PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who takes the open roster spot after Gordon's exit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady, he can throw to himself.

Brady, he can throw to himself.

giselevid5.jpg

At this point, it seems almost certain to be a promotion from the PS.

its a PosSibilty

Seems like a very strong possibility this late in the week. All the guys on the PS are on the field practicing already anyway, so a promotion transaction late today or tomorrow seems a lot more likely than a brand new acquisition for the active roster leading into Sunday.

They may or may not make an outside acquisition next week, or after week-17. But the SFA menu at WR seems pretty slim at the moment.

Ted Washington is 50 years old. I'm sure he can still do something

I never really understood how Alan Branch just fell off the map. In 2016, he was the most consistent DL-man...in 2017 he all of sudden was inactive on game days. Now he is still a FA..... I just don't get how players just fall out of favor. Sure, he might have gotten lazy amd gained weight or something...but would that diminish his skill set that much?

I never really understood how Alan Branch just fell off the map. In 2016, he was the most consistent DL-man...in 2017 he all of sudden was inactive on game days. Now he is still a FA..... I just don't get how players just fall out of favor. Sure, he might have gotten lazy amd gained weight or something...but would that diminish his skill set that much?
I certainly have no idea what the root cause was which would explain the"cliff' he dropped off of but he is 34 now and once a player loses his quickness (legs, feet, hands) they are finished. Some players gradually fade. Some fall off a cliff.

I think to your point once he got that 2 year deal after the 2015 season and after the 2016 season was set financially, he didn't work as hard on his conditioning, technique, etc.

Branch was always kind of an odd duck. He always worked out at home and only showed up when he absolutely had to. Plus he was suspended a week for ripping a 50- megaton nuclear fart during an all-team meeting. Hilarious, but unprofessional.

I'm gonna guess WR Damoun Patterson, who's on the Parctice Squad right now. At least he's been exposed to the system for a while. I can't imagine them signing a street FA WR this late in the season.

Of course the spot could be taken by adding to a different position.
I vote for Frank Herron DT

Its probably hard to maintain the focus and intensity necessary to be successful and its harder for some people than others.

I love these threads - who's gonna be the 53d guy on the roster! Who's gonna be inactive every game!

Seems like a very strong possibility this late in the week. All the guys on the PS are on the field practicing already anyway, so a promotion transaction late today or tomorrow seems a lot more likely than a brand new acquisition for the active roster leading into Sunday.

They may or may not make an outside acquisition next week, or after week-17. But the SFA menu at WR seems pretty slim at the moment.
I’m sure they’ll figure something out. BB and TB are good at making jags serviceable

I’m sure they’ll figure something out. BB and TB are good at making jags serviceable

Might not even be a WR who's promoted or acquired. And any new guy might be destined to be inactive for the next two games.

Shelton's been inactive for three games. Dawson hasn't been active since he came back from IR. Last week, Hollister got swapped out for Allen (who ended up playing only 3 snaps). Any one of those guys could be active for the last two games if the "new guy" is an inactive.

where is he??? i.r. ? Maybe I'm thinking of the kid they drafted from Miami...
Braxton Miller is the former Texans WR currently on the Eagles’ practice squad. Not a great sign that they had no interest in promoting him to the active roster despite all of their injuries at WR.

Berrios is the one on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Logue
19 seconds ago
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back