PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who Do You Want To Add?

I want to see the Pats bring back a lot of their final cuts on the practice squad.

They will need to prioritize a wide receiver to replace Thornton, so I'd expect Humphrey and Nixon to be on the practice squad with potential to be elevated for games before Thornton is back.

They need to prioritize another running back in case Montgomery goes on IR as well, the Pats could bring in a pass catching back from outside to replace Montgomery or if they really trust Harris and Stevenson as pass catchers just sign Harris to the practice squad.

I'd like to see depth at the OL, TE and EDGE added to the practice squad/any roster spots that open up after players go on IR.

One of the backup C's should be signed to the practice squad (and probably elevated on gameday for three weeks until the group gets settled). Another interior lineman would be nice in general too.

Need a TE on the practice squad in case Henry or Smith gets injured.

A WR to replace Thornton once he's on IR.

And another safety because 7 just isn't enough ;)

Sounds like we may have interested in Leatherwood. I did it, I willed him to us.

A WR to replace Thornton once he's on IR.
Were you thinking either Nixon or Lil Jordan if they clear waivers or did you have someone else in mind that was cut from another team?

I don't get the infatuation people have with this guy. He's had like one decent season and other than that been pretty much a jag. Granted, he'd be cheap so couldn't hurt to kick the tires.
I think the infatuation is over how good he looked in college, even though for whatever reason (injuries?, bad fit?) it hasn't worked out in the NFL.

Comparing just his athleticism to other #3 TEs we have carried, he seems worth a gamble. Maybe the Bengals will find out.

I'm still trying to find out which is correct...Who or Whom

Zappe to practice squad and Thornton to non IR?
Once more, for those in the back: Belichick has cut exactly one fourth-round player before the end of his rookie season, and that was in 2007, which was sui generis.

Reactions: Ian
A 3rd TE seems like a big one. Have more confidence in going the route of finding more of the blocking TE type, even if they’re nearly exclusively that mold, rather than putting faith in finding a more receiver-first type that’s going to make any sort of meaningful contribution in the passing game. Would also rather see someone who can help spare Henry and Smith from having to put in too much of the dirty work. Not having a a real fullback or H back type amplifies this.

I am fine with every roster decision made. There will still be tweaks, as there are every year.
For example, for months, I have expected to add an OG and/or OC in the week after the cut to 53.
====================================
See below for some of the possibilities.
==================
From Another Team
TE
OG
OC
3rd down RB

Players We Cut
Ferentz (Hines is unlikely to be ready to play OC to start the season)
Humphrey (if we choose to add someone if Thornton is put on IR)
Harris (my choice if Montgomery is put on IR)
By OC, I'm assuming you mean offensive coordinator. If so, I agree.

A 3rd TE seems like a big one.

Asiasi might yet return. So they'll probably wait and see what happens there before poaching someone from a practice squad.
Meantime Humphrey could be the backup.

Whom's on first? :)
DU5TQwlU0AArdui.jpg

Regardless of the grammatical mistakes in the title we just need more talent.

OL doesn't look completely there this preseason. We don't have a 3rd TE. Can this group of WRs cut it without Thornton or Ty Montgomery? We just cut linebacker Mcgrone, does that unit need depth?

The only position groups we don't need more is probably QB and HB. But let's see how game 1 goes, actual NFL competition will expose our weaknesses even more if the Dolphins play us tough.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back