PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did we ever get rid of the old uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i would like the new helmet with the old red unis...that would be a nice combo

2) If I could change one thing about our current unis, it would be to put a stripe on the helmet like the old white ones had. IMHO a helmet just doesn't look right without a stripe down the middle. But that's just me.

A stripe would look terrible imo

A stripe would look terrible imo

It would be God Awful.

I'd like to see the white on red of the early/mid 90s with pat patriot as the logo. The Fly Elvii just looks gay.

i think i like the wayy it is nowww play with the current ones but then pull out the throwbacks once in a while just to switch it up a bit

I don't like the red uniforms at all. I love the current blue ones, best in the NFL as far as I am concerned.

I just heard the ESPN analysts say that the red uniforms are the best.

So there you have it.

Old unis were cursed, had to dump em. Fresh ownership, fresh uniforms.

I do like the old ones better though. Nothing compares to Pat Patriot and the sharp red colors!

oldpatriotslogo.jpg

IMO, flying elvis= lombardi trophy's. Pat Patriot= getting blown out by Bears, and the Victor Kiam Era.

I'd be all for a change to red home unis with a Flying Elvis logo.

I like the home blue unis, but I don't like the away ones. The stripes down the side of the shirts and the two single stripes down the side of the pants don't match.

The best road unis were the ones with the white jerseys and red pants. They should bust those out for Thanksgiving.

Being a fan through the years of the old uniforms, I'll take the new ones anyday.

Especially nothing to do with RED.

bill_belichick_opts_for_red_son_c_2.jpg

I just heard the ESPN analysts say that the red uniforms are the best.

That's like the kiss of death. We all know BSPN is wrong about most things.

That's like the kiss of death. We all know BSPN is wrong about most things.

Oh, you just stop all a this, you. I paraded all over Manhattan yesterday in my Craig James throwback. (the last white guy to rush for 1,000 yds., btw.) I was thinkin' of you tha whole time.

I had an old Steve Grogan jersey in red but I must admit I like my blue Tom Brady jersey more.
I personally think the Patriots Blue jersey is the best looking uniform in the NFL.
That said though, I do like the old Patriot Pete logo better than the flying Elvis, but Elvis has 3 Super Bowls, Pete has none.

Could be worse, we could have really ugly uniforms like Buffalo, Tennesee, Denver, Baltimore,

Oh, you just stop all a this, you. I paraded all over Manhattan yesterday in my Craig James throwback. (the last white guy to rush for 1,000 yds., btw.) I was thinkin' of you tha whole time.

Time for you to buy a BLUE Danny Woodhead jersey. :D

Red always makes me think "patsy". A term of derision for some but of endearment to others.

But I still don't like the red uniforms. I don't like the elvis logo much, too elongated.

I had an old Steve Grogan jersey in red but I must admit I like my blue Tom Brady jersey more.
I personally think the Patriots Blue jersey is the best looking uniform in the NFL.
That said though, I do like the old Patriot Pete logo better than the flying Elvis, but Elvis has 3 Super Bowls, Pete has none.

Could be worse, we could have really ugly uniforms like Buffalo, Tennesee, Denver, Baltimore,

Neither does Pat.

I have always equated the Reds with futility and being the laughing stock of the NFL...I'd be curious to see what the win percentage is since we went to the Bledsoe Blue and later to the currents vs. Red....I bet it's astounding.

Oh, and I HATE the Reds...stupid cartoon character.

The same reason the NFL does everything, MONEY! Change uniforms and everone wants the latest and greatest.

Easy Answer. The Patriots were the worst team in the league and just Drafted Drew Bledsoe the savior. As a marketing ploy to convince people to buy tickets to the WORST team in the NFL, they wanted to shed the thoughts of the patriots of old, which besides some bright spots, were consistently the bottom of the barrel when it came to the NFL.

There is a significant breka in Patriots history from Pre new Uni's to before new Unis, and the Pre New Unis history was that of a laugh fest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes