PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does J.C Jackson rank and what is he worth?

Appears ppl are trying him more than the others but he’s still holding up. $12m avg per year, 3 years? And draft cb this draft and next?
3/$36M isn't going to get anything done. Not when 2 years of the Franchise tag is $40.8M. He's 26 going on 27.. This is his payday chance. He's going to need something comparable with what the current top 5 are getting. That's why Miguel said 4/$72 and I've modified my stance from $4/64 to somewhere between 4/72 and 5/92.

3/$36M isn't going to get anything done. Not when 2 years of the Franchise tag is $40.8M. He's 26 going on 27.. This is his payday chance. He's going to need something comparable with what the current top 5 are getting. That's why Miguel said 4/$72 and I've modified my stance from $4/64 to somewhere between 4/72 and 5/92.

4/72 asap or lose this chance

I wonder if the Pats can sign him now. He is playing on a FA tender, so I'm not sure if that is like the franchise tag and can't be extended. But if they can, the Pats have 4.7 mil left in cap space, maybe give him a boost of pay for this year and lock him up for a while.
RFA tenders do not prevent renegotiations, in part because they are not guaranteed at all. [For example, they gave an RFA tender to Michael Hoomanawanui and then got him to take a significant pay cut.]

JC Jackson vs. other pats CB1s:

51% comp
635 yards
3 TDs
8 INTs
47.8 rating

2019 Gilmore

49.5% comp
628 yards
1 TD
6 INTs
48.0 rating

2016 Butler

817 yards
56.2% comp
4 TDs
4 INTs
78.2 rating

2014 Revis

582 yards
51.8% comp
4 TDs
3 INTs
74.7 rating

2013 Talib

666 yards
54.7% comp
3 TDs
4 INTs
75.8 rating

A lot of questions if JC could be a CB1. He proved it this season & should be an all-pro. Hopefully he has another big play coming vs. the bills.

He has been great this season and it’s hard to find a #1 CB. Lock him up!

I would like to keep JC long term but not for top money, he is great corner with hawk skill but not elite lock in corner. He is never near Gilmore, Revis or Talib. Let say he’s worth 4/60-65m. Of course, because of market and because is hard to find great corners he will get elite money somewhere.
I think next year he will be on tag and BB will draft replacement corner in first or second (omg, hopefully no)

but not elite lock in corner.

name me a lockdown CB, Jalen Ramsey & Xavien Howard?

Ramsey (16 games)
targeted 92 times
58.7% allowed
504 yards allowed
TD allowed: 2
63.0 QB rating allowed

Howard (16 games)
targeted 87 times
52.9% allowed
565 yards allowed
TD allowed: 6
72.2 QB rating allowed

If people are gonna say those 2 are elite lockdown. JC Jackson is. You aren't gonna get Revis '08-'11 type play in 2021 in the nfl just not gonna happen.

Marlon Humphrey and Marshon Lattimore are getting $19.5m. Jackson will get that if he hits the market.

BTW here is Humphrey and Lattimore

Lattimore (16 games)
targeted 101 times
57.4% allowed
806 yards allowed
TDs allowed: 8
93.9 QB rating allowed

Humphrey (12 games)
targeted 84 times
53.6% allowed
665 yards allowed
TDs allowed: 6
98.6 QB rating allowed

*Jackson played all 17 games.

and it's not like this was one year of Jackson doing it, he's been consistent since he got his chance in 2018

What happened on that first TD yesterday? Not covering a teams top receiver in the end zone seems un-lockdown-ish.

Gilmore, Humphrey, Lattimore, Ramsey, Alexander, Howard, Peters… I’ll like them all on my team before JC.
Again, I want to keep JC long term, he is not JAG, but he’s not worth 20m/year

I think next year he will be on tag and BB will draft replacement corner in first or second (omg, hopefully no)
I suppose that this is a likely option. But, poster need to realize that we are not likely getting a replacement.

I actually think that it is more likely that Belichick will sign a top corner (maybe Jackson, maybe someone else). And, yes, the market is likely to be at least 4/$80M.

From what I read, the franchise tag is going to be 17,2XX,000 for 2022. I am guessing that's his number.

What happened on that first TD yesterday? Not covering a teams top receiver in the end zone seems un-lockdown-ish.
He was in zone. Tua froze him with the PA and JC got caught looking in the backfield and

Waddle was in a jet motion and before JC could pick him up it was too late.

d5d5d4fa113a9c6c32c25f9dcc9d376f.jpg

He was on Parker

His numbers are better then his game. He played agains few great WR this year and didn’t deliver, his INT numbers are against Jets, Carolina, Jags, Atlanta and Tits without anyone. And he is bellow average tackler, I can’t pass tackling on 4for1 on Allen in 3rd down on Diggs in late 4th quarter when we needed most

Pay.The.Man.

His numbers are better then his game. He played agains few great WR this year and didn’t deliver, his INT numbers are against Jets, Carolina, Jags, Atlanta and Tits without anyone. And he is bellow average tackler, I can’t pass tackling on 4for1 on Allen in 3rd down on Diggs in late 4th quarter when we needed most

good thing your opinion means jack ****

off to ignore you go

good thing your opinion means jack ****

off to ignore you go
Very well explained, you killed me with arguments. You really contributed to the debate

He is a solid numbet 1cb. Great in zone, can't cover top receivers man to man. He is an awesome number 2.

I'd watch him walk and get over paid. Patriots do have a cb problem next year.

He is a solid numbet 1cb. Great in zone, can't cover top receivers man to man. He is an awesome number 2.

I'd watch him walk and get over paid. Patriots do have a cb problem next year.
So much wrong in this post.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back