PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When Brady Retires, are you done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supporting leeds utd I'm afraid being screwed over by the governing body and let down by terrible ownership is a way of life at this point. None of it will ever stop me going to the games. Same situation here, you don't have to love the nfl hierarchy to carry on loving the patriots. If you really feel that strongly, why not stop watching now?

When Brady and Belichick are gone, I'm absolutely gone too. At this point, the only question is if it'll take that long. Right now, I'm thinking I'm done now. I dunno where I'll land once I've cooled down, though.

Supporting leeds utd I'm afraid being screwed over by the governing body and let down by terrible ownership is a way of life at this point. None of it will ever stop me going to the games. Same situation here, you don't have to love the nfl hierarchy to carry on loving the patriots. If you really feel that strongly, why not stop watching now?

that's just a masquerade for the typical fair weather fan.......i'll bet some of them are convinced the Pats will suck once Brady is gone.

that's fine........storms need to shake out the dead wood from time to time

When Brady and Belichick are gone, I'm absolutely gone too. At this point, the only question is if it'll take that long. Right now, I'm thinking I'm done now. I dunno where I'll land once I've cooled down, though.

Show your backbone.......quit now!

otherwise you'll just have to live with hating yourself

It is entertainment........you are kidding yourself if you think its competition for you........I have competed at a pretty high level in individual sports....I know what competition is......watching NFL football is not competition unless I'm betting and even then it's not really

We agree on something.

But--you're saying it was always this way?

Always a farce?

maybe this is all because I haven't signed up to contribute to this website......maybe I should....I just need to get my PayPal account unlocked

I'm not a super fan......I've just always been a fan....I've never not been a fan

Fair weather is just an adjective that describes a sometimes fan and the majority of the time it has to do with satisfaction or a lack of

it more likely that you're just full of **** and will continue to watch.....you're just angry now

Sorry for calling you out like this, but this is a fairly brainless response.

My #1 sport growing up was baseball. I played it all day long. Competitively for many years.

I went to school in Boston. When there were home games, I used to go in for free in the 7th inning stretch (you could just walk in at that point).

I lived, breathed, died baseball.

I gave it up for reasons I don't need to go into here.

But the idea that you can't give up something you formerly loved? It's unfounded.

People even get, you know, divorced from wives and husband's for heaven's sake.

Jeez.

We agree on something.

But--you're saying it was always this way?

Always a farce?

well....there's always been crap in pro sports since the beginning of pro sports.....modern technology and media and money have made it appear much more prevalent......

do you think the fact that the dolphins did not play a late season game in foxboro for 15-20 years was a random thing? there's been shaky **** going on in the background all the time

fact is that the games themselves go down pretty much as they always have........this back ground noise is whats gotten so annoyingly loud

This thread is awesome........the pouting is incredible

facefear.gif

I'm not a super fan......I've just always been a fan....I've never not been a fan

Fair weather is just an adjective that describes a sometimes fan and the majority of the time it has to do with satisfaction or a lack of

it more likely that you're just full of **** and will continue to watch.....you're just angry now
maybe i reserve the right to change my mind at anytime. but if you told me 10 years ago i would dump espn and the nfl network i would say you are nuts. the nfl is a complete and utter joke. there aren't words to describe it. its so f-cking bad. surely you see this. and if you do see it. i don't understand you accusing people of being fair weather fans. its complete bulls!t. its not a typical situation.

I'd like to, I'd like to quit with the NFL and just follow the NBA full time instead.

I've already lost a lot of interest in the NFL this offseason alone. I'll always be a Pats fan though and one player or coach retiring/leaving won't change that, despite the NFL's attempts to tear the team down year in and year out

I'd like to, I'd like to quit with the NFL and just follow the NBA full time instead.

I want to love the NBA, but I just find it way too weird that we got proof that a ref was fixing games and just kind of swept it under the rug and pretended it didn't happen. Prior to that, everyone shouted down Kings fans with some variation of "look, if there was compelling reason to believe the games are fixed, any reasonable person would bail, but we don't have that." Then we got exactly that... and people just let it slide.

That whole fiasco permanently damaged my perception of the league, and while it's light years ahead of the NFL I still don't see any scenario where I can get fully on board there either. I don't believe that everything's on the up-and-up with either the NFL or NBA, but at least with the NBA we aren't the ones in the crosshairs 100% of the time.

Sorry for calling you out like this, but this is a fairly brainless response.

My #1 sport growing up was baseball. I played it all day long. Competitively for many years.

I went to school in Boston. When there were home games, I used to go in for free in the 7th inning stretch (you could just walk in at that point).

I lived, breathed, died baseball.

I gave it up for reasons I don't need to go into here.

But the idea that you can't give up something you formerly loved? It's unfounded.

People even get, you know, divorced from wives and husband's for heaven's sake.

Jeez.

