PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's wrong with the Chiefs?

Frank Clark helped them win the Super Bowl, but he's been a net negative in the 1.3 seasons since then. That can't happen when you trade a first and second for a guy and then pay him $20M per year.

1 Terrible defense, TEs shred them.
2 Cant run the ball.
3 All WR3 suck, so thats why they wanted dopehead Gordon.

Victims of their success - like I've been saying with the Pats.

There is a price to pay for going deep into the playoffs, even into the SB. You get lower draft picks, your players take the beating not only of an extra month of football, but at a higher intensity, harder hitting, players getting away with more brutal hits, etc.

You climb the mountain, then limp away.

Add in, the Chiefs are a top-heavy team because Hill, Kelce, and Mahomes were all elite in their respective positions. Any breakdown by any of the three leaves them vulnerable.

They're still good, and well-coached (but how much longer for Reid, I wonder? Will he suffer a few off years?)

Injuries last night to Hill, Kelce, Thuney (fractured hand), and CEH.

Everyone thiinks BB was "making excuses" at the end of last year. he was just telling the truth - a truth that we've seen with the Rams, the Seahawks, the 9'ers, and several other supposed "next dynasties" during the Pats' run. Winning in the NFL is hard. Sustaining wining in the NFL is WAY harder, and even doing that, a couple of bounces, bad calls, injuries here, and couple others there is the difference between winning a couple of SBs or a bunch.

Look at KC and appreciate even more what the team of Brady and BB brought to us since the turn of the century.

One word. Blueprint. Game over.

Rarely has a team lost the Superbowl and gotten back the next year and won.

I believe Patriots were one of the only few to do it.
I almost posted ....unless your the pats coached by BB. Because as i was typing it out i was thinking about the patriots are one of the few teams that didn't suffer from a hangover

There is nothing wrong with the chiefs.
Chiefs D has given up 163 pts, highest in the NFL
Staying on top is basically impossible. They had an excellent three year run - like most dominant teams - that resulted in one SB.
It is amazing how three years is the typical cycle of dominance in the NFL.
Contracts, cap, ego, injury, defections, retirement, draft order eventually cause erosion back towards the mean, and for a couple of decades the Pats helped expedite certain implosions....Rams and Seahawks top that list

Last edited:
Not good for the Queefs

CEH: "Hurt my knee pretty bad, hoping for the best from the tests tonight. How about you, Ty?"

Hill: "Hurt my knee too. Brutal, gonna hurt my speed. How you feelin' Joe?"

Thuney: "Broke my hand. Gutted it out, but man, it's hurtin'. Chris?"

Lammons: "I, uh, I got a cut. It's... it's a real gusher..."

It is amazing how three years is the typical cycle of dominance in the NFL.
Contracts, cap, ego, injury, defections, retirement, draft order eventually cause erosion back towards the mean...
It's called the Goodell Effect.

One word. Blueprint. Game over.
If it was so easy as a “blueprint,” it would have been done ages ago. What the Bucs did on defense wasn’t too different than what Belichick did to the Chiefs from 18-20, we just didn’t have the all world linebackers the Bucs did to go along with the secondary, and the Chiefs just had more talent then. Now that they’ve lost some talent - in terms of players leaving, declining, or getting injured - suddenly more teams are able to execute that plan. It’s easy to say blueprint, much harder to execute.

Just for one notable example….. the “blueprint” for beating the 2007 Patriots were the Cleveland Browns…. Who gave up 38 points to them. They didn’t have the horses and the Pats were stacked. The Giants did, and they caught them when Brady was slightly hobbling and when our right guard and blocking TE were injured.

I say the opponents - Baltimore and Buffalo with an amazing defense and sensational Chargers so far with Herbert.

I kind of thought they were sleepwalking through the first month of the season the way we did a few times when we were perennial super bowl contenders but it doesn't really seem that way anymore. They seem to be a flawed team but I still think they find a way to make it to the playoffs. Their terrible defense and the fact that if you can find a way to stop Hill and Kelce they don't have any other options looks to be leaving them exposed.

Mahomes isn't on a rookie contract anymore. Chiefs were stacked early on because mahomes was making $700k. Now they paid mahomes, hill, Kelce

And there's no money left for the defense.
Ok... So you draft defensive rookies on cheap contracts

Super Bowl hangover, its a common ailment
Giving up 30 plus points EVERY game as they have for the first 5 makes it really difficult for any offense, even theirs to win....

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back