PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What position should the Pats take with their next [Day 2, #34] pick?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What position should the Pats take with their next pick (now 34)?

• WR

Votes: 56 48.3%
  • OT

Votes: 38 32.8%
  • DB

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • RLKAG

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Top 30 visits were Troy Franklin (~Rd2), Javon Baker (~Rd3), and Tejhuan Palmer (~UDFA).

Adonai Mitchell Would be nice but I have a feeling the bills taking him. They been trading down and stocked up few picks.

Ladd McConkey is probably the guy that Mayo is looking for. He has the skills Jules and Welker had. Excellent route runner, good blocker and solid YAC.

My only concern is that he wasnt productive enough for Georgia. With all that ability at a powerhouse, why didn't he produce more? Is the Georgia QB Beck not up to the task?
That's my concern as well, as he was injured for bits last season, and it looks like Beck really spread the ball around with Bowers as the leading receiver (56rec 714yds).

If AD Mitchell doesn’t go 33 then the Pats should draft him at 34. Otherwise there are a group of players I would be happy with so a trade back probably makes sense.
Paul
Suamatai
Powerjohnson
Mitchell
Mcconkey

Give me any one of them
I’d add DeJean, Newton, Koolaid, Keon Coleman and Roman Wilson to that group of targets to add in a trade back.

If AD Mitchell doesn’t go 33 then the Pats should draft him at 34. Otherwise there are a group of players I would be happy with so a trade back probably makes sense.

I’d add DeJean, Newton, Koolaid, Keon Coleman and Roman Wilson to that group of targets to add in a trade back.
Good point I would love dejean or newton
Coleman or Wilson I would consider at 68 but not 34
We already have slot wr with Bourne and Douglas and i don’t think Wilson can succeed in any other role in the nfl

Good point I would love dejean or newton
Coleman or Wilson I would consider at 68 but not 34
We already have slot wr with Bourne and Douglas and i don’t think Wilson can succeed in any other role in the nfl
I think Coleman is a traditional x so he’d be a good fit. I also wouldn’t pick him at 34 but if they traded back 10 picks or so he’d make sense.

Also, props for being overseas and following American sports. I’m in Italy right now and there is no way I could consistently stay engaged with the time difference.

I think Coleman is a traditional x so he’d be a good fit. I also wouldn’t pick him at 34 but if they traded back 10 picks or so he’d make sense.
Completely agree on the need for an x wr which is why I really like adonai Mitchell with 6‘4 and really good speed I think he would be perfect complement
Also, props for being overseas and following American sports. I’m in Italy right now and there is no way I could consistently stay engaged with the time difference.
Thanks enjoy your time, where are you in Italy? I have been there as well, it’s beautiful
Draft started at 2am last night , I made it until 5am which was around the eagles pick , I did not believe in a trade up from the pats at that time

Completely agree on the need for an x wr which is why I really like adonai Mitchell with 6‘4 and really good speed I think he would be perfect complement

Thanks enjoy your time, where are you in Italy? I have been there as well, it’s beautiful
Draft started at 2am last night , I made it until 5am which was around the eagles pick , I did not believe in a trade up from the pats at that time
I’m headed back to the airport now. We did Lake como, Florence and the Amalfi coast for our honeymoon. Headed back to the real world now. Italy is absolutely beautiful. Recorded the Celtics playoff games and the draft to watch when I get back but woke up at 5:30 and checked the draft results this morning.

Completely agree on AD just need to hope the Bills don’t draft him first.

AD Mitchell has diabetes and has some red flags.

Trade it for Aiyuk. The 49ers drafted a WR last night. They look to be resigned to not being able to get a deal done with him. Aiyuk is better than any WR left on the board.

I went WR because the position is still very strong.
I went OL because, on our team, that position is still very weak. I think a team as weak as this needs to fill needs to (re)build the team, not gather shiny baubles because they are available.

The fact that there are still so many WR's available is exactly the reason we can hold off on that position.

I went OL because, on our team, that position is still very weak. I think a team as weak as this needs to fill needs to (re)build the team, not gather shiny baubles because they are available.

The fact that there are still so many WR's available is exactly the reason we can hold off on that position.
7 WR already taken. Is this draft really that deep? Most years you don't see 7 impactful rookie WRs.

So many good options on the board. I like Mitchell and McConkey, and Cooper DeJean is tough to pass on. OT has been cleaned out of the top two tiers of prospects, as everyone predicted. People aren’t going to like it but if I’m making the pick I’m taking Jackson Powers-Johnson, but I think the Oatriots are going to trade out of the pick. Powers-Johnson is the best Center/ interior OL in this draft, and they can still move up to get one of the next tier of OT or WR with their next pick.

It’s funny because I haven’t heard one word about how “ good “ Jake Andrews is in all of the discussions leading up to the draft, but now that. Center is in play at 34 people suddenly love him? I really like McConkey and Mitchell, but as most here have said they don’t need another slot receiver; and the stuff about Mitchell’s diabetes scared me off of him.

If they stay with the pick they can go many different ways, because the board is still loaded with talented players, but I think they will trade down, the question is how far?

Our number one need last year was OT. We didn’t address it except by drafting Sow and signing some question marks in free agency.

Our number two need this year was OT. We haven’t addressed it in the draft (and the choices aren’t great anymore) and signed a question mark in free agency.

Yeah, this new front office is off to a great start. But at least they were all smiles taking their picture in the draft room.

7 WR already taken. Is this draft really that deep? Most years you don't see 7 impactful rookie WRs.
Yes. Just the two remaining Washington Huskies WRs alone.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back