PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why did we ever get rid of the old uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrogansArmy

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Seriously. I know not everyone likes them, but they're so sharp and good looking. Now the new logo and colors just make us blend in with most of the other teams. Before it was unique, all football fans knew who the Patriots were before just by the colors/logo. Now though, if you're not close up you could mistake us for the Titans or Chargers or Panthers or Seahawks, etc.

I'd love it if we could go back to the old logo and uniform. It was like a blast from the past watching us play today.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing, they look a lot better than the Flying Elvis uni's

I like the newer uniforms more personally.

the home blue ones are awesome

The Flying Elvis and Blue and silver colors came from Krafty trying to separate his team from previous ownership. A new start and all.

But I do love me some Pat Patriot Red white and Blue uni's.

The old ones are cool. Love the color combination. I still like the new ones better though.

Old unis were cursed, had to dump em. Fresh ownership, fresh uniforms.

I do like the old ones better though. Nothing compares to Pat Patriot and the sharp red colors!

oldpatriotslogo.jpg

I wish we could keep our blue home uniforms, and our red/white throwbacks. Those are my 2 favorite. I like the new color patterns better, but the old logo more. At the same time, the new colors and old logo I dont think would mesh. Reguardless, every uniform this team wears I like.

I love the old uniform while I do admit the new uniform is better. Kind of like letting the old girlfriend go because you have to move on but a few times a year you go on a date to feel younger again. :D

i'd like to see the new colors but keep pat patriot. the real patriots didn't wear red. anything but.

True. In all the movies, the real patriots wore blue and the British wore red.

Last edited:
They're like my children. I love them both.

i simply love the red throwbacks and Pat Patriot

it was a fantastic evening overall

Go Pats ! great win and great unis

Pat Patriot : wellcome back ! you are awesome

ps = will we play @ DEN with white jersey red paints ? or red unis ?

Last edited:
I prefer Pat as a logo, but I prefer the newer uniforms as a whole :)

i simply love the red throwbacks and Pat Patriot

it was a fantastic evening overall

Go Pats ! great win and great unis

Pat Patriot : wellcome back ! you are awesome

ps = will we play @ DEN with white jersey red paints ? or red unis ?

It *was* a fantastic evening but I can't agree with you about the unis. Every time I see those old jerseys I also see the '85 Bears in theirs looking twice as big, strong and fast.

It *was* a fantastic evening but I can't agree with you about the unis. Every time I see those old jerseys I also see the '85 Bears in theirs looking twice as big, strong and fast.

Bingo. And I believe it was Parcell's who initiated the change as part of the culture change from Patsies to contenders. Elvis has won 3 Lombardi's. As far as I'm concerned he and not Pat represents the good old days.

I like the new ones better the red trim on the numbers over blue looks sharp. And teams are more intimidated by our the new uni's since we've been dominant since the 1st year we got them (2001)

The Flying Elvis and Blue and silver colors came from Krafty trying to separate his team from previous ownership. A new start and all.

But I do love me some Pat Patriot Red white and Blue uni's.

This is very true.

Also, my guess is elvis is more condusive to merchandise sales. More streamlined, easier to notice, and doesn't overtake a t shirt or hoodie.

I went to the 2006 game in Buffalo and bought a Bills throwback sweatshirt. It's my favorite sweatshirt.

That's why Nike did that checkmark thing.

I'm on the other team. I love the Flying Elvis. He would look good with either blue or red unis, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes