrome Pwns all!

I like turtles.

Which forum should I go to talk about potato chips?

The "Am I Not Turtley Enough" forum..???

40kgfmf.jpg

No but you are motivating me to switch over however. IE8

If you do, get the Ffvb addon. It allows you to manage threads. You can highlight them, and you can ignore them, just as you can do with individual posters.

It also has a more complete "ignore" function. It will not only ignore a poster, it will wipe him off your computer (no "user on ignore..." statement). It goes further than that, in that it also ignores that poster if someone else is quoting him/her. Even better, you can do all that without having to go to the site's settings.

You can read up on it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7023/

Last edited:

I hate all the Jets threads, its ok to have one but there are too many imo.

Firefox crashes too much. Google Chrome is the nutz.

I feel like making a Colts thread. :D

There is obviously some interpersonal background here I don't know about and don't care about, but here's a rational answer.

Because this is the one forum which everyone visits, the audience for other forums is much much smaller. And anything *significant* about an AFC East team is relevant to us.

We had that in the old days ... but this forum was designed to keep it separate for the most part. In the old days we had 1 forum for everything. then we had a few categories and now we have this department store style.

I hate all the Jets threads, its ok to have one but there are too many imo.

Firefox crashes too much. Google Chrome is the nutz.

Exactly ... one here ... one there.

This forum has way to many Jet's threads ... I don't believe it was designed to be that way.

No but you are motivating me to switch over however. IE8

At the very least you gotta upgrade to IE9, which is actually a pretty decent browser. Even better, though, would be to ditch IE outright and get Chrome. Firefox is fine too, definitely better than IE.

Exactly ... one here ... one there.

This forum has way to many Jet's threads ... I don't believe it was designed to be that way.

So what do you expect them to do?

For them to hire a Maitre D' to take reservations to reserve a spot on the main forum when your time is ready to post a Jets or AFC east rivals article?

Take away Jets AFC East opponents thread and then you must take away all of the other teams as well which would equal an extremely boring forum with little to no new posts or the same repetitive posts that get bumped and bumped.

I don't think we need to talk about the Seahawks here for example, but if its the Jets,Bills or Dolphins then its acceptible IMO

Last edited:

So what do you expect them to do?

For them to hire a Maitre D' to take reservations to reserve a spot on the main forum when your time is ready to post a Jets or AFC east rivals article?

Take away Jets AFC East opponents thread and then you must take away all of the other teams as well which would equal an extremely boring forum with little to no new posts or the same repetitive posts that get bumped and bumped.

I don't think we need to talk about the Seahawks here for example, but if its the Jets,Bills or Dolphins then its acceptible IMO

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...61566-new-nfl-football-forum.html#post1092878

Just added a forum for NFL Football discussion (Non Pats Related). First reactions may find it a bit odd, but I've gotten a lot of requests to add it. People seem to want a place to go and talk about other players, teams, etc. without having to always add 'OT' in front of it and then worry about where it's going to end up (in the Pub, etc.) So now you have a place where you can go and discuss other teams if you'd like, and also be able to easily find a certain post later on.

I don't have a major problem with them but it is getting a bit excessive. It's more of a pride thing for me we're 3x Super bowl champs and they really shouldn't be worth the time or effort. Especially to the point where half the threads on the main page are about the Jets.

Especially to the point where half the threads on the main page are about the Jets.

Those are some interesting math skills you have there ...

Just checked on your previous posts....

You responded approximately 6 or more times in the Packer Bears MNF
Thread which was in the main forum which you are apparently against

Last time I looked this team was not called the Bears or Packers ...right?

Yet you posted on that thread several times without complaint and a post or two in the Jason Taylor thread....Jason Taylor is not a Patriot right?,no complaint there either.

If the MNF game did not involve or intesrest anything Patriots then why did you bother to join in?...should all MNF games be posted in the NFL forum too?

Practice what you preach, please :rolleyes:

Internet_detective.jpg

I don't have a major problem with them but it is getting a bit excessive. It's more of a pride thing for me we're 3x Super bowl champs and they really shouldn't be worth the time or effort. Especially to the point where half the threads on the main page are about the Jets.

yeah that .................... Exactly .................. :yeahthat:

If you do, get the Ffvb addon. It allows you to manage threads. You can highlight them, and you can ignore them, just as you can do with individual posters.

It also has a more complete "ignore" function. It will not only ignore a poster, it will wipe him off your computer (no "user on ignore..." statement). It goes further than that, in that it also ignores that poster if someone else is quoting him/her. Even better, you can do all that without having to go to the site's settings.

You can read up on it here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7023/

I'll co-sign this. It's a wonderful add-on. The forum has become a less douchey place since I've begun using it.

OK, OK. Using Chrome now. Probably shoulda downloaded FlameDog because I'm not a fan of Google but Krome is fast.

Should we have say 2 Jets threads max? Or should we merge all Jets threads into one Mother of All Jets Threads, thread?

Those are some interesting math skills you have there ...

It's not like that now but there were a couple points in the preseason where it seemed like it was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft