PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who are your favorite players of the early part of the Dynasty ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For what it's worth, I did a poll on this a couple of years ago on this site. Of players not named Tom Brady, Tedy Bruschi was the runaway winner, followed by Troy Brown. I was surprised that Bruschi won in such a blowout fashion, but I can't really argue with the choice. I was always a big fan of Rodney Harrison myself.

Too many guys. How does Vinatieri not get listed here? And Ty Law made huge plays for us. The dynasty may not start at all without that pick-6 against Warner. It really should be like a top 20...too many guys that it's an insult to leave so many off the list.
Yeah, too many guys. I just loved those teams, period.

Troy Brown is the epitome of hustle and grinding. Many people forget he was a 8th round pick(?) and was cut from the Pats at one time and worked his way up from the practice squad. Excited to tell my daughter about him when she's older. Great role model and shows what hard work can do.

Bruschi, for one. When he was drafted, I thought that at least we beer swilling Pats fans could enjoy someone with a name like that. Of course he turned out to be a hell of a player, fantastic really.

In 2002 when the champs came to Detroit, I had seats on the 25, and bruschi picked one off right in front of me and ran it in. Heady times, may they continue for years.

Troy Brown is the epitome of hustle and grinding. Many people forget he was a 8th round pick(?) and was cut from the Pats at one time and worked his way up from the practice squad. Excited to tell my daughter about him when she's older. Great role model and shows what hard work can do.

He was pick #198 in the draft. One pick later would have been ironic.

OK. I've got to do a little lobbying for the man Troy Brown. :D

Here's my ode to TB thread from a year ago. Troy Brown: Brady's Original Go to Guy

And if you don't want to read that I insist that you watch this TB youtube highlight video.

Watch his absolutely insane PR against Philly.

Troy Brown, David Patten, Mike Vrabel, Tedy Bruschi, Ty Law, Corey Dillon. I loved a lot of the guys in the early 2000s, great team

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes