Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would be the best fit for the patriots?

• Mac Jones

Votes: 31 52.5%
  • Kyle Trask

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Zach Wilson

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Trey Lance

Votes: 4 6.8%

• Total voters
Is that realistic compensation for #6? I’d do that in a heartbeat for Wilson... Sign Robinson in FA and you’re in a good spot
Considering the whole world thinks Philly just tanked to go up 3 spots, I doubt it

Jones is incredibly accurate. That and decision-making are the 2 biggest needs in a great NFL QB. Also apparently smart - graduated Bama in 2.5 years and has a masters. Finally was told would never make it at Bama and stuck it out. Seems calm and does not get rattled (although playing for Bama probably helps with that). I want a QB that can throw the ball and not do dumb sh*t.

Jones is incredibly accurate. That and decision-making are the 2 biggest needs in a great NFL QB. Also apparently smart - graduated Bama in 2.5 years and has a masters. Finally was told would never make it at Bama and stuck it out. Seems calm and does not get rattled (although playing for Bama probably helps with that). I want a QB that can throw the ball and not do dumb sh*t.
I said it in another thread but I wonder if it would be possible to draft WR Waddle with the #15 and then trade up into the lower part of the 1st (if necessary) to draft Mac Jones too.

I would be shocked if they draft a qb. More like trade back and get more picks. Lots of holes and they probably won't like any of the qbs available at that spot.

I would be shocked if they draft a qb. More like trade back and get more picks. Lots of holes and they probably won't like any of the qbs available at that spot.
I tend to agree. I think they need 2 really special players in the front seven. But if Jones is available, they really should consider him. I think he may be the best NFL Bama QB since Stabler.

I said it in another thread but I wonder if it would be possible to draft WR Waddle with the #15 and then trade up into the lower part of the 1st (if necessary) to draft Mac Jones too.
Pats mock drafts

USAToday: Jones
CBS : Waddle. Jones not picked in round 1.
SB Nation: Jones
Bleacher Report: Trey Lance. Jones went to Denver at 9.
Walter Football: Zac Wilson
NBC: Jones
PFF: Jones

I can keep going I guess, none of these mocks mean chit in my book, but it's fun to look.

I would welcome that. I hate saying this but we should be rooting for pittsburgh to advance this week. I think they could be in the market for a qb and the later they pick the better chance it is we could jump them to get back into r1.

Pats mock drafts

I can keep going I guess, none of these mocks mean chit in my book, but it's fun to look.
Means we won’t be drafting Jones. :rofl:

I would welcome that. I hate saying this but we should be rooting for pittsburgh to advance this week. I think they could be in the market for a qb and the later they pick the better chance it is we could jump them to get back into r1.
you mean trade down?

Means we'll be drafting Cortralleius Jones, safety from Brockton High School (whose head coach BB had dinner with when he was 20)
who went to bemiji state then and we have good experience with guys from there

Well these people get paid to write and talk about the draft ...

Matt Miller had Trubisky QB1, 14th overall. Miller had him like QB5 or 6. He had Brad Kaaya in front of him. Daniel Jeremiah didn't have him in the top 50, had Kizer, Trubisky & Watson. Mayock had him QB3. McShay had him QB3. Kiper had him QB2 with Trubisky QB1. Zierlein had Trubisky QB1.

I try not to focus on one player and look at the whole big board but people had him all over the place.
Let's say it is fairy tale land and Jones, Trask, Wilson, and Lance are all there at 15. Which is your guy?

Pats mock drafts

I guess the draftniks are thinking along the same lines as me to a degree... then again, if everyone is linking them to Jones then that probably means Bill doesn't even have the guy on his board.

None of them.

These QBs are WAY overrated. After Lawrence, Fields is a mid first rounder, Wilson is a mid to late first round.
Jones and Trask are second rounders, and Lance is a third rounder.

Teams are going to be severely disappointed in the next year or two.

Can’t wait for Bill to take a an OL and use his 2nd and 3rd round picks on no-name players. This place is going to melt down.

In Bill I trust ! He will rebuild this team! I think many of our holes can be filled in FA where we have some money to play with. If we sign a #1 WR, TE, and a few players on front 7, plus the return of a few opt-outs (Chung, Hightower) we are solid in a lot of areas.

Anyways, back to QB talk. For me I’d like to see us develop Trask or Jones. Cam as a back-up/Hill type player. I am not enamored with anyone after Lawrence....although I’m not as convinced he is going to be a superstar as everyone else is. I don’t think Fields or Wilson will be there for us unless we trade up.

I actually think it’s more likely we end up with a Jimmy G/Stafford type and take someone in early 2nd round

I guess the draftniks are thinking along the same lines as me to a degree... then again, if everyone is linking them to Jones then that probably means Bill doesn't even have the guy on his board.
I guess in this case, I would have to trust the relationship between him and Saban. I wouldn't mind drafting this kid.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back