PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has more rushing yards, Brady or Wilson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF_SU

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Answer:

Granted, Wilson's been very conservative this year running with the football with his injury and the crappy offensive line, but still funny to see. Teams will be playing contain against Brady soon.

Playing on a bad knee and a bad ankle will do that to a guy. Wilson's clearly nowhere near 100%, which is really exposing how godawful that line is. If anything I'm almost surprised that Wilson has that many, considering that he can barely run.

If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm terrified that this is setting up as a recipe for a career-altering injury to Wilson. He's kind of a lame duck back there right now, already dealing with a pretty significant injury, behind one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen assembled.

Playing on a bad knee and a bad ankle will do that to a guy. Wilson's clearly nowhere near 100%, which is really exposing how godawful that line is. If anything I'm almost surprised that Wilson has that many, considering that he can barely run.
I am curious how Belichick will rush him in two weeks. With the Bills defensive line ahead of him he's projected to get hit some more Monday Night.

I am curious how Belichick will rush him in two weeks. With the Bills defensive line ahead of him he's projected to get hit some more Monday Night.

Definitely - I think we'll see Belichick treat him a lot more like a pocket passer than they did in SB49. You can afford to pin your ears back and go after him a bit more, rather than focusing as hard on keeping him in the pocket as they did a couple years ago. That threat just isn't there anymore.

Also, if we can't get a pass rush in this game, that'll be when I officially become worried about the Pats' pass rush. Their line is really, really bad - any half decent rush should get to him with regularity.

Also, if we can't get a pass rush in this game, that'll be when I officially become worried about the Pats' pass rush. Their line is really, really bad - any half decent rush should get to him with regularity.
I want to see the D-line get to him with four man rushes. If they blitz (I was darn surprised how often they blitzed Taylor on Sunday, nearly 40% of all dropbacks) they'll be able to get to him for sure, but with how bad Seattle's offensive line is they have to be able to pressure Wilson with four.

I would not surprise me to learn after the year Wilson has all kinds of torn ligaments and tendons in there and is gutting it out big time.

I want to see the D-line get to him with four man rushes. If they blitz (I was darn surprised how often they blitzed Taylor on Sunday, nearly 40% of all dropbacks) they'll be able to get to him for sure, but with how bad Seattle's offensive line is they have to be able to pressure Wilson with four.

Whenever the Pats blitz, rusher(s) manage to get knocked to the ground and are out of the play. In the cases where pressure does get applied to the QB, this year we've been notably unable to bring them to the ground. Frustrating to watch.

I would not surprise me to learn after the year Wilson has all kinds of torn ligaments and tendons in there and is gutting it out big time.
He is gutting it out while showing that he can be a good pocket passer. He's on pace for a 4000 yard season behind a crappy offensive line and with basically only two receiving options. Speaking of his receiving options, damn, Jimmy Graham turns 30 in a month? He was drafted the same year as Gronk but Gronk's three years younger.

If I'm a Seattle fan, I'm terrified that this is setting up as a recipe for a career-altering injury to Wilson. He's kind of a lame duck back there right now, already dealing with a pretty significant injury, behind one of the worst offensive lines I've ever seen assembled.
worse than last years Pats?

how many yds did brady rush all of last year?

He is gutting it out while showing that he can be a good pocket passer. He's on pace for a 4000 yard season behind a crappy offensive line and with basically only two receiving options. Speaking of his receiving options, damn, Jimmy Graham turns 30 in a month? He was drafted the same year as Gronk but Gronk's three years younger.

Yea and hes only gonna throw around 12 TDs. He really misses a running game he can lean on. He manages the game well, though.

He's got to learn Ben R's trick of letting everyone know that so we can marvel at how tough he is.
I give him credit. You aren't hearing a peep out of him.

I hope Brady dives into the endzone and does the Superman pose like Newton marching onto a SB win and basically saying - That's how its done in the Superbowl Cam!

We'll probably see more blitzing against Wilson. On top of the ankle injury, he also has an MCL injury. He's not the threat to run that he usually is and can now hurt you from the pocket. I think that Belichick will be much more aggressive against him than he was with Taylor.

I honestly thought Brady had more than that. He's been very opportunistic this season when the second level of the D forgets about him.

worse than last years Pats?

Easily, yeah. They have nothing on their line. No talent. As bad as things got for us at the end of last year, that exact line would be a major upgrade for Seattle. There's only one player on that line that you can say definitely belongs on an NFL roster.

Easily, yeah. They have nothing on their line. No talent. As bad as things got for us at the end of last year, that exact line would be a major upgrade for Seattle. There's only one player on that line that you can say definitely belongs on an NFL roster.

Read this and think about it. Petey is not a moron like some NFL coaches but appreciate how balanced BB has been able to keep the Pats squad despite some frustrating to us "obvious" holes in the lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes