PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who was/is your favorite Patriot

B.B. - Bruschi & T. Brown

A.B. - Harrison & Edelman

Being a Patriot fan has started since TB era so...
Ty Law, Wilfork, DMac and of course TB12.

My all time favorite Patriot is Ty Law and he has always been far ahead of Brady. A quick ranking would be:

1. Law
2. Bruschi- just made timely plays and made the defense feel like a family.
3. Brady-obvious
4. Ellis Hobbs- I know this is a shocker since he was often overmatched but his effort was sky high and I respected it.
5. Corey Dillon- we haven't come close to a rb having a season like his 1600yd in 04.
6. Moss-He ruined my expectations for deep threat wrs lol.
7. Edelman- I guess it is about how you finish because I couldn't stand him as a wr early in his career.
8. Butler- The sb benching dropped him a little but he could've easily been #1 on this list for that int alone.
9. Gronk- I love the dude and I think I cared too much. I watch football to be entertained and his health genuinely made me sad and that why he is lower on the list.
10. Dmac
11. Logan Ryan- I honestly feel he had Hof skill but was held back by his below average speed.

Pre 2000
Steve Kiner (obviously)
Andre Tippett
Mosi Tatupu
John Hannah
Julius Adams

Post 2000
Randy Moss
Rodney Harrison
Vince Wilfork
Richard Seymour
David Patton

Most of you know I am a Ravens fan but I am curious too know.

1- Who is your favorite Patriot before the TB12 Era?
2- During the TB12 Era

I personally always enjoyed Edelman and Ty Law

P.S. Ray Lewis murdered someone just for any of you who might mention it;)
Not joking, my favorite patriots growing up were harlon barnett and corey croom, so ill stick with them for pre modern era. Modern era, edelman

First was Sam Cunningham
Then Stanley Morgan
Then Tedy
Then Jules
Now Slater, I guess.

I absolutely loved Gronk when he was here, 100% one of my favorites if not THE favorite during his time here, but the mouth running, and subsequent divorce has left me the bitter ex. I may come around when he retires, but for now, I remain mad. Before everyone jumps on me, I understand this is a "me" problem.
dont apologize. no need to.

dont apologize. no need to.
I appreciate that. Not apologizing, just defending my position in advance. There's a large faction that wants to argue with just about everything. Tom, Bill, the Krafts, Gronk, Jules, Wes, free agency, politics, taxes. Lots of keyboard cowboys these days.

all my favorites are gamers, tough football players…
<2000
bruschi
brown
morgan
hannah
grogan
tippet
>2000
givens
law
edelmen
wilfork
seymour
rodney
andrews

60's: Antwine, Nance, Garron, Garrett
70's: so many - Grogan, Francis, Hannah, Morgan, Calhoun - could list 10 more
80's: Tippett, Blackmon, Ivory
90's: Undertaker, Coates, Bledsoe, Martin, Glenn,
00's: Brady, Willie, Troy, Patton, Seymour, Harrison
10's: Jules, Gronk, White, Hightower, McCourty

I gotta say... there is one guy that I am shocked that hasn't been mentioned yet... Steve Nelson

and i figured Bob "hold my beer" Gladieux would have at least gotten a mention, all things considered...

Last edited:
Tony Eason

Veteran top 5

Tom Brady
Rodney Harrison
Randy Moss
Tedy Bruschi
Vince Wilfork

Current top 5

David Andrews
Donta Hightower
Mac Jones
James White
Malcolm Butler

Half of the people here don’t know any pre-TB12 Pats (hence, their persistent state of mourning since March 2020).

Pre (and still my all-time favorite):
View attachment 42047

I was hoping Vince would get a mention …. He was a favorite of my family…. Never get tired of seeing the vid of him intercepting that pass and running…can feel the ground shake every time lol

My all time favorite Patriot is Ty Law and he has always been far ahead of Brady. A quick ranking would be:

1. Law
2. Bruschi- just made timely plays and made the defense feel like a family.
3. Brady-obvious
4. Ellis Hobbs- I know this is a shocker since he was often overmatched but his effort was sky high and I respected it.
5. Corey Dillon- we haven't come close to a rb having a season like his 1600yd in 04.
6. Moss-He ruined my expectations for deep threat wrs lol.
7. Edelman- I guess it is about how you finish because I couldn't stand him as a wr early in his career.
8. Butler- The sb benching dropped him a little but he could've easily been #1 on this list for that int alone.
9. Gronk- I love the dude and I think I cared too much. I watch football to be entertained and his health genuinely made me sad and that why he is lower on the list.
10. Dmac
11. Logan Ryan- I honestly feel he had Hof skill but was held back by his below average speed.
I don't mean to be disrespectful but you have some strange choices here. Hobbs? Butler? DMac? Ryan? In the DB ranks we are passing over Haynes, Clayborn, Gilmore, Jackson, Harrison, Milloy, Marion, FOX . I do like Butler and Ryan but not in that class. DMac, I'm biased here, thinking he was an overrated safety. I'm stopping here because I realize this is an impossible task. I'm assuming you are a post 2000 fan so don't have the background on a lot of these players. Just go look up the 76 roster, packed with really good players. Hannah, Gray, Grogan, Cunningham, Francis, Stingley, Hamilton, Adams, Nelson. Apologies again, don't mean anything personal here.

Anyway, Willie Mac is my guy, the original Alpha.

One of our current problems is I don't know if we have any current candidates for this list. Probably Slater. Maybe Andrews. We need an Alpha!!!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back