PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What's going to happen with Ron Brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think Belichick is quicker to cut players simply because he has job security and doesn't give a crap what people think. Our drafting would look better if Butler and Wheatley were on the roster instead of Adams and Molden and many teams would keep them for that reason.

True, but he didn't give a crap at Cleveland either. He simply wants his players and would cut the owners son if he wasn't producing. They don't call him the Turk for nothing.

Brace is a dud, why, because he was one of our best linemen last year? I'm tired of people here confusing injuries with poor performance.

He was one of our best linemen last year? Sorry I'm going to disagree with you. Getting PT doesn't automatically label you as one of the best linemen. Mike Wright made a more significant impact than Brace before he got hurt. Wright being one of our best linemen is a more accurate statement. Brace is LeKevin Smith 2.0

Last edited:
So? He's depth... The Dline is doing just fine now, why get rid of him now?

Thought I'd acknowledge the contribution of Ron Brace today on the Lance Ball forced fumble. He looked as good as I can remember in general today as did Warren and Love once the D were allowed to pin their ears back and collapse the pocket around Tebow.

Thought I'd acknowledge the contribution of Ron Brace today on the Lance Ball forced fumble. He looked as good as I can remember in general today as did Warren and Love once the D were allowed to pin their ears back and collapse the pocket around Tebow.

Did they go back to more of a 3-4 second half with Anderson at OLB and Brace at DE?

i thought once w egot the lead the defenseive line did a great job on tebow. Yeah he evaded them once or twice... but thats what he does. I remember in perticular a terrifically drawn up play for a anderson sack. Anderson took the tackle wide, the DT took the outside rush making it look like an open lane up the middle for tebow. Anderson then swooped around to the middle as tebow was stepping into the open space... great play.

I have said it for a wile, this team has a shot against anyone in the league if TB plays a great game. If he doesn't we wil find it very tough. But hopefully we are improving in areas other than QB play

Well said.

I thought he played well. Especially after the Carter injury. I thought they all manned up.

Did they go back to more of a 3-4 second half with Anderson at OLB and Brace at DE?

They were playing pure 34 after the first two Offensive series of the Broncos. Carter and Anderson would sub in and out as the other OLB.

Edit-They played few 34 pure snaps but after the injury, most of the snaps were pure 34.

Last edited:
No, this is another one of many "WTF?" Belichick picks that left most people scratching their heads, especially because it was such a reach (and, for some, so typical of his 'value' drafting strategy. :rolleyes:).

This is just starting to look like one of the ones where most of us were right. :snob:

How was Brace a reach?? He was projected as a late 1st/early 2nd round pick..

Also, in case you missed it, Brace played a lot yesterday and had the 1st forced fumble.

We've had about a 50% hit rate on #2s recently

Hits :
Gronkowski
Spikes (IMO)
Chung
Vollmer

Misses :
Cunningham (could still hit)
Brace (could still hit)
Butler
Wheatley

That's a perfectly fine hit rate. We'd all like 100% but 50% in the second round is about right.

Belichick's 2nd round picks:

2000 - Adriam Klemm
2001 - Matt Light
2002 - Deion Branch
2003 - Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson
2004 - Marquis Hill (RIP)
2005 - None
2006 - Chad Jackson
2007 - Traded with a 7th round pick for Wes Welker
2008 - Terence Wheatley
2009 - Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer
2010 - Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes
2011 - Ras-I Dowling

7 guys who have become starters. 4 guys who the book is not closed on, yet. And 5 guys who didn't pan out. I don't count Marquis Hill because his career was cut short and he was stuck behind such a deep D-line.

Brace has definitely struggled, although some of it has been injury related. While my hopes are definitely tempered, I still think he can contribute. He did seem to get more playing time against DEN. As of late, I've been down on Love. He doesn't seem to get much of a push and the effort isn't where I'd like it to be. Just my 2 cents worth.

Belichick's 2nd round picks:

2000 - Adriam Klemm2001 - Matt Light
2002 - Deion Branch
2003 - Eugene Wilson, Bethel Johnson
2004 - Marquis Hill (RIP)
2005 - None
2006 - Chad Jackson
2007 - Traded with a 7th round pick for Wes Welker
2008 - Terence Wheatley
2009 - Chung, Brace, Butler, Vollmer
2010 - Gronkowski, Cunningham, Spikes
2011 - Ras-I Dowling

7 guys who have become starters. 4 guys who the book is not closed on, yet. And 5 guys who didn't pan out. I don't count Marquis Hill because his career was cut short and he was stuck behind such a deep D-line.

I would submit that you can excuse 2000 as the team transitioned and BB did not have full prep for that draft. That would change the didn't pan out to 4 (so far).

He was one of our best linemen last year? Sorry I'm going to disagree with you. Getting PT doesn't automatically label you as one of the best linemen. Mike Wright made a more significant impact than Brace before he got hurt. Wright being one of our best linemen is a more accurate statement. Brace is LeKevin Smith 2.0
Brace played as well as anyone on the DL not named Wilfork last year.
Wright had some sacks but his run D was horrendous. Brace played 2gap run D. If you think you are supposed to rate him by sacks yuo are confused.

I'm glad a few fans were paying attention yesterday and saw Brace's forced fumble.....:rocker:

Pats DL is pretty darn good, even with all the injuries they've had......

I don't think Mike Wright should return....his long term health is at stake....:(

(And it was his 25th birthday):cool:

Brace has definitely struggled, although some of it has been injury related. While my hopes are definitely tempered, I still think he can contribute. He did seem to get more playing time against DEN. As of late, I've been down on Love. He doesn't seem to get much of a push and the effort isn't where I'd like it to be. Just my 2 cents worth.
Love looks mediocre to me most of the time. I don't get where the hype comes from with him.

Is your hair black and slicked back? There is a major problem with that statement, as well as most of the posters who complain about BB picks. You ignore all the UDFA, late round wtf picks (Matt Cassell) and picks who leave the experts scratching thier heads (Logan Mankins). Julian Edelman says hi. Yes, BB has missed on some 2nd round picks and last week numerous posters had Brady as over-the-hill.
Taylor Price says hi.

Sure its disappointing when you have 2nd and 3rd round picks either fail or not meet expectations (usually instantaneous ones). That's one the the problems you have when you have so many of them. The more picks you have the more you have that can fail....or succeed.

The key thing you have to consider is the TOTAL picture. And that picture asks, are you adding 4-5 rookie players to your team each year that end up giving you 4 or 5 years of productivity to the roster, and have 2 become key core players. The not only includes the high picks but the low ones and UDFAs as well. And if you take all that into consideration, I think year in and year out BB has accomplished that.....and more.

As BB might say about his own drafting. "it is what it is," "somethings were better than others" And finally "I'm not going comment on that, all I can do is focus on this week's game we have coming up"

Love looks mediocre to me most of the time. I don't get where the hype comes from with him.

They get him confused with Myron Pryor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back