PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is your choice to be The 'X' Factor in this year's Super Bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good choice. Honestly, he remains my lone fear in these kinds of games. Loaded weaponry, and then gets all confused and over-analyzes.
I get a good laugh out of the fans who complain about our offense LOL

Gilly gilly

too young to remember the 2007, 10 or 12 offense???

lmao

Dude, I am 41.

2007 offense = FAIL. Stopped using Stallworth and Gaffney by November pretty much, and defenses knew he didn't want to go under Center or use a run game. No playaction. Fail.
2010 offense = FAIL from Week 1 to Week 4, Week 5 - Week 17 = Wild Success because BB wisely dealt moss, a Brady addiction. Fail again by the postseason vs the Jets with deer in headlights look all game after a god awful INT to start the game.
2011 - FAIL as Brady regressed back to only targeting 2 players again (Gronk/Welker), ignoring Branch and Hernandez early in the season. His INT rate was skyrocketing by November of that year.
2012 Offense = Actually more loaded than 2011 (his 4th read, Brandon Lloyd, had 74 receptions and 4 TDs at the X), but probably a worse result than 2011, still addicted to Welker/Gronk only, which is a big reason why BB didn't want to move on with Welker, long term.

Young or old, I know the material, stone cold, so just forget it.

I get a good laugh out of the fans who complain about our offense LOL

I don't. I think about how much of a waste SB 49 and SB 51 would have been without incredible miracles.

It would have been JUST like the lack of offense in SB 42 AND SB 46.

Can't change facts and history, dude.

To me, an "X Factor" is unexpected.
So, Malcolm Butler from out of the blue three years ago clearly fit that bill.
James White last year was unexpected, but not out of the blue. But, still, yeah, an "X Factor." So, to me at least, that means he can't be an X Factor this year because he's "been there done that." Same thing for Ryan Allen, who stiffed the Falcons last year.

On offense, I'm going to pick James Develin to make a big play.
On defense, I think Van Noy could have his own Hightower moment.
On ST, I'm going to be a little out of the box and pick Patrick Chung with a big play at a critical moment or a forced fumble.

Phillip Dorsett ... Drawing the #3 or 4 cover guy, his speed finally comes in to play.

I think there's a decent chance that one of Cooks or Dorsett beats a CB on a double move for a big gain. Cooks had those 3 sideline comebacks against the Jags, so he kinda has it set up already.

I still feel that cooks will have a huge game. Plays will be there against that secondary.

James White last year was unexpected, but not out of the blue. But, still, yeah, an "X Factor." So, to me at least, that means he can't be an X Factor this year because he's "been there done that." Same thing for Ryan Allen, who stiffed the Falcons last year.

On ST, I'm going to be a little out of the box and pick Patrick Chung with a big play at a critical moment or a forced fumble.

Ha! I beat ya to it on Chung! Nyah-nyahh!

Seriously, Chung's versatility in coverage and run-D, and the level of his play this season seems to set him up for a couple of splash plays when the Iggles run their RPO.

I still feel that cooks will have a huge game. Plays will be there against that secondary.

He certainly showed well enough against the JAX corners to be under consideration for extra attention from the Iggles secondary. Which only means that another Brady target will likely be getting a more favorable matchup.

To me James White is still an X Factor because Rex is ahead of him on the roster in terms of on the field snaps - Rex will get his share of touches as 1st choice in the pass game out of the backfield, but I think White does more with what he gets

I do think the Eagles will slow Dion Lewis down as they have done with so many backs this season and ranked #1 vs the run,so the game could come down to the productivity of Rex and James

James Harrison. Ever since signing with the Patriots, he's had that crazy Brady look in his eye.

Cooks will be a factor but hes expected to make plays as a star receiver..the X Factor is a guy coming out of nowhere to take over a game,never is an X-Factor guy a #1 receiver (Gronk is a TE of course :))

Mathew Slater.

Special teams looks to be huge in this game, and Slater has the potential (and the veteran savvy) to force a fumble on a punt or kick return, possibly leading to a Patriots TD. I'll be honest here. I fully expect this Patriots team to score in all three phases during this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back