PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who takes the open roster spot after Gordon's exit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they give Kamalu a chance to play a little. He might be better than Clayborn,Davis, Rivers, Simon and Wise.
The D line needs a boost in a major way

From bad to worse news for Shelton . could be sneaky good news for Pats DL. Looked good 2017 HOU preseason. Hopefully they try him out these 2 games..

Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is there next TC..

Last edited:
Im guessing well see either kamalu and/or shelton sunday given the matchup

IDK. From what I read (from Reiss, IIRC), Branch had struggles with weight and conditioning maintenance from the moment he came into the league. Certain benchmarks were even written into the contract he signed with the Pats.

As much as I like to joke about how Branch slid into semi-retirement for the 2017 season, it was always a consideration for me that he had simply passed the age where he could still get his conditioning back to a sufficiently high level after a layoff, no matter how much he might have wanted to.

Entirely possible that this was more his age than motivation. Playing DL is not the cushiest of jobs.

Well, they pay guys to practice and be ready to play.

How about just dressing the 53 who are already on the roster?? That may relieve some of the ST time for our starting O and D teams, and might change the game for the better... Do not get paying guys to be ready to play...

I hope they give Kamalu a chance to play a little. He might be better than Clayborn,Davis, Rivers, Simon and Wise.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot less dime coverage and a lot more DL use against the Bills, considering how much more proficient their offense under Allen has been running the ball rather than throwing it (except to Robert Foster). So, yeah, Kamalu could get a chance.

From bad to worse news for Shelton . could be sneaky good news for Pats DL. Looked good 2017 HOU preseason. Hopefully they try him out these 2 games..

Wouldn't be surprised if Adams is there next TC..

As a rookie for the Texans in 2016, Kamalu was promoted from the PS after Thanksgiving and active for four games/1 start, playing a total of 89 D-snaps (67% in wk-13, and 59% in wk-17). He contributed 5 tackles, a TFL and a sack, playing OLB/DE.

In 2017, Kamalu was active for 9 games/2 starts, 184 D-snaps (plus 47 on ST), beginning in wk-5. He averaged about 32% of the D-snaps when he was active (about the same % that Wise has been playing since the BYE). Kamalu played mostly OLB/SAM, and contributed 6 tackles, 3 TFL and 2 sacks. (Wise has 24 tackles, 4 TFL, 4.5 sacks and 13 QBH in 14 games/368 snaps on the season.)

As far as I can tell, Kamalu didn't appear on the Texans' injury report in either season.

SIDENOTE: The Texans waived Kamalu during 2018 cutdowns, and he wasn't signed to the Cards' PS until late-September. He was released from the Cards' PS on October 30, and replaced by Vince Valentine (who the Pats had released from their own PS on October 8). As of December 11, Valentine is on the Cards' active roster.

How about just dressing the 53 who are already on the roster?? That may relieve some of the ST time for our starting O and D teams, and might change the game for the better... Do not get paying guys to be ready to play...

Hypothetically, the inactive list is an "equalizer" to offset injuries, so that a team that has to sit several injured players isn't at a personnel disadvantage to a team that's completely healthy.

I'd give it a try except for a few problems:
a) My age
b) I've lost a step or ten.
c) It takes me longer than 40 seconds to get up once I'm down.

brandon c** oops, not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back