PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is your confidence of the Offensive play calling before start of season?

Perhaps this is what you meant, but to me playcalling isn't the issue here. It's the fact that the OL isn't opening enough holes for the RBs, and is inconsistent in pass protection. I do think the first sack on Mac last night was his fault, stepping into the defender, but part of that is his lack of confidence/rhythm with his pocket right now, so you could send the blame either way if you like.

Fact is, you could call the best play in the world and if the OL doesn't block it, it's going to look terrible. So playcalling? I'm fine. But I need to see more improvement in the OL in the regular season, and (at least by title) that IS Patricia's responsibility.

I have been pondering if the fat f*ck is lulling the other teams with the offense's sh*tty performance so far in camp/pre-season and when the season starts, they will magically turn it on guns blazing. Afterall he is so smart as we keep hearing.

Then the reality sets in: This is going to be a long year.

As Mac mentioned, we weren’t scheming in preseason. Just running base concepts.

I’m more worried about offensive execution. They just weren’t playing well together as a unit. And coaches are certainly not exempt from that

I don't think the timing is right for experiments, with a 2nd year QB after a good rookie season, ready to make the 2nd year jump. I'd like to have a seasoned OC like BoB in this situation.

As Mac mentioned, we weren’t scheming in preseason. Just running base concepts.

I’m more worried about offensive execution. They just weren’t playing well together as a unit. And coaches are certainly not exempt from that

Know who else wasn’t scheming? The Panthers and Raiders backup defense.

Also it's worthwhile remembering, if there was one preseason game that we were gonna look ass in, it's against the guy who knows exactly how the Patriots prep and approach a preseason game.

Didn't love what I saw and I don't blame folks for being concerned. However, I somewhat expected that.

OLine stuff is a bit wild to see still be so inconsistent. That's where the W's start and where the L's are handed to you.

I'll be brief and succinct.

This team will win its 7th Lombardi trophy. I don't see a single team that can challenge us this season.

Hopefully that short statement is a sufficient description of my level of confidence. If not, I'll be more than glad to expound upon it.

I'm sure everyone on this board is an expert on offensive game-planning and play-calling to the point of being in a position to critique Patricia.

I wonder if Lions fans said the same thing about him being qualified to be a head coach.

I wonder if Lions fans said the same thing about him being qualified to be a head coach.
Would they know the difference between a qualified/unqualified candidate?

Big fat ZERO in the confidence department.

That's really more because the two guys most likely to call plays have no history of calling offensive plays here, so it's difficult to project any confidence without some track record to reference.

As everyone already stared the O-line is by far the biggest concern, even though I do strongly believe that they have the talent to get the job done.

IMO their is less then zero percent chance the offensive line will be practicing wide-zone blocking during the regular season. I have to be honest…I’m surprised at so many thinking this will continue.

Does anyone here really think BB will continue with ZB full-time ? Are you assuming he wants to lose ?

Play calling? This has yet to be seen.

Last edited:
Can't wait for week 1. How many points will they score on the Phins defense?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back