PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where was this Patriots team all year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effectively defended the hook & lateral

They look like the best team in the NFL. They look like the 2007 Pats

I know where they are, they were hiding because the other teams were playing man coverage.

So when the Chargers were stupid enough to invite them to the Zone coverage brunch today...they showed up.

I know where they are, they were hiding because the other teams were playing man coverage.

So when the Chargers were stupid enough to invite them to the Zone coverage brunch today...they showed up.
So what you are saying is that the 4th in the league in scoring can't score against man coverage?

Coasting regular season like LeBron does in the NBA (Miami Miracle not included)

Someone clearly learned the words zone coverage today from those talking points in the media. Ignoring the instances of man coverage they played and got burned as well.

Third best secondary in terms of PFF grades this season btw. But go on implying they are zone one tricks and nobody figured that out until the postseason.

so...I'm not the only one on this board who isn't holding back when I say I want to smash him right in the snotbox and watch him turtle like the little girl trapped in a man's body that he is?

thank you for voicing what many grown men think of this weasely little NY dirtbag...

Gronk had an amazing game. He was key in the run game.

He also helped Trent Brown out in pass-protection a few times ... once again demonstrating the superior value of a TE who can block well and catch a little over a TE who can only catch.

He also helped Trent Brown out in pass-protection a few times ... once again demonstrating the superior value of a TE who can block well and catch a little over a TE who can only catch.

Sucks for Gronk that his incentives didn't also involve some kind of blocking metrics. But I guess the playtime ones are the proxy for that aspect.

It's the methodology of pretty much all "news" media anymore.

True that, appeal to the low hanging fruit.. but I don't listen to all that much news.

Where have they been?

On offense, they've been dealing with significant personnel issues from the get go - only three WRs available for the first three games, subsequent injury issues ... especially Gronk, Michel, Burkhead, not to mention losing Hill after a handful of snaps.

On defense, the emergence of JC Jackson since the BYE has helped immensely, but they were quietly getting better, incrementally, even before that, especially with regard to communicating with each other.

Basically, everybody got healthy and everything else has finally come together. It just took a little longer than usual this season.

On defense, the emergence of JC Jackson since the BYE has helped immensely, but they were quietly getting better, incrementally, even before that, especially with regard to communicating with each other.

Does anyone honestly think they'd be able to pull off that much Amoeba / Cover 0 stuff early in the season ? The fact that the staff is comfortable coming back to this again and again speaks volumes about the level of trust they have with the personnel this season compared to last year.

I suppose it needs to be said every year that team building is a process and the unit you see in January is in a different phase of that than the ones we see early in the season.

Last edited:
They've been playing great at home all year. But they haven't been good whatsoever on the road. I don't get it either. It's not as if Jacksonville, Detroit, Tennessee, & Miami are known for having a great hfa. But they can get it all right next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News