PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who will be next Head Coach of the Patriots?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who do you expect to be the next Head Coach of the Patriots?

• Bill O'Brien

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eric Bienemy (Washington OC)

• Ben Johnson (Detroit OC)

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Todd Monken (Baltimore OC)

• Brian Flores

• Josh McDaniels

• Jim Harbaurgh

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Jerod Mayo

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • Mike Vrabel

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • Someone else (specify in comments)

• Total voters
Interesting that this poll is similar but distinctly different from the other 'Next Head Coach of Pats' poll/thread.

Who one thinks will be the next head coach is different from who one wants to be the new HC.
Exactly why I thought it would be an interesting discussion. Trying to take subjective appeal out of the decision. More second guessing the team selection, at least for me.

Pioli doesn’t matter, he won’t get the chance to come here if Jonathan doesn’t want him here.
your point?

I think that Pioli is one Jonathan's very short list. And, yes, Jonathn will approve the HC choice, just as Robert would now.

BTW, are Jonathan's responsibilities restricted to the football team? The team is only half of Kraft company.

I voted for Vrabel, but think some consideration should go towards Bobby Slowik who didn't make the poll. Very good candidate, especially if they get a good GM. But obviously, that means we are looking at a total culture reset.

your point?

I think that Pioli is one Jonathan's very short list. And, yes, Jonathn will approve the HC choice, just as Robert would now.

BTW, are Jonathan's responsibilities restricted to the football team? The team is only half of Kraft company.
Jonathan is President of the Kraft Group, not just the football team. He’s also chair of the MGH Board of Trustees, among other activities. This is a little dated (from nine years ago) but an interesting read:
Jonathan Kraft has been stepping out of his father’s shadow - The Boston Globe

I voted for Vrabel, but think some consideration should go towards Bobby Slowik who didn't make the poll. Very good candidate, especially if they get a good GM. But obviously, that means we are looking at a total culture reset.
Slowik looks interesting. Second generation coach. Part of the Shanahan tree, worked for both Mike and Kyle.

Slowik looks interesting. Second generation coach. Part of the Shanahan tree, worked for both Mike and Kyle.
He was SF's passing game coordinator prior to becoming Houston's OC, which is valuable. Mike McDaniel was SF's run game coordinator before promoting directly to Miami HC, as a comparable. I like him a lot, if they want to do a full reset with an offensive minded coach and a younger guy, he'd be my pick. He obviously got a lot out of CJ Stroud and their passing game this year. They don't have the best WRs in the world, and they had a lot of injuries there, but they were still putting up big stats regardless.

Look no further..

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back