PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do you think has the edge in term of knowing each other in the NE vs TB match up? Bill or Brady?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has the edge?

• Bill

Votes: 24 51.1%
  • Brady

Votes: 23 48.9%

• Total voters
I wouldn't put it past Bill to do something petty like load the field with DBs and force Tampa to run the ball down their throats. Pats will still get trucked but Brady wont be the reason.
But seriously, the formula to slow down Brady is to get pressure up the middle and get pressure just rushing three or four. Not sure we have the talent to do that, buit we will see. I think the talent mismatch is too great, not sure any amount of game planning is going to be enough to overcome that. Especially if Cam is starting and he looks anything like the Cam we saw last year.
Well the bad part is, Brady is willing to do that while other QB's wouldnt, Brady wants to win, he does not care how, so if BB did that it would make BB look like an idiot.
Oh and that formula? Yeah that is the formula to all QB's. I always love when people say the key to beating Brady is to pressure up the middle without blitzing and cover everyone....umm duh? That works on most teams.

I think it is an interesting question to discuss.

for me I think it’s Brady because i do think it is pretty well known how to beat Brady and I don’t think Bill kept a secret weakness that only him has.

i think you’ll have to play some man to man and trying to put pressure up the middle. If you try to play zone against Brady, it is more probable than not that you will be shredded. I don’t think there are many things that Bill can do that Tom hasn’t seen.

An advantage that Brady has is that he played against most of these guys every day in training so he probably know ways to for example beat Gilmore in one on one, how to exploit Van Noy and Hightower.
Well Bill is a coach, so its hard to really compare, but if you ask me who has a better chance of winning its probably Tampa because they are a superbowl team.

The way the question is phrased is about knowledge but most people will answer who they think which team will win (Bucs have superior talent).

Knowledge of what? brady is a QB, Bill is a coach. If we are going to compare them, Bill will have to get out there and throw, because I promise Brady will do more coaching than Bill will be throwing.

Hi. Goon here. Your post works to a degree but Tampa Bay kicked the crap out of the Chiefs. The playoffs defined them last year as they got better and more intense with every game. They played their best game in the Superbowl. That team was running on all cylinders and in my opinion they would have beat the Chiefs if they were at full strength.....not by as much probably.
KC self destructed. Watch the game and pay close attention to:

Offsides on FG
Shanked punts
BAD interference calls
VERY QUESTIONABLE interference call right before halftime
Drooped balls
Zero Oline play (not really KC's fault)

It's on tape so claiming ignorance holds zero water.

Offsides on FG
Shanked punts
BAD interference calls
Drooped balls

All of those things you said....were in fact KC's fault. lol Nothing was questionable. KC got their ass kicked. They could have played that game for two more hours and Tampa would have still been chasing Mahomes. When a game is that big of a blowout, there is no excuses. KC got beat by a better team that day and it was not even as close as the score was.

Offsides on FG
Shanked punts
BAD interference calls
Drooped balls

So you've dismissed my entire premice. I guess the discredit Brady and the Bucs goons are back out. Ive watched the game multuple times. Those things happened but obviously its cherry picking to fit a narrative. They got some breaks but Tampa Bay outplayed and were the more physical team the entire game. 9 points. Your list does not explain why Tampa won. I dont claim ignorance I claim knowledge.

All of those things you said....were in fact KC's fault. lol Nothing was questionable. KC got their ass kicked. They could have played that game for two more hours and Tampa would have still been chasing Mahomes. When a game is that big of a blowout, there is no excuses. KC got beat by a better team that day and it was not even as close as the score was.
You said it better than i did

Don’t forget that Tampa was 1st and goal and got no points. And the fat offensive lineman dropped a TD. They should have beaten the Chiefs by another TD.

They also called off the dogs in the 3rd.

Also Mahomes has a track record in Super Bowls now and he kind of sucks. 2 TDs, 4 picks, a QB rating below Trent Dilfer. And the 49ers CHOKED that game away.

Well the bad part is, Brady is willing to do that while other QB's wouldnt, Brady wants to win, he does not care how, so if BB did that it would make BB look like an idiot.
Oh and that formula? Yeah that is the formula to all QB's. I always love when people say the key to beating Brady is to pressure up the middle without blitzing and cover everyone....umm duh? That works on most teams.
You are right, to a point. It's less effective in today's game against the slew of mobile QBs. Brady is great in the the pocket but it's still a totally different dynamic trying to defend Patrick Mahomes, for example, that way.

In terms of knowing each other, Belichick clearly has the edge. He coached Brady for 20 years. He knows everything there is to know about Brady. He knows all his strengths and weaknesses and all his tendencies.

Brady is at a disadvantage in this area because the 2021 Patriots is a different team than the ones he was on. That means past tendencies by Belichick may not be the same with this team. And Belichick is coaching and not playing.

Brady has the edge in a lot of areas, but knowledge of the other guy advantage goes to Belichick.

