PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Will The Patriots Draft A QB First?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

When Will The Patriots First Draft A Quarterback

• Pick 1-10

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • 11-20

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 21-32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later than 32

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
When Will The Patriots First Draft a QB?

I decided not to nitpick among 4-10.

I think they’ll either trade up to pick in the top ten for one or trade out for a first next year to a team that’s hopefully picking high.

1-10 or later than 32 are my guesses.

I think Bill will try to trade up, he will have to compromise his trade value criteria in order to succeed. I'm not sure he'll do that, though. We'll see.

I like mills in the second.

Is there really a QB in this class that has super star potential?

lawrence is a monster! Best qb to enter the draft since Peyton.

hopefully urban does not wreck him.
I should've clarified. Other than him. It seems like everyone else after Lawrence has major question marks.

I should've clarified. Other than him. It seems like everyone else after Lawrence has major question marks.

the trick is to get the right qb in the right system and then the magic happens. Put a qb in the wrong system and not much goes right. When Manning went to Denver, he could not run their system, so Denver started running Indy’s system. It resulted in a Super Bowl.

Wilson to the Jets or San Fran makes a lot of sense, they will both probably be running a wide zone scheme next year.

fields scares me to death. The more you look at his tape, especially against northwestern and Indiana, the more you see a one read qb similar to Dwayne Haskins. I pray Atlanta, Carolina or Washington drafts him before bb can do something stupid like write his name on a draft card.

lance has never played a quality opponent and never thrown to a receiver that was not wide open. What team runs a system like that?

Is there really a QB in this class that has super star potential?
no one knows

I suppose that we could pick 3rd and 4th rounders for the next few years.

Keep in mind our Q1616356597341.png
the trick is to get the right qb in the right system and then the magic happens. Put a qb in the wrong system and not much goes right. When Manning went to Denver, he could not run their system, so Denver started running Indy’s system. It resulted in a Super Bowl.

Wilson to the Jets or San Fran makes a lot of sense, they will both probably be running a wide zone scheme next year.

fields scares me to death. The more you look at his tape, especially against northwestern and Indiana, the more you see a one read qb similar to Dwayne Haskins. I pray Atlanta, Carolina or Washington drafts him before bb can do something stupid like write his name on a draft card.

lance has never played a quality opponent and never thrown to a receiver that was not wide open. What team runs a system like that?
Thoughts on Mond and Mills?

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back