PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What names keep coming back to you ?

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I keep on seeing CB Kevin Johnson or CB Byron Jones as Patriots. I think one of them will be there at 32, or the Pats might trade up to get one. BUT, I keep thinking if those guys are gone, the name Jaelen Strong, WR, keeps popping into my head. For some reason, I can see him as a Patriot. Maybe it's a premonition.

I remember last year someone stated they thought the Pats would draft Dominique Easley at #29. I wish that person would come back and post his guess in this thread.

Nelson agholor
Ameer Abdullah
Jalen Collins

Ameer Abdullah, Grady Jarrett, Byron Jones

Trade down
Devin Smith

Trade up
Ronald Darby

I don't claim to know why

Laken Tomlinson

w.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/laken-tomlinson?id=2552345

DT Danny Shelton (trade up), CB Marcus Peters, WR Nelson Agholor

Jake FISHER. CAM ERVING.

Malcolm brown
Eddie Goldman

Eric Rowe
Tevin Coleman
Tre Jackson

Nelson Agholor.

I really don't think WR is a HUGE need, but it's one of those names I certainly wouldn't hate and continue to convince myself that I want him.

It's also the thought of something like a guard is very boring, WR is very exciting, ya know?

WR is definitely a need but we certainly have serviceable WR's. Edelman is a legitimate #1 target even if he's not the prototypical mold, LaFell is a very good #2, and Gronk is one of the best targets in all of football. I also believe that Gibson can be a legit WR in our offense if he's recovered from injuries. Amendola is a top tier #3 if he performs like he did in 2013 while healthy and the playoffs in 2014.

...All that said Agholor would still be welcome by me.

AJ Cann. I'm always coming back to him as the right guy for this team.

But the WRs are like candy to me, tho. Would be exciting to have Philip Dorsett on the team. Feels like a splurge.

1st round wr would be a wtf. Trade down if that's the case.

Grady Jarrett and bennett of o su are names y hat jump out too.

Byron Jones, Kevin Johnson, AJ Cann and TJ Clemmings..

Trade back to around 40 and take Guard Laken Tomlinson.

A.J. Cann scares me, yet intrigues me.

AJ Cann
Mike Davis

I know who I want them to pick but they almost never pick them. They will probably "reach" again.

Best guess for the first pick. Eric Rowe - DB or Michael Bennett - DT.

If they go offense I think they go OT. Probably Cedric Ogbuehi just cause it makes sense but not the guy you expect.

Edit: Also someone who recently came to my attention as a 6th-UDFA prospect is Nick Marshall. He reminds me a lot of Edelman.

Former QB who was a better athlete then QB. He use to play CB some as a rookie before going QB and then switch to CB for the senior bowl and is going into the draft as one. He also returns punts. 6'1 and 210 lbs. He stuck with Phillip Dorsett which is no joke for a guy that size.

Obviously the word raw does not begin to describe him. However he did well in the one game he played CB as and is not entirely inexperienced. As a former QB it might help him in some ways down the line. A late round binky of mine just before the draft.

Last edited:
Laken Tomlinson in the 2nd and David Johnson in the 3rd. Every draft simulation I do has these two dropping into our lap.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back