PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you WANT/EXPECT the Pats to draft in the first round? [read post before voting]

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position do you believe the Patriots WILL draft in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the draft a few days away, I want to know who (position or player) you think the Pats will draft, and who you want them to draft.

To avoid confusion, I have the poll asking what position you think they will draft. But here in the comments feel free to expound to your heart's content on specific players or what you want them to do.

Voted for OT because of the two positions with the biggest need (ot and Cb) I believe we will select a cb later
I want the pats to do as much as possible to help our qb to succeed and I believe ot has the highest impact for our passing offense to get things going

There are some great choices available at CB, with the advent of Allen, Tua & probably Rodgers playing them twice yearly will make the Pats lean towards a great Defense.. long gone are the days of substandard D with #12 at the helm. Not sure this team as constructed can come back if the Pats are behind..

I believe they will draft a cornerback, but if one of the top Offensive Tackles isn't available at 14 think they should trade back and grab one at the end of the first round.

I voted for OT because I suspect if they don’t move up or down they’re going to take Johnson. I’m more than ok with that choice.

I’d say there is a slight chance they move up and snag a QB.

I still want BAP, but a WR, like JSN or Flowers would fit.

Last edited:
I think OT unless Witherspoon is there.

If he's not, it's OT and then get aggressive trading up into the 2nd rd. for a CB like Forbes.

I voted OT, but knowing BB, he will draft a pass rusher when we need OT, CB, and WR.

I voted Offensive Tackle hoping they can get a LT for the future no Pure RT in the First BB. In this Particular Draft I think there is Great Dept @ CB- WR and TE.

Offensive Tackles Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones would be great for us @ 14 safe picks at a Need Position. Both are projected Left Tackles at the next level.

Not a big draft guy so I don’t have specific names but I follow BGC enough to get a general feel for the strengths and weaknesses of any given particular draft. My preference for who they draft is entirely based on who is still there. I don’t want them taking the 3rd best OT or the 4th CB just because those are the biggest positions of need. My understanding is there are 2 OT worth the 14th or a small trade up, say give one of the extra 4ths, to get to 11 or 12. Similarly there are 3 CBs. I’m fine with that senerio if there is one of those 5 guys available. Those are the only positions where need, talent, position value (having a cheap rookie is huge) and rare characteristics are worth it.

If those guys are already gone cuz there wasn’t a QB run in the top 10 then I would be equally pleased dropping down say into the low 20’s and picking up an extra top 50 pick. The point of a draft isn’t for starters this year it’s about filling holes on next years rosters and that’s the sweet spot in the draft where you can get guys that given a year to mature and grow their game can be year 2 impact starters. At that point the baby Gronk TE becomes a much more palatable pick as both TEs are gone next year. On top of which draft picks bust a lot, more often than people realize. I would much rather get a TE, LB, OT where one will be great, one will be ok, and one will be a bust, then a OT and a CB one of which is an above average starter and the other a bust.

Boring! Another 1st round OL?

People need to go back and look at the long list of excellent 1st round WRs taken over the last few drafts...

Justin Jefferson
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Brandon Aiyuk
DeVonte Smith
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Chris Olive
Jameson Williams
N'Keal Harry (jk)

I'll take the next one of those.

People need to go back and look at the long list of excellent 1st round WRs taken over the last few drafts...

Justin Jefferson
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Brandon Aiyuk
DeVonte Smith
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Chris Olive
Jameson Williams
N'Keal Harry (jk)

Those guys are already drafted.
Full House 90S Tv GIF

Justin Jefferson
Ja'Marr Chase
Jaylen Waddle
Brandon Aiyuk
DeVonte Smith
CeeDee Lamb
Jerry Jeudy
Garrett Wilson
Drake London
Chris Olive
Jameson Williams
N'Keal Harry (jk)

They would F it up somehow.

You would wonder why the Pats do not poach someone from the Steelers scouting department affiliated with their success drafting WRs. Pickens will be the next Pitt WR to blow up.

Just admit that the NE scouting department needs help.

Successful CEOs hire people that are better than they are at performing certain jobs.

its a bit of a dilemma

CB isnt really a huge need, but chances are good a really excellent CB will be available

OT is desperately needed in a big way, just not a sexy pick

a true stud #1 WR is needed, but is there a clear cut one of those in the draft outside of maybe Quenton?

Either a LT or a WR.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back