In terms of knowing each other, Belichick clearly has the edge. He coached Brady for 20 years. He knows everything there is to know about Brady. He knows all his strengths and weaknesses and all his tendencies.

Brady is at a disadvantage in this area because the 2021 Patriots is a different team than the ones he was on. That means past tendencies by Belichick may not be the same with this team. And Belichick is coaching and not playing.

Brady has the edge in a lot of areas, but knowledge of the other guy advantage goes to Belichick.
It does not matter knowledge of the other guy. lol. Brady played under Bill for as long as Bill coached Brady. Brady is a player. Bill cannot do a thing about what happens on the field. He will coach the game, but if the players do not execute, it does not matter. If there is a coach in this league that does not know Brady's strengths and weaknesses by now they should not be coaching. The only difference is they all got to coach against Brady, Bill never did. Knowing someones weakness does not mean you can beat them. Tampa has a better team and that is usually what it comes down to.

Also Mahomes has a track record in Super Bowls now and he kind of sucks. 2 TDs, 4 picks, a QB rating below Trent Dilfer. And the 49ers CHOKED that game away.
He led them back from down 10 points in the 4th quarter and played a decent game overall. I would say his results are mixed. I agree that the Niners, Jimmy G specifically, gagged in that game. So did the Falcons against us. Doesn't make our comeback any less valid. I don't think Jimmy is an above average QB. That's one of the reasons I didn't want him here, even at 17 million. Not saying the Bucs didn't pound KC in the Superbowl, but Mahomes also missed some key reads early in that game that might have changed the game completely. There were several plays where they had him on the run and instead of taking easy checkdowns he tried to sling the ball downfield. That's his next progression as a QB. Being better at reading defenses post snap and just taking what is given to him. That's the scary thing: I think given his age, he still has a chance to substantially improve. Can he stay on the field as a running QB is my question. They take a lot of hits. His injury vs Cleveland should have knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs. But Cleveland is going to choke. It's just what they do.

How will it be that much different? Wont it be a lot of running the ball given Cam's limitations and 2 TE sets like when Gronk and Hernandez were here? It's not like he is going to reinvent the wheel on offense. Plus the Bucs will have three games worth of game film to study for this game. I think it will be pretty even knowledge wise.

How will it be that much different? Wont it be a lot of running the ball given Cam's limitations and 2 TE sets like when Gronk and Hernandez were here? It's not like he is going to reinvent the wheel on offense. Plus the Bucs will have three games worth of game film to study for this game. I think it will be pretty even knowledge wise.
I mean if it were just about knowledge the pats would not have went 7-9 last year. Players play, coaches coach, but players can affect things a bit easier than coaches, because coaches have to rely on players executing. Which is why teams with the best players usually win.

Also, just a reminder: Bill lost a Superbowl, with the GOAT QB, to Doug Peterson and Nick Foles. It's not like he's some sort of god. The team with more talent generally wins. And the Bucs are a much better team. That being said, they lost to some really bad teams last year. Who knows what happens in this game. Like another poster mentioned- Bill can come up with a perfect game plan, it still comes down to execution for both sides.

I mean if it were just about knowledge the pats would not have went 7-9 last year. Players play, coaches coach, but players can affect things a bit easier than coaches, because coaches have to rely on players executing. Which is why teams with the best players usually win.
I agree. But how many coaches do you think could have gotten seven wins out last year's Patriots team? There is a reason Bill is considered the GOAT coach. With an average coach that is a 2-4 win team and we have a shot at drafting Wilson or Fields.

I agree. But how many coaches do you think could have gotten seven wins out last year's Patriots team? There is a reason Bill is considered the GOAT coach. With an average coach that is a 2-4 win team and we have a shot at drafting Wilson or Fields.
I mean he probably got 1 or 2 more than he should, but this was a 12-4 team the year before that, so it was not like it was Jets rolling out there. The D was 7th in points given up and they were number one in special teams and had one of the best running games in the league. We have had years with a huge player drop off and won 10, winning 7 was not that great of an accomplishment.

I think it is an interesting question to discuss.

for me I think it’s Brady because i do think it is pretty well known how to beat Brady and I don’t think Bill kept a secret weakness that only him has.

i think you’ll have to play some man to man and trying to put pressure up the middle. If you try to play zone against Brady, it is more probable than not that you will be shredded. I don’t think there are many things that Bill can do that Tom hasn’t seen.

An advantage that Brady has is that he played against most of these guys every day in training so he probably know ways to for example beat Gilmore in one on one, how to exploit Van Noy and Hightower.

Great question. I have no idea. But it'll be fun to watch.

My guess is that Brady is going home with a loss. BB will find a way to beat him which will make their story all the more fascinating.

I'll say what I always say. Every time there is an usual element in a game, the underdog alwsys benefits unless there is an airtight reason why it should favor one team over another.

The Pats are the underdog in this game so the nod goes to familiarity between Brady and Bill favoring them. It muddies the water and adds an uncertain element to game the Bucs should otherwise win.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back