PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you think has the edge in term of knowing each other in the NE vs TB match up? Bill or Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has the edge?

• Bill

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Brady

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
I agree. But how many coaches do you think could have gotten seven wins out last year's Patriots team? There is a reason Bill is considered the GOAT coach. With an average coach that is a 2-4 win team and we have a shot at drafting Wilson or Fields.
The Pats were predicted to win 9 games last year.

It does not matter knowledge of the other guy. lol. Brady played under Bill for as long as Bill coached Brady. Brady is a player. Bill cannot do a thing about what happens on the field. He will coach the game, but if the players do not execute, it does not matter. If there is a coach in this league that does not know Brady's strengths and weaknesses by now they should not be coaching. The only difference is they all got to coach against Brady, Bill never did. Knowing someones weakness does not mean you can beat them. Tampa has a better team and that is usually what it comes down to.

That isn't true. If Belichick knows a QB's weaknesses, he can devise game plans to exploit those weaknesses and coach up his players to attack those weaknesses.

Now I didn't say knowing the weaknesses would allow Belichick to beat Brady. But that isn't the question here. The question was who has the edge when it comes to knowledge of the other guy and that is clearly Belichick in my eyes. But that is one of hundreds of factors in the match up.

How will it be that much different? Wont it be a lot of running the ball given Cam's limitations and 2 TE sets like when Gronk and Hernandez were here? It's not like he is going to reinvent the wheel on offense. Plus the Bucs will have three games worth of game film to study for this game. I think it will be pretty even knowledge wise.

What does Belichick's knowledge of Brady have anything to do with the Pats' offense?

Again, the question was who had the advantage when it comes to knowledge of the other guy. I think it is clearly is Belichick. It doesn't mean the Pats will win. It doesn't mean Brady won't throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs. It just means that in the many factors that will play into the game when they meet, Belichick gets the check mark over Brady.

What does Belichick's knowledge of Brady have anything to do with the Pats' offense?

Again, the question was who had the advantage when it comes to knowledge of the other guy. I think it is clearly is Belichick. It doesn't mean the Pats will win. It doesn't mean Brady won't throw for 500 yards and 5 TDs. It just means that in the many factors that will play into the game when they meet, Belichick gets the check mark over Brady.
This seems pretty shortsighted. Brady was inside that building for 20 years. He knows more than any other QB how Bill will approach this game and what he will look to do. Remember Brady practiced against Bill's defenses every day. I see the knowledge of each other as being equal for this game. I think Tampa wins easily because they are the better team and Brady is the GOAT.

Good morning Cleveland moron. How are you today?

Brady got very lucky last season. Yes, he made the plays to win, but only an idiot like the person who is responding to me would discount all the beneficial events that occurred outside the Tampa city limits which played a major role in Bradys 7th. Dont hurt yourself and think about this too much.

Is that picture your girlfriend, sister....or most likely both?

So you've dismissed my entire premice. I guess the discredit Brady and the Bucs goons are back out. Ive watched the game multuple times. Those things happened but obviously its cherry picking to fit a narrative. They got some breaks but Tampa Bay outplayed and were the more physical team the entire game. 9 points. Your list does not explain why Tampa won. I dont claim ignorance I claim knowledge.

You seem to have much knowledge that isn't exactly so.

Considering the hallmark of Belichick teams is playing smart, MISTAKE FREE, situational football, it isn't exactly obvious why you have your Depends in a knot when someone much smarter than you (that's not saying a whole hell of a lot) points out the obvious.

Did you know real Patriots fans actually take great pride in that fact about their team?

Do you seriously think if the Patriots won a Super Bowl in that manner I personally would care? It would actually be refreshing.

If you actually believed the validity of your beliefs; you would actually be laughing at KC. Instead, we are left with the laughing at you and you "pre-mice".

All of those things you said....were in fact KC's fault. lol Nothing was questionable. KC got their ass kicked. They could have played that game for two more hours and Tampa would have still been chasing Mahomes. When a game is that big of a blowout, there is no excuses. KC got beat by a better team that day and it was not even as close as the score was.

Feel better now?

November 15th, 1999:

The Patriots were coming out of the BYE at 6-2. Drew Bledsoe was a budding MVP candidate with a 13/4 TD/INT ratio. We were facing the Ray Lucas led 2-6 Jets at home.

After that game, the Patriots went 2-6 down the stretch with Bledsoe having a 6/17 TD/INT ratio to finish the year with a 19/21 TD/INT ratio.

The Jets rallied to an 8-8 finish after losing Vinny in week 1 and going 2-6.

That team had a pretty good DC....Brady has never faced this DC before, just saying...

Since it's a first time situation, I'll give the edge to the coach.

November 15th, 1999:

The Patriots were coming out of the BYE at 6-2. Drew Bledsoe was a budding MVP candidate with a 13/4 TD/INT ratio. We were facing the Ray Lucas led 2-6 Jets at home.

After that game, the Patriots went 2-6 down the stretch with Bledsoe having a 6/17 TD/INT ratio to finish the year with a 19/21 TD/INT ratio.

The Jets rallied to an 8-8 finish after losing Vinny in week 1 and going 2-6.

