PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who is the mystery backstabbing former Patriot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
O.K. I know we have all read countless articles and opinions about New England acquiring Randy Moss in the past 2 weeks but there seems to have been 1 specific player in general that was badmouthing this organization saying how its never really been a team thing and there were bad guys in the locker room,guys did not always get along and things were not so rosy as how the team was projected into the spotlight as a well organized quiet laden team.

Who do you think was the culprit behind those strong remarks? - If you haven't read the quotes and want to get an idea of exactly everything that was said,go to any Moss column in the past 2 weeks and it should be in there.

It seemed to come primarily from 1 NE Player no longer with the team but wished to remain anonymous since he was probably scared Seymour or Warren were going to come to his house and kick his ass.

WHO IS YOUR MOST LIKELY SUSPECTS IN A LINEUP OF 4 GUYS TO WHOM OPENED THEIR MOUTH TO THE PRESS?

If I had to wager on it I have 4 probable players and likelyhood in order of who I think said it

Ted Johnson - Holding big grudges against the team and BB , I could see him saying this stuff.

Ty Law - Probably is envious that we won another without him and possibly even 1 more this year and said it out of frustration.

Lawyer Milloy - Left the Patriots with not such a happy exit and he still holds anger I think against the team for letting him go.

Cedric Cobbs - Not that this loser's words really mean anything,but he never fit in here and was not happy with being a Patriot,I could see him as a possible suspect.

ted johnson.

Maybe Drew Bledsoe.

Please provide citations. Thanks.

All of the guys who left here are suspect, IMHO. But so what? Does it really matter what they say?

Don't know who it is but I know who it isn't . . . Joe Kapp. If Kapp was aiming to stab the Pats in the back he'd miss. :(

I would guess David Givens.

David Givens

Doug Gabriel...Moss expert and disgruntled former employee.

Maybe Drew Bledsoe.

Bledsoe is to nice of a guy.

My main suspects:
Milloy (He's said some BS about the team in the past, he's not at all happy they dropped him for Harrison, and he's envious about missing out on more rings.)
Cox (I've listened to this guy talk on the radio, and sometimes he comes off as a jerk who's self important and mouthy.)
Givens (When he left I just had the feeling he was in a bad place with the FO.)
Adam V. (I was going to put him in the maybe's, but some of the things said sound like someone with solid intellect might have said them, and Adam is self important.)

Maybe's:
Johnson
Law

Last edited:
My money is on Ted Johnson. He's bitter, dislikes Belichick, and has a lot of media connections.

My money is on Ted Johnson. He's bitter, dislikes Belichick, and has a lot of media connections.

I don't think it could of been Johnson. If I remember the article (Please correct me if I'm wrong), the "source" said something like "when I got to another locker room...." TJ retired, and never played for another team...

Anyone who saw the recent NFL Films' "America's Game - 2001 New England Patriots", narrated in 2006 by (among others) Lawyer Milloy knows that it couldn't be Lawyer.

My guess is the recently very loquacious Dexter Reid.

Anyone who saw the recent NFL Films' "America's Game - 2001 New England Patriots", narrated in 2006 by (among others) Lawyer Milloy knows that it couldn't be Lawyer.

My guess is the recently very loquacious Dexter Reid.

Could be Damien Woody. He's always been very media-friendly.

Joe Andruzzi is another possibility. I know he was pissed about not getting re-upped. Givens is obviously a candidate. But my money's on Woody.

Don't know who it is but I know who it isn't . . . Joe Kapp. If Kapp was aiming to stab the Pats in the back he'd miss. :(

Give that man a ceegar!

Bledsoe is to nice of a guy.

My main suspects:
Milloy (He's said some BS about the team in the past, he's not at all happy they dropped him for Harrison, and he's envious about missing out on more rings.)
Cox (I've listened to this guy talk on the radio, and sometimes he comes off as a jerk who's self important and mouthy.)
Givens (When he left I just had the feeling he was in a bad place with the FO.)
Adam V. (I was going to put him in the maybe's, but some of the things said sound like someone with solid intellect might have said them, and Adam is self important.)

Maybe's:
Johnson
Law

I'm thinking Cox. I heard him in an interview on a Buffalo radio station a few years back (prior to the Super Bowl versus the Eagles) and he alluded to the locker room being disfunctional in New England. He came across as bitter, but maybe that's just my biased opinion.

Duane Thomas

I will go with Deion Branch who seems to have a underhanded personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes