PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was/is your favorite Patriot

Ty Law and Rodney

Current:
Offense: Mac
Defense: Judon

although very much a short timer, a player who I hated when he was on other teams, but loved on the Pats, Bryan Cox.
Without him the first SB title after 2001 doesn't happen IMO.

although very much a short timer, a player who I hated when he was on other teams, but loved on the Pats, Bryan Cox.
Yes...... I thought about him too, and totally agree with you. He was like Rodney -- brought a toughness to the team.

as an aside, some random trivia that may only interest me, Bryan Cox was the last, perhaps the only, Patriot player to wear 0 in a game... it was preseason, but still... Vrabel was wearing number 51, which is Coxs number... Rob Holmberg was wearing 50 at the time... Holmberg gets cut, Vrabel takes 50, Cox slides right back into 51... and the rest is history
yvvnUyT.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't it true that every TE who got 500 catches or more is in the HOF?

If so, I find it painful that Ben Coates is not in the HOF...dude retired at literally 499 catches.

1. Toss up between Hannah and Tippet
2. Brady

Isn't it true that every TE who got 500 catches or more is in the HOF?

If so, I find it painful that Ben Coates is not in the HOF...dude retired at literally 499 catches.
no, its not true... looking thru the reception leader list, there are a handful of TEs with 500+ receptions not in the hof
  • dallas clark
  • heath miller
  • jeremy shockey
  • frank wycheck

Ah. I looked up just what TEs are in the Hall, and I think there's less than 10. ...double-checked and yep, only 9.

That seems very strange to me.

John Hannah! He was the Patriots GOAT until Tom.

I also want to give a shout out to Kevin Faulk. I was actually terrified about what would happen when he retired. Part of my fondness for Danny Woodhead is he showed that there was life after Faulk ;)
In response to a Rams fan just before the 2001 SB (still the worst fans that I've encountered btw) who said that we didn't have a Warner or a Faulk, I said Faulk you we don't, check our roster.

Agree on Hannah.

& Roman Phifer
How many favorites is that for you? A dozen? :)

In spite of all of the great players that played for our team my favorite is Troy Brown. There's just something about him that I like.

How many favorites is that for you? A dozen? :)

In spite of all of the great players that played for our team my favorite is Troy Brown. There's just something about him that I like.
Troy's the man

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back