PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What went wrong this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, in three and a half months we have the draft... And the guy making the picks drafted a full back in the first round awhile back:D:D

What went wrong? Not having any capable WR options. That has been evident for quite sometime.

I just want to say Fck Sanu. The image of Brady throwing a pick 6 on his last pass while this useless, lazy dipsh1t stands flat footed is everything that he should be associated with. I have never seen a more infuriating player. Worst trade they’ve ever made and not close.

That was a terrible throw by Brady.

Kraft got two handies and they still won, is my point.
And then subsequently caught immediately after and then proceeded to not win the Super Bowl and put forth one of the most disappointing seasons in a decade, is my point.

Yeah I think he had a good game but that was a bad throw by him. To answer the OP question I just think offensively we just didn't have the horses. They fought til the end but eventually talent does beat coaching.

Who gives a crap. Snafu stinks!!! Go look at this guy’s last 5 games. Game was over anyway. Sanu and harry where getting most of the snap counts and these guys where terrible!!! I would love to know Meyers’s snap count in this game.

You’re probably right, but fck Sanu anyway. The guy was like the worst possible player to trade for, especially a second round pick.

-Starting center had a bloodclot and was put on IR.
-First round WR was injured before the season and missed half a year of development.
-A big pick up in Thomas ended up being released for the sake of Antonio Brown
-Antonio Brown doesn't know how to act around women.
-Josh Gordon doesn't know how to act around drugs.
-Edelman got banged up all year
-Wynn missed a huge chunk of the year with turf toe
-Cannon missed a huge chunk of the year
-Sanu got injured immediately after the trade and it takes awhile to learn this offense.

We were very unlucky this year
Thomas would not have moved the needle at all. The guy is washed up.

Second most upvoted comment on reddit: "This is as close as we're all gonna get to a league wide superbowl victory"

The loss sucks, but yeah, you know we've had it good for the past two decades.

Nah, their D will be close to this good next year. They need to find a replacement for Chung and some safeties and LB's. But overall the was pretty great this year. They just need to slow down running QB's or good to great RB's.

Kvn is gone. He wants to get paid. Collins gonna want to be paid.

We downgraded offensively in both run and pass. Run game was hurt by the loss of Andrews, Develin, and Gronk. Pass game took big hits too as bad as IT was in 2018:

-Edelman was banged up so a big downgrade from last year, the guy normally catches like 8-10 balls a game in the playoffs.
-Gronk's loss was felt even though he wasn't "Gronk" last year, still made some extremely clutch 3rd downs. Coulda used 1 or 2 of those in this one, didn't score the ENTIRE 2nd half when all we really needed was a damn FG.
-Hogan as much as he regressed was still better than our wr's beyond Edelman this year. Again, made a few monstrous catches in that KC game last year.

Cant blame them for what happened in the run game, but Front office failed bigtime to improve or at least make up for losses in the passing offense. Whether it be FA, trade, draft - Harry was injured yes but maybe you should have double dipped at WR instead of picking guys that barely played if at all this year, when at least 5 or so WR's taken after Harry had pretty decent years. And we still don't know if Harry just isn't a bust period, jury still out. Sanu and all the FA's brought in were busts, not ONE worked out except AB and he was let go. We're going to need a MUCH better offseason his year - FA and draft - if we can even consider getting back to the SB.

I'm not sure even the Brady of 2007-2017 could have masked these deficiencies of the patriots offense, let alone the Brady of 2019.

Last edited:
Thomas would not have moved the needle at all. The guy is washed up.
I keep hearing that, but he outperformed every one of our WRs who wasn’t named Edelman, so maybe it was a bigger loss than we thought.

In short, Offensive Line, skill position, and Defensive front seven. It’s easy to hate on the offense but our defense went from historic to extinct and that’s entirely the front seven’s fault.

I just want to say Fck Sanu. The image of Brady throwing a pick 6 on his last pass while this useless, lazy dipsh1t stands flat footed is everything that he should be associated with. I have never seen a more infuriating player. Worst trade they’ve ever made and not close.

Nope not worst ever,
Also
They must choose...but choose wisely. Neither is gone quite yet.

Both may be gone they are gonna want lots of paper belichick wont do it

I think you missed
BB won 3 SB's in the last decade
BB drafted Gronk in the last decade

Let me add some addenda:
BB never addressed TE which he's had years to do
BB hasn't drafted a great offensive skill player in well over 10+ years
BB cheaps out when trying to sign skill players-see Adam Humphries, Manny Sanders etc
BB cheaps out resigning decent players who Brady has connection to- Hello Amendola
BB lets our stud LT go and has our OL completely dependent on a rookie with an injury history and who has never played the LT position
BB mistakenly drafts below NFL average RB and WR with 1st rd picks
BB drafts OL guys who are injured and/or questionable
BB drafts strange no name DB projects (in RD 2!) who no one has ever heard of
BB drafts weird Navy guys and rugby players for more "fun" projects
BB stacks defense positions 3 or 4 deep and has ex cons, mental cases, and addicts for offense
BB lets his idiot son try to run the defense
BB alienates and tries to run the greatest of all time out of town for ego reasons

Anyone notice a theme here?

You’re probably right, but fck Sanu anyway. The guy was like the worst possible player to trade for, especially a second round pick.

You still have fools that defend this guy. Just look at the numbers the last 5 games. 1 catch. That’s all he had tonight. One catch.

Nope not worst ever,
Also

Both may be gone they are gonna want lots of paper belichick wont do it

Go look at his last 7 games. I always thought he was a big tat overrated. He was never worth a second rounder but bill took a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back