When greatness becomes routine

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Analysis | When greatness becomes routine: The powerful Patriots show no signs of slowing down

The New England Patriots won their division for the 15th time in the past 17 seasons. They’re one victory from securing the top seed in the AFC playoffs, and that home-field advantage in the postseason would mean they likely are headed to their eighth Super Bowl with Tom Brady at quarterback and Bill Belichick coaching. They could secure Super Bowl triumph No. 6, and Brady likely will add the league MVP award to this season’s haul at age 40.

Ho-hum. Wake us up when it’s over. It all feels so routine at this point. Does anyone even notice anymore?
Love them if you want.

Hate them if you must.

But, whatever you do, appreciate them while they’re still around.
Don’t take their ruthless, unwavering excellence for granted. Notice it and savor it, always.

The first article I have read in a year, beginning to end...

...from the Washington Post. :)

No surprise. Seeing on NFLN ex-players like Reggie Wayne, Shaun O'Hara or DeMarcus Ware predicting our demise this season, we shall see!

The first article I have read in a year, beginning to end...

...from the Washington Post. :)
As some who has lived in the Washington area for forty plus years and read the Post for most of that time, I can say that I'm surprised that the article didn't take the Pats to task for not having a female executive.

For so many years we had a cluster f..ck losing tradition which was contagious as well.. there was always a new and creative way to f..ck up.

Now that we have a winning tradition I anticipate that this team will always possess a "winning culture", even after BB and TB leave there will be the right folks in place to always field a very competitive team, not sure I anticipate as many SB's. Have to believe that BB will hang on here as some type of executive consultant to advise whoever takes the reins and TB will also act in some advisory role with this franchise..

Mr. Kraft knows who drove this team to become one of the wealthiest franchises in the world..

“The Pats traded Garoppolo 3 months too early”

I didn’t know you could trade free agents. :)

what BB has done here is unparalleled in modern sports

the man is a legend.....and the dynasty lives on

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes