PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Jake Andrews - Round 4 - 107th Overall

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Patriots Grab Center Jake Andrews With Their First Selection in Round 4
Ian Logue
The Patriots started things off on Day 3 of the 2023 NFL Draft by finally making a selection on the offensive side of the football, taking Troy University center Jake Andrews with the 107th overall pick.

The post Patriots Grab Center Jake Andrews With Their First Selection in Round 4 appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Starting some player threads to individually discuss each guy.

I had them drafting a center, hope this turns into a great pick

I like this pre-draft write-up by a former NFL scout, who now does draft analyses for Ourlads. Funny that he compares him to D. Andrews. That ranking is combined center and guard.

1682861858198.png

(he’s also a huge Giants fan and does draft previews for this message board every year)

Gritty, tough, smart, and consistent…..in case some were wondering why the Pats like him so much. Add in quick hands and reaction time and they may have a good succession plan in place at a critical position along the OL.

Last edited:
Worth noting that Andrews' position coach at Troy was none other than former Patriots' OL coach Cole Popovic.

So not only did the Patriots probably have in depth knowledge of Andrews, they drafted someone that they've seen play their system.

Been hoping for a developmental C for a couple drafts now.

Same here. I was a big fan of Creed Humphrey, but we obviously went elsewhere with our picks. Let's hope that Andrews can develop into a similar sort of player. He's got the potential to be a solid starter for us on the interior.

Watching this tape what stands out to me is his calmness, confidence . even if he gets temporarily in trouble he finds a solution and with relative ease and IQ. He doesn't look dominant but he keeps it calm and clean.

Maybe picking him higher than Sow (w OT potential) was a surprise since a bunch of what seemed like similar prospects at C were still available, but looking at Senior Bowl 1v1s he looked better than all incl Schmitz.

When Gronk was asked who he thinks was the most important player for Brady he answered Andrews.
Looks like Mac could have the same answer no matter which one plays.

Have you noticed we have alot of player's with the same last name.. Harris replacing Harris... Andrews ultimately replacing Dave Andrews... odd lol...

Don't forget all the Jones'. It's just Bob Kraft being cheap again. Saves him money on new jerseys.

(sarcasm)

F'in Albert Breer pushing rumors that the Pats drafting Jake Andrews means that Dave Andrews is on the trading block.. *SMH* Guess he's never heard of having adequate back-ups.

F'in Albert Breer pushing rumors that the Pats drafting Jake Andrews means that Dave Andrews is on the trading block.. *SMH* Guess he's never heard of having adequate back-ups.
Breer....
Whose Line Is It Anyway Desperate For Attention GIF

Doesn't Dave Andrews have some recent health issues with blood clots? I wonder if they are acting up again (pure speculation on my part).

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back