PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Wins O/D ROY?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would love to say Calvin Johnson, recievers don't often have good rookie years (I know Colston and Moss did). Calvin Johnson will also have Kitna throwing to him or perhaps the rookie qb they picked up (stanton?).

I think Adrien Peterson will have a huge year behind that left side of the O-line in Minnesota. I think he'll be getting the majority of the carries before long.

As for defensive rookie of the year, I'm going to pick a guy that I really wanted the Pats to get. Reggie Nelson. I feel like this guy is the next Ed Reed. I'm happy with Merriweather, but Nelson is going to be a stud.

Nelson is half brain dead, not very good against the run, and can be a suspect tackler. Yea, I'll take Meriweather on NE over Nelson.

Last edited:
o roy brady quinn

d roy brandon meriweather

sleepers

o roy dwayne jarrett

d roy Daymeion Hughes

ok, I have to finally say it.........Brady Quinn is going to be a bust close to the purportions of kyle boller and (gasp) ryan leaf...........anyone with this much hype does only one thing.........crash and m-f'in burn!

Offensive - Joe Thomas

Defensive - Adam Carriker

Sleeper - O - Anthony Gonzalez
- D - Tim Crowder

When was the last time an offensive linemen won rookie of the year?

Just wondering.

Just wondering.

OL's hardly even get any press unless they mess up lol,but Thomas really came into focus thanks to Cleveland picking him over Quinn. Eyes will therefore be on him,which might help give him at least a shot.

OROY:Anthony gonzalez 1200 rec yds / 8 TD

DROY:Brandon merriweather 4 int/ 2 forced fumbles/3 sacks / 1 int return td

Marcus McNeill led LT to a record breaking season and he didn't even get nominated. If an OL wins the award for the week they'd be lucky.

DROy: Jon Beason
-hes supported by talent..and hes a very good player himself. fits perfect in Carolinas system.

ORoy: Mike Walker..sleeper pick. Jaguars new WR from Central Florida i believe. Hes going to suprise people

O- Marshawn Lynch

D- Patrick Willis

That's how I see it. Saying that though, if Kitna can rack up 4000 yards, imagine what he can do throwing to Johnson.

Willis will be fantastic in San Fran, good guys round him, good line in front, and good coaching. I'd like to think Brandon could be in there though, our D is fantastic, meaning he'll be eased in relatively freely.

Unlike Landry who may as well be diving into the Marianas Trench in just his trunks.

Last edited:

Just wondering.

Not sure, but McNeill should have been in the running for it last year. Absolutely disgraceful that he wasn't.

OROY - Calvin Johnson

DROY - Landry

Just wondering.

Marcus McNeil should have. Either him or Maurice Jones Drew.

All I know is that Vince Young and his negative TD/INT ratio and 69 QB rating didn't deserve it.

im gonna go anthony spencer and brandon jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents