PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What is Nick Satan gonna do??

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only real question in my mind is
Does Saban Resume Feeding BB Good Inside Info On SEC Players?

Or has that aspect of the friendship frayed from head-to-head competition?

* If he went to Bama, I'd say the info feeding would resume. At the game in Miami, they talked for awhile at midfield before the game and walked off it afterword. If he goes I'll lose some respect for him. Not because he'llbe breaking his contract with the Fins, but because apparently the NFL was too tough for him. He'll be like a Pete Carroll without the smile and pumped and jacked act.

The only real question in my mind is
Does Saban Resume Feeding BB Good Inside Info On SEC Players?

Or has that aspect of the friendship frayed from head-to-head competition?
I think they'll be buddies again quickly.

Also, while Saban no doubt helps Belichick with some tips, I think the bigger issue is that Belichick trusts that when he drafts a Saban player he's getting a guy who's well coached, has good fundamentals and can respond to coaching. Same with Weis and Pat Hill. Same with Kirk Ferentz too but, for whatever reason, we've never actually drafted an Iowa player that I remember - I suspect that's by coincidence and not by design.

I think they'll be buddies again quickly.

Also, while Saban no doubt helps Belichick with some tips, I think the bigger issue is that Belichick trusts that when he drafts a Saban player he's getting a guy who's well coached, has good fundamentals and can respond to coaching.

* Well, maybe minus Rohan Davey and M Hill -:)

I hope he goes, because I think he eventually would make the Dolphins competitive.

Amen. I believe that, too.

Too me, it's curious that he wants to leave. It may be a reflection of the window closing on Miami. No QB. A defense nearing retirement age. Serious cap issues until the defense gets blown up.

Obviously if he's already met with the dolphins owner and left to think it over until 10 am tomorrow I can't see where the dolphins made him an offer to stay that he couldn't refuse which is exactly what I think alabama has done. They threw so much money at him he won't be able to refuse. After all those stupid saban press takes when he said he wasn't going to coach bama and then he goes and listens to their proposal the day after his last game tells me he wants out of the NFL. He's as good as gone IMO.

I hope he goes, because I think he eventually would make the Dolphins competitive.

That's exactly the reason I would like him to stay. Competition is the mother of improvement.

Obviously if he's already met with the dolphins owner and left to think it over until 10 am tomorrow I can't see where the dolphins made him an offer to stay that he couldn't refuse which is exactly what I think alabama has done. They threw so much money at him he won't be able to refuse. After all those stupid saban press takes when he said he wasn't going to coach bama and then he goes and listens to their proposal the day after his last game tells me he wants out of the NFL. He's as good as gone IMO.

I think he's just becoming the coaching level of the old "Lord Favre" routine!
Will he stay? Will he go? Yadda, yadda, Yadda!!! Same as Cowher!!

Agreed! He'll make the move despite a lesser spotlight in the college ranks. More money, less pressure, more time with the family etc...

I think he leaves,that job at 'Bama sounds pretty good...''

stay in Miami or move to Alabama, my guess is the latter.. not that I really care, but the more chaos that exists in any of division rivals organization the better it is for us. How about Denny Green, Mora or some other retread that will make a lot of promises, but fail to deliver a product.

At this point he HAS to go. Down here in S. Florida, his denials of any possible negotiations going on with Alabama have become alikened to Bill Clinton's famous "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" speech......He kept saying over and over in every press conference "Alright I guess I have to come out and say it myself "I have NO interest in being the next coach at Alabama, or leaving the dolphins organization...there did you get that? I am not going to be Alabama's next coach it's as simple as that".........We'll see in about 15 minutes when he has his little press conference.

In my mind, he just couldn't make it in the NFL.....It is embarrassing to compare this guy to BB......not even close......and to make matters worse...he is a liar....

Good to see the doofins organization in chaos though!

That's exactly the reason I would like him to stay. Competition is the mother of improvement.

See? The guy didn't listen to me. Now watch, he's going to have a miserable time at 'bama. Bear Bryant will appear in his dreams one night and tell him he blew it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents