PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you WANT/EXPECT the Pats to draft in the first round? [read post before voting]

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position do you believe the Patriots WILL draft in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m changing my pick to Levis or Young.

Go big or go home.
I’m sticking with Bill hates Mac and I’m not backing down from that til I see Bill give him a big hug or they split a milkshake or eat Spaghetti together.

So, you have Mac at #11 in his conference with a good chance of improving.

Perhaps that is indeed true, although one of this year's draftees will likely be in the AFC and better than Mac. Also, which playoff bound teams have weaker QB's, especially given that one might even get one of the top draftees.

Still that disastrous offense in 2022 was literally ONE play away from the post-season and even the Fish gave the Jills all they could handle on wildcard weekend with Skylar Thompson….

There is a fine line between winning and losing in the NFL. So many things happen during the season that could go either way….

With the draft a few days away, I want to know who (position or player) you think the Pats will draft, and who you want them to draft.

To avoid confusion, I have the poll asking what position you think they will draft. But here in the comments feel free to expound to your heart's content on specific players or what you want them to do.
You forgot to put in the QB position on your poll, or was that intentional? It looks really SUSS to name every position except QB.

I’m changing my pick to Levis or Young.

Go big or go home.
I’m sticking with Bill hates Mac and I’m not backing down from that til I see Bill give him a big hug or they split a milkshake or eat Spaghetti together.
Since you've spent the last few months convincing yourself that Bill hates Mac and wants him out, logical move by you.
I mean, he got rid of Damian Harris (well no, Harris was a FA, and when's the last time BB signed an RB beyond his rookie deal who wasn't a 3rd-down back?)
I mean, he got rid of Jakobi Meyers (well no, Meyers was also a FA and BB signed JJSS cheaper. Love Meyers, but his game was clearly limited - not a big play/YAC guy at all).
I mean, why'd he cut Hoyer???!!!!! Well, cutting Hoyer early allowed him to catch on with someone else and will let the Pats recoup the dead money.
Bigger question is why didn't BB trade Bourne?
Look, you might be right, but be careful what you wish for.

I expect no trades in top 10. All 4 QB's will be gone by pick 10. Anderson, Gonzales, JSN, Wilson, Robinson, Carter will also be gone.
That leaves 3 more until Pats pick

If Broderick Jones or Paris Johnson are there at 14, the Pats will grab them as they should to cement the LT position.
If neither of them are around I expect Porter would be their next choice followed by Mayer if Porter is gone.

I do not expect Pats to select a playmaker in round 1.

If we stay at 14, we pick a left tackle. The obvious choice. I just don't think BB will keep this pick.Move down and take a CB is my guess. He'll try to fill the LT need with two or three picks in the lower rounds, which he is known for when it comes to O line.

If we stay at 14, we pick a left tackle. The obvious choice. I just don't think BB will keep this pick.Move down and take a CB is my guess. He'll try to fill the LT need with two or three picks in the lower rounds, which he is known for when it comes to O line.

Thanks. We picked Wynn and Solder in the mid-1st round so BB might stick at 14 or move down slightly and pick an OT?

I expect no trades in top 10. All 4 QB's will be gone by pick 10. Anderson, Gonzales, JSN, Wilson, Robinson, Carter will also be gone.
That leaves 3 more until Pats pick

If Broderick Jones or Paris Johnson are there at 14, the Pats will grab them as they should to cement the LT position.
If neither of them are around I expect Porter would be their next choice followed by Mayer if Porter is gone.

I do not expect Pats to select a playmaker in round 1.
I expect the Pats to trade down. Maybe twice in the 1st round and make their 1st pick in round 2.

Stockpile picks for the 2024 draft.

You forgot to put in the QB position on your poll, or was that intentional? It looks really SUSS to name every position except QB.
BB is not rocking the boat with a new QB unless he is late round.

I expect the Pats to trade down. Maybe twice in the 1st round and make their 1st pick in round 2.

Stockpile picks for the 2024 draft.

I would good with trading down and it would be great if they can pull it off, but from what I have heard, everyone wants to trade down so it will not be easy this year, alas. I just hope that if the Patriots are able to wrangle a trade down or two, they get good value.

Thanks. We picked Wynn and Solder in the mid-1st round so BB might stick at 14 or move down slightly and pick an OT?
While I think you're right, I could also see him looking at the Jets needing an OT right after us, and just take the better one.

I’m skeptical of this OT class. Johnson keeps rising and is now considered a candidate as early as pick 3. There have been rumors of “football character” issues for Jones and Wright. Skoronski may or may not be a tackle.

The intriguing guy to me is Nolan Smith. The Patriots have gone for that skill set a few times recently in Collins and Uche. Neither turned into a starting edge defender due to struggles against the run. Smith’s scouting reports say that he’s generally good against the run, despite not having the size for it. If he’s just adequate at edge run defense then I think he’s worth taking at 14.

If Smith is gone or they evaluate him to not be a three down edge, then I’m guessing one of the CBs.

I’m skeptical of this OT class. Johnson keeps rising and is now considered a candidate as early as pick 3. There have been rumors of “football character” issues for Jones and Wright. Skoronski may or may not be a tackle.

The intriguing guy to me is Nolan Smith. The Patriots have gone for that skill set a few times recently in Collins and Uche. Neither turned into a starting edge defender due to struggles against the run. Smith’s scouting reports say that he’s generally good against the run, despite not having the size for it. If he’s just adequate at edge run defense then I think he’s worth taking at 14.

If Smith is gone or they evaluate him to not be a three down edge, then I’m guessing one of the CBs.
One of the easiest ways to rattle these good young QB's is get Defenders who can come after them I like the Nolan Smith pick.

One out of the box surprise pick could be the undersized athletic DT from PITT
Calijah Kancey

One out of the box surprise pick could be the undersized athletic DT from PITT
Calijah Kancey
Explosive would look good beside Barmore image Him - Judon and Uche on Third Downs yikes. :cool:

[Insert elated squirrel meme thanking the gods it's f'ing finally draft day]

Regarding the OT's LT's that is the Pats have ammo to Trade-up a little from 14 we need one.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back