PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you WANT/EXPECT the Pats to draft in the first round? [read post before voting]

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position do you believe the Patriots WILL draft in the first round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How does Van Ness compare to Chandler Jones when he was coming out? Why didn’t he start at all for Iowa?
They rotate a lot on the DL, and Van Ness actually played the most snaps. They let the two redshirt seniors start, though. John Waggoner is a deep UDFA or rookie camp tryout candidate this weekend, while Joe Evans is going back for a sixth year this fall.

I think he’s maybe a little rawer than Jones. He was mainly an interior pass rusher in 2021, which is good experience to have if he ends up in NE but also highlights how little college experience he has as an edge rusher.

He’s from the Chicago area and is dating a Bears player’s sister, so I imagine he’s hoping to go pick 9 and for the Patriots to never have a shot at him.

Well, are we talking about tackles, or all players taken in the teens?

The Patriots record of taking players in the middle of the 1st is outstanding.

I think I was clear on that in my post. The data set for Patriots picks, and for OT in the teens, is too small to be of value. What is of value is the few hundred picks made in the mid teens in the modern draft.

I think I was clear on that in my post. The data set for Patriots picks, and for OT in the teens, is too small to be of value. What is of value is the few hundred picks made in the mid teens in the modern draft.
This board complains all the time about the Patriots WR drafting, and yet we've drafted fewer WRs in the first 3 rounds than we have players in the middle of the 1st round. So maybe we shouldn't discuss either?

Belichick has made 8 picks between 10-21 and the record is really good.

This board complains all the time about the Patriots WR drafting, and yet we've drafted fewer WRs in the first 3 rounds than we have players in the middle of the 1st round. So maybe we shouldn't discuss either?

Belichick has made 8 picks between 10-21 and the record is really good.

LOL. You can discuss it all you want. You are complaining because that's not what I'm discussing.

yeah..I'm the guy who predicted the Pats would snag Gonzo...yeah...that's the ticket...and then I converted to be a christian and got a date with Morgan Fairchild...who wants to have my babies...yeah...

Who I want the Pats to draft and who I expect them to draft are two different people.

Want: OT at 14
Expect: Trading down and picking a CB or something

You nailed it. We traded down and picked a CB.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back