PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who really gets the credit for SBLIII win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Allen his punting was on point the whole game. He was able to pin the Rams deep in their own zone consistently and in a defensive battle that was a huge advantage. But you also have to put Van Noy in the conversation as well he was playing great.

Many were responsible for the win. Gronk certainly deserves mention. Edelman was named MVP.

I keep hearing about how it was all Flores' doing. Not much credit going to guys like Gilmore, Hightower and Van Noy.

How Flores was a defensive guru with this team by playing more man and going away from bed don't break, but than I remember how his defense couldn't stop KC's offense.

Or is it on Goff and Gurley's lackluster performance? Or that Goff might've had the worst statistical performance for QB in the Super Bowl, like the late passes that allowed Gilmore to pick him off and Jason Mccourty to tackle Cooks on the 3rd qtr play when it was 3-0?

Ryan Allen his punting was on point the whole game. He was able to pin the Rams deep in their own zone consistently and in a defensive battle that was a huge advantage. But you also have to put Van Noy in the conversation as well he was playing great.
Similar to how Weatherford killed the Pats in SB 46.

I keep hearing about how it was all Flores' doing. Not much credit going to guys like Gilmore, Hightower and Van Noy.

How Flores was a defensive guru with this team by playing more man and going away from bed don't break, but than I remember how his defense couldn't stop KC's offense.

Or is it on Goff and Gurley's lackluster performance? Or that Goff might've had the worst statistical performance for QB in the Super Bowl, like the late passes that allowed Gilmore to pick him off and Jason Mccourty to tackle Cooks on the 3rd qtr play when it was 3-0?
Reports are saying players are saying it was Belichick that was responsibke for the defense.

I don't want to hear nothin' about Flores or Brady or Edelman or Gilmore or Hightower or Gronk or BB.

The credit belong entirely to my dog.

Every day, after we come back from his noon walk, the doorman in our building tosses a treat in the air because my dog loves jumping up and going after it. He's usually reliable to catch it before it hits the ground maybe two or three out of five days in any given week.

Last week, every time the treat went into the air, I said, "Get this is for a Pats win on Sunday." M' dog went five for five last week and definitely deserves all the credit. So let's stop this silly debate right now.

Without the pick of Sony Michel that was largely panned at the time, the offense at the end of the year would not have existed.

Maybe there's something to that but he's still no Lamar Jackson

As Belichick always tells us, it's the players who deserve the credit. This time the defensive players were most responsible.

Bill Belichick

That was an amazing coaching job, they were able to win in every way.

BB’s game plan was HOF material. Saying that the Patriots players in both trenches won this game. We ran the ball when we had to and scored just enough to win. We stuffed their run and pressured their pass game all game long.

This board has been celebrating Gilmore, Hightower, and Van Noy all week.

Agreed....and I'll admit, immediately after the game I thought it was a lock for Edelman to win Super Bowl MVP, but the more that I've thought about it, it should have been Hightower or Gilmore.

Agreed....and I'll admit, immediately after the game I thought it was a lock for Edelman to win Super Bowl MVP, but the more that I've thought about it, it should have been Hightower or Gilmore.

I was on the Gilmore MVP train even before the pick but after watching the film breakdown I have to give it to Hightower. His roster spot is no longer in jeopardy if it ever was.

I was on the Gilmore MVP train even before the pick but after watching the film breakdown I have to give it to Hightower. His roster spot is no longer in jeopardy if it ever was.
How could anyone ever think it was?

Maybe there's something to that but he's still no Lamar Jackson

If we had drafted Lamar Jackson, there would have been no need for fourth quarter drama. Patriots win that game by at least 35.

Without the pick of Sony Michel that was largely panned at the time, the offense at the end of the year would not have existed.

I don’t recall the pick being panned. Do you mean by this forum or the idiots on the radio?

If we had drafted Lamar Jackson, there would have been no need for fourth quarter drama. Patriots win that game by at least 35.

The Rans probably would have conceded at the half

I don’t recall the pick being panned. Do you mean by this forum or the idiots on the radio?

IIRC the national media take was favorable but not ecstatic. The bulk of the local mediots were of course slamming it left and right, with the few normal expected exceptions who liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back