PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you WANT/EXPECT the Pats to draft in the first round? [read post before voting]

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position do you believe the Patriots WILL draft in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I expect the Patriots to trade down withe Saints (picks 29 and 40 for pick 14) and select Darnell Washington TE Georgia.

I expect the Patriots to trade down withe Saints (picks 29 and 40 for pick 14) and select Darnell Washington TE Georgia.
Love Baby Gronk but this year TE class is deep love Dalton Kincaid.

We obviously need to see how the pats have rated the OT's.

Personally, I would be disappointed with a trade down if any of the top OT's and CB's are available. Also the RB is well worth the 14th pick.

Will they ALL be gone: Johnson, Jones, Skoronski, Gonzalez, Witherspoon, and Robinson? I suspect that 1-3 will be available. A tradedown more than a couple of spots may lose whoever is there.

Didn't want to hear that but we have ammo to move up with a Fourth and Sixth. It would be in-excusable if we sat on our hands.

After 2021 I would have never thought JSN would never be close to Pick 14. Pats have to go get him.
Crazy other pick next for me is Dalton Kincaid, move up to get him.
Have the best set of Receivers between the numbers, not outside of them.
Jones should work better with this type of Offensive Philosophy.
OT and CB deeper then many think.

I said tackle as it is the glaring need and the class has good depth at the position. However, I am beginning to strongly believe Zay Flowers will be the pick. They have spent a lot of time with him and Matt Groh spoke of him with fondness and familiarity in their press conference. I strongly doubt either of the top two corners will be there. Doubt Witherspoon makes it out of the top-10. Like the above tweet said I think the tackle run will be extremely fast. Someone could trade into the top-5 for Johnson and kick it off earlier than anticipated. Which could very much leave us in the second tier of players of which Flowers is one of the better players. Strong Deion Branch vibes and I think they want that.

Yeah, the only knock on Skoronski that I've read is his arm length. Everything else I hear is about how he checks every other box to be an elite tackle. If his arms were an inch longer, he'd be the consensus top T on everyone's board and probably a top 5 pick. I think I'd probably take Johnson or Jones if I had my pick of all three, but if Skoronski is their preference (or is the only of the three left at 14), I think we'll end up really liking his game.
Draft Skoronski and add this to the training room.

Torture-Rack-Torture-Devices.jpg

Last edited:
Staying pat and taking Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones is fine by me...but I think the Pats' brass trades down and takes a TE in the late first....Darnell Washington...then trade back up in the early 2nd to take Darnell Wright....

Yes, I am calling a double Darnell dip!!!
This would be great with me. I'm not sold on ANY WR in this class in Rd1. I'd be happy with Mingo in the 3rd. There are lots of good TEs, but I'd love Washington.

Then they can sign either Gesicki or Henry longer term - whichever works out best - and they've got a good mix settled for years.
I don't want them to take boom or bust guys at this point. They're not likely to be competitive this year or probably next, but after that, Hill will be retired (if he does as he said), Buffalo will be deep into Allen's $$$$ and they're already showing some cracks, and the Jets go-for-it with Arod will be over, or almost over.
The Pats should be working hard right now to build that core solidly, then use their FA money next year and the year after to get over the hump - whether that's with Mac or Zappe or someone else is yet to be determined.

Bottom line is that getting into the playoffs this year seems VERY remote in the AFCbEast division.
Honestly, I don't see BB getting back to the show, other than MAYBE '25. Mayo or BOB will take the team in '25 and should be in good position to put together an incredibly competitive roster.

Really warming up on Darnell Wright becoming a real possibility for this pick.

I voted OT

Maryland CB Deonte Banks

This would be great with me. I'm not sold on ANY WR in this class in Rd1. I'd be happy with Mingo in the 3rd. There are lots of good TEs, but I'd love Washington.

Then they can sign either Gesicki or Henry longer term - whichever works out best - and they've got a good mix settled for years.
I don't want them to take boom or bust guys at this point. They're not likely to be competitive this year or probably next, but after that, Hill will be retired (if he does as he said), Buffalo will be deep into Allen's $$$$ and they're already showing some cracks, and the Jets go-for-it with Arod will be over, or almost over.
The Pats should be working hard right now to build that core solidly, then use their FA money next year and the year after to get over the hump - whether that's with Mac or Zappe or someone else is yet to be determined.

Bottom line is that getting into the playoffs this year seems VERY remote in the AFCbEast division.
Honestly, I don't see BB getting back to the show, other than MAYBE '25. Mayo or BOB will take the team in '25 and should be in good position to put together an incredibly competitive roster.
Good post I think J Mingo goes on in the Second a poor man's A. J. Brown.

I voted OT. Not smart enough to say which.

I do think that those who say the Pats should beef up a secondary that will have to face Aaaaron, Josh and Tua x6 (at least this season) make a good point. But I haven't given up on Mac. Give him the best possible chance this year. BB can still scheme on D to keep our guys competitive, especially if he isn't trying to run the Offense as well.

Agree....build the core.

But I am still hoping for a playoff run, d%#*!@t!

Agree....build the core.

But I am still hoping for a playoff run, d%#*!@t!
We need a top 10 NFL QB.

As of now, we don't have a top 10 AFC QB.

We need a top 10 NFL QB.

As of now, we don't have a top 10 AFC QB.

I believe we have a good QB. Maybe not top 10 in his own conference, but definitely 2nd tier with a real chance at improving.

My AFC QB rankings:

Tier 1:

Mahomes
Burrows
Allen
Herbert
Rodgers
Jackson

Tier 2:

Watson
Lawrence
Tagovailoa
Garoppollo
Pickett
Mac Jones
Tier 3:
Wilson
Tannenhill
Mills/Draft Pick
Mineshew/Foles/Draft Pick

I believe we have a good QB. Maybe not top 10 in his own conference, but definitely 2nd tier with a real chance at improving.

My AFC QB rankings:

Tier 1:

Mahomes
Burrows
Allen
Herbert
Rodgers
Jackson

Tier 2:

Watson
Lawrence
Tagovailoa
Garoppollo
Pickett
Mac Jones
Tier 3:
Wilson
Tannenhill
Mills/Draft Pick
Mineshew/Foles/Draft Pick
So, you have Mac at #11 in his conference with a good chance of improving.

Perhaps that is indeed true, although one of this year's draftees will likely be in the AFC and better than Mac. Also, which playoff bound teams have weaker QB's, especially given that one might even get one of the top draftees.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back