DROY-Patrick Willis

MVP-Brady
ROY Offense-Moss
ROY Defense-Merriwether
COY-BBelichick
12th Man Award-Patriot Nation

D - Paul Posluszny
O - Calvin Johnson

I'll go with Landry on defense and Calvin Johnson on offense.

Defense - Gaines Adams
Offense - Dwayne Jarrett

O- Marshawn Lynch

D- Patrick Willis

As much as I would love to say Calvin Johnson, recievers don't often have good rookie years (I know Colston and Moss did). Calvin Johnson will also have Kitna throwing to him or perhaps the rookie qb they picked up (stanton?).

I think Adrien Peterson will have a huge year behind that left side of the O-line in Minnesota. I think he'll be getting the majority of the carries before long.

As for defensive rookie of the year, I'm going to pick a guy that I really wanted the Pats to get. Reggie Nelson. I feel like this guy is the next Ed Reed. I'm happy with Merriweather, but Nelson is going to be a stud.

Very early take:

ROTY Offense:

1. WR Robert Meachem NO: Horn is gone, Meachem is with a great O-coordinator who can use his size/speed. Meachem, because of his QB, will have a better start to his career than Calvin Johnson (barring injury of course).

2. OG Ben Grubbs Baltimore : will start from day 1 like Mankins.

3. WR Anthony Gonzalez Indy: Smart enough to assimilate the Colt system, will further enhance the single most powerful unit in the NFl, the Colt offense.

ROTY Defense:

1. LB Justin Durant, Jaguars: Many thought this pick was a reach but if given the opportunity Durant will impact quickly at WOLB, especially playing behind Stroud, Henderson, McCray and Spicer, and with standouts D. Smith and C. Ingram. Not sure where M. Peterson fits in.

2. DT Alan Branch, Arizona: will dominate on 1st and 2nd down.

3. D. Revis, Jets. will make Interceptions and big plays win awards.

Last edited:
Offensive:
1. Adrian Peterson - if he isn't injured
2. Calvin Johnson - amazing player
3. Brandon Jackson - will have every chance to earn a starting spot with the Packers
Sleeper: Drew Stanton

Defensive:
1. Patrick Willis - MLBs always win it...
2. Adam Carriker - Strong and motivated
3. Ikaika Alama-Francis - I just have a feeling
Sleeper: I love the Justin Durant pick by as a dark horse by Pony, but I have to go with Buster Davis

My Picks:

OROY: Marshawn Lynch- already the undisputed number one guy in Buffalo, whereas Peterson will split for at least a while with Taylor

DROY: Chris Houston- I've said it before I'll say it again, what do you get when you take away Pacman Jones stupidity and punt return ability? CHRIS HOUSTON!

Sleepers:

OROY: Troy Smith- I don't know why, but I have a feeling Mcnair goes down and Smith produces

DROY: Quincy Black- already one of the best coverage linebackers in the NFL, was very very underrated

I'm telling you now. The Redskins are going to screw that kid up.

Can you elaborate on that?

There are very few safties who hit like that guy. He could jump right up there with Polumalu, Reed and Sanders very soon.

This is so easy.

DROTY: Brandon Merriweather
OROTY: Justise Hariston

:D

o roy brady quinn

d roy brandon meriweather

sleepers

o roy dwayne jarrett

d roy Daymeion Hughes

D- Merriweather
O- Russell...that's right, he's the starter by game 3

I like Merriweather for this one,but of course I'm biased,but he's been put in a good position to succeed. If he looks anything like #37 out there then he's got a great chance. Others-Joe Thomas? The Browns' draft has garnered their share of hype and all things considered he's in a position to look awfully good,too.
Calvin,as a WR with the Lions, may not be in the best position to shine (but who knows). Interesting blurb from Calvin:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/view.bg?articleid=198995

O-Anthony Gonzalez
D-Willis!

This is so easy.
It is. Anyone can predict next year's ROY's. For a challenge, let's predict the 2015 ROY's.

I predict in 2015 the Miami (FLA) QB will be OROY, and the DROY will be that sophomore RB out of Cal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes