PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was/is your favorite Patriot

I started watching the Pats when Parcells came on board. My first favorite Patriot was Ben Coates. In the first dynasty era, my favorite was Tedy Bruschi. In the second it was Gronk. Now...I don't really have a favorite. Maybe Judon but he fell off a cliff the last quarter plus of the season.

It'll probably be a while until I get a new favorite. I have to see what this team looks like at the end of the rebuild (2023 or 24).

You're not alone. Gronk lost some of his luster with the way he delayed his "retirement" until he couldn't be replaced. I also don't like his shots at the Pats after he left.
Yeah I agree. His tone changed in my opinion. He was no longer the lovable lunk, but almost bitter. I get it, playing for Bill is probably not a lot of fun. I am sure it was a relief to be free of that style of coaching.

With these guys.. him and Tom specifically... they know they are at the top of the game. Tough to listen to negative coaching when you know you're arguably the best to ever do it. I'm not questioning Bill's methods, either, because it's part of what's made him the GOAT as well.

There was an immediate difference in the line play during his time here... why he wasnt the primary starter baffles me... so much better than Dave Wolenbaugh (sp?)
Tbh, Dave was a nice pick for the round where they got him, 5th maybe? One of the best drafts ever by the Patriots. He was really good at pass protection but his run blocking left a lot to be desired when I look back. Dellenbach was kind of at the twilight of his career when he got here. He fit in well and did a good job in pass protect but again, his run blocking was also very ho hum. Not even sure if he ever had a 1000 yard rusher in Miami when that actually meant something.

I started watching the Pats when Parcells came on board. My first favorite Patriot was Ben Coates. In the first dynasty era, my favorite was Tedy Bruschi. In the second it was Gronk. Now...I don't really have a favorite. Maybe Judon but he fell off a cliff the last quarter plus of the season.

It'll probably be a while until I get a new favorite. I have to see what this team looks like at the end of the rebuild (2023 or 24).
Coates was an incredibly talented TE.

Most of you know I am a Ravens fan but I am curious too know.

1- Who is your favorite Patriot before the TB12 Era?
2- During the TB12 Era

I personally always enjoyed Edelman and Ty Law

P.S. Ray Lewis murdered someone just for any of you who might mention it;)
1. Hannah
2. Willie

Who is the best Raven player ever?

There’s only one answer. He’s probably the greatest player ever at his position. All other answers reveal that you are an orc. :)

1. Hannah
2. Willie

Who is the best Raven player ever?

There’s only one answer. He’s probably the greatest player ever at his position. All other answers reveal that you are an orc. :)
Joe Flacco? :)

John Hannah! He was the Patriots GOAT until Tom.

I also want to give a shout out to Kevin Faulk. I was actually terrified about what would happen when he retired. Part of my fondness for Danny Woodhead is he showed that there was life after Faulk ;)

I really liked Grogan. I also liked Fryar.

I like so many players from the dynasty days that it’s hard to single someone out. Seymour or Bruschi probably.

Morgan, Russ Francis, Mike Haynes

I also want to give a shout out to Kevin Faulk. I was actually terrified about what would happen when he retired. Part of my fondness for Danny Woodhead is he showed that there was life after Faulk ;)
that's two good ones! I was totally with you on Faulk, and then d'oh, what about Woodhead. They were both real "gamers." Great suggestions!

1648323139488.png

Drafted by the Boston Patriots in 1971 out of Texas Southern.

Adams was so respected that a massive photo of him in his No. 85 uniform hangs from the highest reaches of Gillette Stadium.

“Deep down inside, I’m still a Patriot.”

“Dad’s favorite mementos were the team pictures, not the individual awards or accolades,” said his son Keith.

“There was a lot to enjoy in New England,” Mr. Adams told the Globe in 2005. “You take and remember the good times, and even the bad can’t spoil it.”

"No matter how much money you make or what you do, if people don't respect you, what are you?"

I don't mean to be disrespectful but you have some strange choices here. Hobbs? Butler? DMac? Ryan? In the DB ranks we are passing over Haynes, Clayborn, Gilmore, Jackson, Harrison, Milloy, Marion, FOX . I do like Butler and Ryan but not in that class. DMac, I'm biased here, thinking he was an overrated safety. I'm stopping here because I realize this is an impossible task. I'm assuming you are a post 2000 fan so don't have the background on a lot of these players. Just go look up the 76 roster, packed with really good players. Hannah, Gray, Grogan, Cunningham, Francis, Stingley, Hamilton, Adams, Nelson. Apologies again, don't mean anything personal here.

Anyway, Willie Mac is my guy, the original Alpha.

Every one associated with the 1976 team should be treated as though they wear a Super Bowl ring, from Ernie Adams to Julius Adams.

Got to mention Steve Zabel.

I gotta say... there is one guy that I am shocked that hasn't been mentioned yet... Steve Nelson

and i figured Bob "hold my beer" Gladieux would have at least gotten a mention, all things considered...
Thanks for mentioning Nellie.

Got to give honorable mention to Pat Patriot himself, Jon Morris.

BB list
  • Larry Whigham - Larry! Larry! Larry!
  • John Hannah - my dad used to tell just how good this guy was when i was a kid in the 70's
  • Jeff Dellenbach - badass center, was sorry to see him go
  • Gino Cappelletti - as much for how good he was on the air as he was on the field
  • Russ Francis - was pissed when he left, happy when he came back
  • Tim Goad - Goads Toads, Section 12 ... hell yeah
  • Sam Cunningham - dude was a complete gamer... who didn't have 10 different Sam Cunningham cards stuck in their bike spokes ...
  • Bob Gladieux - "Would Bob Gladieux please report to the Patriot locker room" lmao, best Patriot story ever
  • Doug Dumler - wouldn't believe me if i told ya, so i wont tell ya
  • Grogan - i mean, really, who doesn't love Steve Grogan?
  • Steve Nelson - just a great all around LB - completely forgotten except in NE, but shouldn't be...

AB list
  • Larry Whigham - Larry! Larry! Larry!
  • Vince Wilfork - One of the best... would actually think about going to Canton when he gets in
  • Julian Edelman - Mr Patriot, v2.0
  • Tedy Bruschi - Mr Patriot, v1.0 - Epitomizes what it meant to be a New England Patriot
  • Bobby Hamilton - Just loved having him on the line
  • Don Davis - he was on the Rams, in 36... joined NE in 2003 - my bro knew him
  • Trey Flowers - loved how this guy played hard nosed ball before fleecing going to Detroit
  • Willie Mac, Vrabes, Law etc - The early defensive stars of Dynasty v1 - loved their fight... No names become world beaters - Deserve much more respect then they are accorded... Half of them belong in the HoF no matter what their "stats" say
Gotta give Larry Izzo some love

New England, for all the tough times in the 60’s through the mid 90’s, has managed to cobble together 5 GOATS over their existence.

1.) qb - brady
2.) left guard - Hannah
3.) coach - bb
4.) tight end - gronkowski
5.) special teams - slater

Pretty amazing!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back