That team had a pretty good DC....Brady has never faced this DC before, just saying...

And if anyone is willing to do the research, I'd love to know how NFL QB's performed AFTER playing a BB defense. The NFL is a copycat league...

The only QB that got better the more times he faced BB was Manning....we confused him from 1998-2008....in 2009-2011...he was nearly unstoppable...but then again...we didn't have the personnel to confuse him either...

You seem to have much knowledge that isn't exactly so.

Considering the hallmark of Belichick teams is playing smart, MISTAKE FREE, situational football, it isn't exactly obvious why you have your Depends in a knot when someone much smarter than you (that's not saying a whole hell of a lot) points out the obvious.

Did you know real Patriots fans actually take great pride in that fact about their team?

Do you seriously think if the Patriots won a Super Bowl in that manner I personally would care? It would actually be refreshing.

If you actually believed the validity of your beliefs; you would actually be laughing at KC. Instead, we are left with the laughing at you and you "pre-mice".
Im a Pats fan and a season ticket holder who drives 3 hours just to get to Foxboro. And whats with the straw man Patriots mistake free football argument? Bucs took full advantage of mistakes but they are the better team. So? Laugh at me? Look at you. You have such mature dabating skills with your "depends in a knot, im way smarter than you and pre- mice" comments. Quite skillful. Your agenda is quite clear. You had evey mistake and iffy call excuse logged in your back pocket ready to throw out the second soneone challanged your hot take.

This seems pretty shortsighted. Brady was inside that building for 20 years. He knows more than any other QB how Bill will approach this game and what he will look to do. Remember Brady practiced against Bill's defenses every day. I see the knowledge of each other as being equal for this game. I think Tampa wins easily because they are the better team and Brady is the GOAT.

Not at all. Not saying Brady doesn't know anything about Belichick. But Brady is a player and Belichick is a coach. Brady cannot change his strengths and weaknesses. Belichick can change how he calls a game in one game to throw Brady off. In fact, the hallmark of the Belichick defense is that they adapt to the opponent which it make hard to know his tendencies and weaknesses.

And also Brady only had one year with the current defensive staff calling plays. So he doesn't have much first hand knowledge how Belichick Jr. or whoever is calling plays calls plays.

And again, this thread isn't about who is going to win the game or who is better. It is a narrow question of who gets the advantage in the fact they know each other so well. I say Belichick clearly gets the nod in that category.

Not at all. Not saying Brady doesn't know anything about Belichick. But Brady is a player and Belichick is a coach. Brady cannot change his strengths and weaknesses. Belichick can change how he calls a game in one game to throw Brady off. In fact, the hallmark of the Belichick defense is that they adapt to the opponent which it make hard to know his tendencies and weaknesses.

And also Brady only had one year with the current defensive staff calling plays. So he doesn't have much first hand knowledge how Belichick Jr. or whoever is calling plays calls plays.

And again, this thread isn't about who is going to win the game or who is better. It is a narrow question of who gets the advantage in the fact they know each other so well. I say Belichick clearly gets the nod in that category.

No doubt BB will study the tape of last year's Rams and all three Saints games. Games where the Tampa offense was handled quite easily.

The "30 points" in the Saints playoff game are from 3 TD drives that went like 40 yards total.

Likewise, Tampa's ability to drive on LA was a function of a cascade of laundry.

Where does this defense rank in relation to those two?

Then couple it with the hoodie and the fact he will not leave some scrub CB one on one with Tampa's fastest receiver with 3 seconds left in the half.

Its clearer now than ever before that Pats fans really do believe that Belichick is the only good defensive mind in all of football. That Brady never faced any actually good defensive coaches his entire career because only Belichick is actually good.

************ it’s a cult.

Brady has the advantage by a million.

Will Brady be facing the best defensive mind he’s ever faced in a game? Yep he will. Not by as wide a margin as some like to think but fine. But it’s not even close to the most talented defensive roster he’s gone against. And I know that talent isn’t everything and a dumb coach can waste it. But Brady has faced objectively great defensive coaches who had objectively great defensive rosters and won. Regularly. Not as good a coach as Belichick. But close enough that the talent made up for at least some of it!

Will Brady be facing the best defensive mind he’s ever faced in a game? Yep he will. Not by as wide a margin as some like to think but fine. But it’s not even close to the most talented defensive roster he’s gone against. And I know that talent isn’t everything and a dumb coach can waste it. But Brady has faced objectively great defensive coaches who had objectively great defensive rosters and won. Regularly. Not as good a coach as Belichick. But close enough that the talent made up for at least some of it!

I hope this post makes you feel better because intellectually it's The Factory of Sadness.

Even 203Pat is shaking her head in disbelief.

Usually Brady already has seen the exam questions. But Bill this time has an unusual collection of multiway defensive players. The pressures can come from anywhere - just ask which of the Pats players will most successfully pressure the QB this year - you could legitimately argue for half-a-dozen different players (perhaps KVN gets the overall nod though). Couple that with an excellent secondary and I think Bill will win this matchup - doesn't mean we will win the game of course as who knows how we will do on the offensive side of the ball.

So I'm saying take the under on total points here.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back