PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who’s spreading the Mac is a bad teammate info?

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Just some thoughts this morning.
Everyone who has played with Mac Jones instantly loves him and says they are ready to battle with him.
Current and ex Alabama team mates.
Current Patriot players, even guys he had issues with Brian Burns says he’s a great guy.
Looking at 2022 in a lense Bill having Patricia and Judge develop this guy in his critical stage of his career was a huge miscalculation. Not getting him an elite number 1 wr is a Belichick or Kraft issue.
Mac being frustrated at the play designs and calls seems to be understood and resonate with anyone who remotely understands offensive football.
It’s natural for him to be frustrated when he goes from Alabama to New England and feels he’s being coached by belichick and Mcdaniels.
Then Mcdaniels gets promoted half the offensive staff leaves and Bill says eh Matt can do it and learn on the job.

Mac is not an elite arm talent is not elite athletically, may never develop the football IQ everyone says he has.
However I have to think this Mac being a bad teammate is media driven.
If it is coming from the locker room I would think Caley, Patricia?

Thoughts?

I haven’t seen any stories yet of him being a bad teammate. Is this something new that’s come out, or had I missed it previously? It would be an interesting development, and I don’t see who it would benefit to leak that out. Only reason I could see someone doing that is if they had an axe to grind. After the dust up with the coaches last year, I have a really hard time thinking that if he was a ****ty teammate on top of all that, Belichick would still have him around.

I do believe there is a dedicated effort of some writers to spread disinformation with the intention to sow discord within the Patriots organization regarding Mac Jones, trying to imply that there is or should be a QB controversy... Why? Drama creates clicks... Maybe that's a bit tin foil-ish on my part, but eh, its how i see it...

Add to that the Patriots have done very little to put out these brush fires, as the stoic BB never actually addresses these things... I was a was actually a little bit shocked by how ham-fisted some of their responses were this year... especially the debacle vs Chicago... there was zero reason to lose to that crapfest of a team...

I am not sold on Mac as a long term starter for this team, but right now we don't have anyone who's better... But he's getting a raw deal, based on some of the articles i have read... seems like there's a new one every other day

I'd guess it's the clown in my avatar. The same guy that joined the Giants, dissed Brady and said anyone could have won with the Patriots. Wouldn't doubt at all it's him.

Last edited:
Was there an anonymous report he's a bad teammate?

I wish Mac had the guts to change the mickey mouse plays at the line pre-snap its said he's a student of the game. IF I am not happy with something that looks like a train wreck ie...MP's Offense I am moving away from it. Mac should have huddled the Offense and call plays he's comfortable with: it doesn't take brains to throw a pass behind the LOS.

Last edited:
I wish Mac had the guts to change the mickey mouse plays at the line pre-snap its said he's a student of the game. IF I am not happy with something that looks like a train wreck IE..MP's Offense I am moving away from it. Mac should have huddled the Offense and call plays he's comfortable with: it doesn't 'take brains to throw a pass behind to LOS.
If he did that....and it's already rumored he and BB have some hashing out to do, that would have been very, very bad.

Bernie Kosar pulled that in CLE and BB benched and eventually released him as he was undermining the coaching staff.

If he did that....and it's already rumored he and BB have some hashing out to do, that would have been very, very bad.

Bernie Kosar pulled that in CLE and BB benched and eventually released him as he was undermining the coaching staff.
Well Mac would have every reason in the book to undermine 2022 Patriots' coaching staff. That young BB wasn't good in Cleveland though he had a playoff win against us.

When was it reported that he was a bad teammate or that players didn't like him beyond the massive speculation about Trent Brown liking a post?

The story that came out last week that Jones couldn't handle being yelled at clearly came from Joe Judge. I believe that more because the source of the story was clearly a coach and a coach who wasn't on the coaching staff in 2021. And I think Judge's issues with Jones are more on Judge's personality than Jones'. But that is the worst thing I have heard about Jones.

More concerned why coaches don't have faith he can reach the endzone on a Hail Mary toss

When was it reported that he was a bad teammate or that players didn't like him beyond the massive speculation about Trent Brown liking a post?

The story that came out last week that Jones couldn't handle being yelled at clearly came from Joe Judge. I believe that more because the source of the story was clearly a coach and a coach who wasn't on the coaching staff in 2021. And I think Judge's issues with Jones are more on Judge's personality than Jones'. But that is the worst thing I have heard about Jones.
why in hell is judge still on the team? if I am BB he is already gone, if I am Kraft BB either gets this MF out or both can go

why in hell is judge still on the team? if I am BB he is already gone, if I am Kraft BB either gets this MF out or both can go
See who's signing Judge's paycheck this year. That'll give you your answer. (Hint: It's not the Patriots).

I am…….

0DDB895F-464C-4CD1-8926-A1EEFAF45702.gif

Well Mac would have every reason in the book to undermine 2022 Patriots' coaching staff. That young BB wasn't good in Cleveland though he had a playoff win against us.
No, nobody has a reason to undermine a coaching staff, much less a belichick coaching staff.
This crap is getting so blown out of proportion it’s not even funny.
Athletes don’t look to blame coaches when they fail, they look to improve and execute better.
95% of the issues with the patriot offense was the OL. If the OL executed the plays that were called would have worked. Play calling doesn’t kill an offense, but really good play calling call elevate it at times.

Just some thoughts this morning.
Everyone who has played with Mac Jones instantly loves him and says they are ready to battle with him.
Current and ex Alabama team mates.
Current Patriot players, even guys he had issues with Brian Burns says he’s a great guy.
Looking at 2022 in a lense Bill having Patricia and Judge develop this guy in his critical stage of his career was a huge miscalculation. Not getting him an elite number 1 wr is a Belichick or Kraft issue.
Mac being frustrated at the play designs and calls seems to be understood and resonate with anyone who remotely understands offensive football.
It’s natural for him to be frustrated when he goes from Alabama to New England and feels he’s being coached by belichick and Mcdaniels.
Then Mcdaniels gets promoted half the offensive staff leaves and Bill says eh Matt can do it and learn on the job.

Mac is not an elite arm talent is not elite athletically, may never develop the football IQ everyone says he has.
However I have to think this Mac being a bad teammate is media driven.
If it is coming from the locker room I would think Caley, Patricia?

Thoughts?
What are you talking about? Where was it ever said he was a bad teammate?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back