I think people have gotten too wrapped up in this deflategate crap......yes, it sucks, but honestly....the only reason it even happened is because the pats are just too damned good for too damned long and I think it will continue because even though he may be spineless, Kraft is closer in touch with what it takes to have a winning team than most owners....even when BB and Brady move on, I believe he will have the organization running a team at the top of the league.

but again....it's entertainment and nothing else.......people dwell way too much on stuff they have no control over

I still think the best teams win or are at least in it until the end.....so the bottom line is that it still works to a degree

but I think there's alot of envy across the rest of ownership.......and from time to time someone can drop a bomb nobody can do anything about......the pats will recover thrive and continue to entertain

pats in 5 consecutive AFCC has to piss some people off

I want to love the NBA, but I just find it way too weird that we got proof that a ref was fixing games and just kind of swept it under the rug and pretended it didn't happen. That whole fiasco permanently damaged my perception of the league, and while it's light years ahead of the NFL I still don't see any scenario where I can get fully on board there either.

I don't believe that everything's on the up-and-up with either the NFL or NBA, but at least with the NBA we aren't the ones in the crosshairs 100% of the time.
It's not nearly as shady under Silver as it was under Stern. They aren't fixing games but, they definitively give favoritism at times. If you fall behind by like 20+ points, the refs will usually help you out. Or if you fall behind in a series. As much as people love to say LeBron gets all the calls, that game 5 in Indy when the Heat were up 3-1 was one of the most blatant one sided officiating I have ever seen in my life lol. I didn't get much enjoyment out of seeing the Heat lose that day.

When someone has to try so hard to prove that they're above everyone else, they're always just compensating for something. So... what's your issue?

I'm not trying to prove anything....you're the one trying to prove that watching the Pats is beneath you...I'm still going to do what I've always done because its only entertainment

That's a long time away. I just don't know if I can last that long.

Last edited:
It's not nearly as shady under Silver as it was under Stern. They aren't fixing games but, they definitively give favoritism at times. If you fall behind by like 20+ points, the refs will usually help you out. Or if you fall behind in a series. As much as people love to say LeBron gets all the calls, that game 5 in Indy when the Heat were up 3-1 was one of the most blatant one sided officiating I have ever seen in my life lol. I didn't get much enjoyment out of seeing the Heat lose that day.

Yeah, I do agree there. I think the NBA has two monumental advantages over the NFL. The first is that Silver is a genuinely competent commissioner. I don't know if he's good (I think he is), but he isn't terrible which immediately puts him way above a clown like Goodell.

The second is ownership. There aren't a lot of trust fund legacy kids among NBA ownership, and the few that are there have been banner examples of why these types are bad for everything they touch. The NBA's two largest-market teams are run by these specific kind of people (Lakers, Knicks) and it's no coincidence that they've turned their storied franchises into garbage basement-dwellers.

But at least in the NBA, these guys are the exception rather than the rule. A lot of the NBA ownership is comprised of smart, forward-thinking, savvy people who actually believe in innovation. There's a whole subset of entrepreneurial owners--Grousbeck, Cuban, Ballmer, Lacob, Vivek, etc.--who are just miles ahead of anyone in NFL ownership. Over the past decade or so, the NBA, either by luck or design, has shed a lot of its albatross owners and replaced them with these types, and we're seeing the results. While the Rooneys and Maras and Krafts and Snyders sit around playing checkers, they're playing chess.

If the NFL ownership was in charge of the NBA, 29 butthurt owners would have found some made-up charges on which to ban Steph Curry from the league since they were mad at the Warriors' success. But luckily for basketball fans (and Warriors fans in particular), those types aren't running the NBA.

Last edited:

Terrible ownership? Really??

Yeah, I do agree there. I think the NBA has two monumental advantages over the NFL. The first is that Silver is a genuinely competent commissioner. I don't know if he's good (I think he is), but he isn't terrible which immediately puts him way above a clown like Goodell.

The second is ownership. There aren't a lot of trust fund legacy kids among NBA ownership, and the few that are there have been banner examples of why these types are bad for everything they touch. The NBA's two largest-market teams are run by these specific kind of losers (Lakers, Knicks) and it's no coincidence that they've turned their storied franchises into garbage basement-dwellers.

But at least in the NBA, these guys are the exception rather than the rule. A lot of the NBA ownership is comprised of smart, forward-thinking, savvy people who actually believe in innovation. There's a whole subset of entrepreneurial owners--Grousbeck, Cuban, Ballmer, Lacob, Vivek, etc.--who are just miles ahead of anyone in NFL ownership. Over the past decade or so, the NBA, either by luck or design, has shed a lot of its albatross owners and replaced them with these types, and we're seeing the results. While the Rooneys and Maras and Krafts and Snyders sit around playing checkers, they're playing chess.
Yeah not sure how involved Wyc is but, putting Danny Ainge in charge was the best move he's ever made. Danny and Brad are the best duo in the league. Ballmer and Vivek are idiots. Kings are one of the most dysfunctional franchises in the league. The only coach that could ever have DeMarcus Cousins behaving was canned because Cousins was hurt and the team had a really bad stretch. Pure idiocy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back