PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who does Champ cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sold on Bailey as a shutdown corner. He makes a lot of tackles for someone that NFL QBs are supposed to want to avoid.

gomezcat said:
I'm not sold on Bailey as a shutdown corner. He makes a lot of tackles for someone that NFL QBs are supposed to want to avoid.

so that means he lets up passes? or could mean hes good against run..look at Ty Law :)

but hes not a shutdown corner..hes the closest thing to it but he cant be a shutdown corner because with the new rule..its nearly impossible to be considered "shut down"

Last edited:
Remix 6 said:
so that means he lets up passes? or could mean hes good against run..look at Ty Law :)

but hes not a shutdown corner..hes the closest thing to it but he cant be a shutdown corner because with the new rule..its nearly impossible to be considered "shut down"
You're right,there aren't any shutdown corners in the NFL,not since the Tony Dungy/Bill Pollian,don't touch me after 5 yards or Ill cry rule.
The closet guy is Deangelo Hall of Atlanta.

I recall Tom burning Bailey at least once with a deep ball in the playoff game to Andre Davis.

italia44 said:
You're right,there aren't any shutdown corners in the NFL,not since the Tony Dungy/Bill Pollian,don't touch me after 5 yards or Ill cry rule.
The closet guy is Deangelo Hall of Atlanta.

nope. DeAngelo gets beat more than you would think per the book Scientific Football 2006 or whatever its called

Law was actually very good last year despite people saying he got too many penalties..had 6 in the first part of season but after that..didnt commit 1 penalty i believe and let up a low ypc when manned up.

Hall is only as good as you think because hes talked about a lot..because he runs his mouth being ****y, because hes made pro bowl and because he was amazing at VTech. If u watch a lot of Falcon games from last year, he got beat quiet a few times.

Remix 6 said:
nope. DeAngelo gets beat more than you would think per the book Scientific Football 2006 or whatever its called

Law was actually very good last year despite people saying he got too many penalties..had 6 in the first part of season but after that..didnt commit 1 penalty i believe and let up a low ypc when manned up.

Hall is only as good as you think because hes talked about a lot..because he runs his mouth being ****y, because hes made pro bowl and because he was amazing at VTech. If u watch a lot of Falcon games from last year, he got beat quiet a few times.

He also gets a lot of talk because he has blazing speed. He's very agressive and a gambler so he'll make a big highlight plays but can get burned for some catches. I'd still probably take Ty Law over him.

i wouldnt

my top 5 CBs

1. Bailey
2. McAlister
3. Lucas
4. Winfield
5. Springs/Mathis

I used to be high on McAlister but I've seen him burned badly a lot.

Remix 6 said:
i wouldnt

my top 5 CBs

1. Bailey
2. McAlister
3. Lucas
4. Winfield
5. Springs/Mathis
Really impressed with Mathis,he "reads" the QB really well.I think Ellis Hobbs will be up there in a year or two,in fact,I think,Hobbs would make an excellent safety.

???

Remix 6 said:
i wouldnt

my top 5 CBs

1. Bailey
2. McAlister
3. Lucas
4. Winfield
5. Springs/Mathis
what, are we talking just active CBs?
or all time?

Re: ???

ilduce06410 said:
what, are we talking just active CBs?
or all time?

if we were talking all time..wouldnt deion be on therE? of course active

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back