PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's the latest on Andrews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashvillepatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I never heard anymore about Willie Andrews. Whatever happened with the drug bust?

loks like we are all in the dark.

loks like we are all in the dark.

As we should be - it is a private between the player and the team as far as his employment is concerned and of course the person and the courts as far as his legal woes.

I hope he works things out as he is a good player and seems to be a pretty good person that happened to smoke some pot and stupidly get caught with a ridiculous amount.

As far as we should be concerned though, it really should end with what we see of him on the field and his community service (voluntary, not possible court ordered that is).

I bet he will deal with his issues and be back trying to make the team.

I imagine Slater will take his roster spot.

You know, I feel ignorant but I just looked up the whole thing. He got caught with a half pound? I mean, it is weed so it's not like he's selling coke. Intention to distribute? At best, your gonna make 800 dollars profit off moving a half pound unless you have some very stupid customers. Why in the hell would an NFL player be a dope boy, and of all things for weed? I really hope he's not stupid enough to SELL, although it sounds like it.

Doing that for a possible 800 dollar profit, what an idiot. And that's profit before you'd re-up, so all in all your making 400 bucks off that. NFL players get paid that much to fart for christ sake.

I was in the dark too, I didn't even know about Andrews and an off-field incident. That's a real shame, but I want him gone, that's disgraceful.

On the scale of crimes, it's kind of like getting caught filming from an unenclosed location.

You know, I feel ignorant but I just looked up the whole thing. He got caught with a half pound? I mean, it is weed so it's not like he's selling coke. Intention to distribute? At best, your gonna make 800 dollars profit off moving a half pound unless you have some very stupid customers. Why in the hell would an NFL player be a dope boy, and of all things for weed? I really hope he's not stupid enough to SELL, although it sounds like it.

Doing that for a possible 800 dollar profit, what an idiot. And that's profit before you'd re-up, so all in all your making 400 bucks off that. NFL players get paid that much to fart for christ sake.

While the weight puts him in a bind legally, I would think the team might be equally concerned from a locker room perspective that perhaps he was making a bulk group purchase. You know, kinda like the guy with the BJ's card...

Last edited by a moderator:
He pled not guilty...so I can only assume there will be a trial date in the future...although I remember hearing that at the time, I also recall that there wasn't a particular date given. I think the SELLING part was a reach though, but something that police do as standard procedure when a large quantity is found.

Last edited:
He pled not guilty...so I can only assume there will be a trial date in the future...although I remember hearing that at the time, I also recall that there wasn't a particular date given. I think the SELLING part was a reach though, but something that police do as standard procedure when a large quantity is found.

Not always. My buddy got caught with a quarter pound and a scale. However, he was charged with possession over 20 grams, because what kills you is the bags. Bags are the kiss of death. You could easily argue your just bringing a large quanity to a party and you have a scale to make sure your not being ripped. But bags? What's your excuse?

Last edited:
Not always. My buddy got caught with a quarter pound and a scale. However, he was charged with possession over 20 grams, because what kills you is the bags. Bags are the kiss of death. You could easily argue your just bringing a large quanity to a party and you have a scale to make sure your not being ripped. But bags? What's your excuse?

As one of my profs (former fed prosecutor turned def atty) said, "there are only two businesses that require owning a top quality digital scale -- deli and drug dealer. Unless you are selling smoked meat, it is best you not own a digital scale."

As one of my profs (former fed prosecutor turned def atty) said, "there are only two businesses that require owning a top quality digital scale -- deli and drug dealer. Unless you are selling smoked meat, it is best you not own a digital scale."

I understand that, but drugs are drugs. Everything with them brings trouble. You bring scales to make sure you get your money worth. But, you're right. Carrying scales can just bring trouble, and no cop thinks you carry a pocket scale for science either.

Andrews is as good as gone ... the Patriots are just waiting for the court case. Slater was selected to take Andrews place on special teams (KO, Gunner). Slater is also being groomed as safety as well.

By the way ... this is a slam dunk case!

Jewelers too.

Andrews is as good as gone ... the Patriots are just waiting for the court case. Slater was selected to take Andrews place on special teams (KO, Gunner). Slater is also being groomed as safety as well.

By the way ... this is a slam dunk case!

Pats might be waiting for RG to suspend him. Pats take a salary cap hit if they cut him. Might get that money back if it is a league suspension.

He's dead wrong. Anyone in any kind of business that uses chemicals as raw materials needs such a scale. My business has dozens of them, and we rarely sell illicit drugs.

He's dead wrong. Anyone in any kind of business that uses chemicals as raw materials needs such a scale. My business has dozens of them, and we rarely sell illicit drugs.

I don't even have the business excuse. I just watch what I eat very carefully and have a fairly good digital scale in the kitchen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back