PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happens when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Quarterback

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
- The draft comes and the Patriots don't have their 1st rounder (already a foregone conclusion)
- The Chiefs win their appeal and get their third round pick back before the draft
- Brady loses in court and has to sit out the first four games

Ummmmm ... those things?

- The draft comes and the Patriots don't have their 1st rounder (already a foregone conclusion)
- The Chiefs win their appeal and get their third round pick back before the draft

Fans get upset, but then:
- Pats go 3-1 under Jimmy Garappolo and he looks good
- Pats go 13-2 the rest of the way under Brady
- Pats trade Garappolo to Cleveland for the #6 overall pick in the 2017 draft
- We all laugh at Fraudger Goodell's unintended consequence.

Brady immediately appeals the decision and gets a hold placed on the suspension. If I were Brady, I would then file a defamation suit against the NFL and Goodell for $1,000,000,000. He settles it out of court with Goodell lifting the suspension and returning next year's pick and a public apology. Well, maybe not the apology. :p

Spoiler alert: People will continue to direct a disproportionate amount of rage at Kraft.

Spoiler alert: People will continue to direct a disproportionate amount of rage at Kraft.

If Kraft get's praised for all the good he's done for the organization... he deserves all the **** for letting his team get dragged through the mud. We would have the same grip no matter who is the owner because 99.9% of owners of professional sports teams are cut throat business men that would put money before any loyalty.

I don't like the breed, but it's hard to call him a coward if his priorities are the money and not the team. I'd love to see him sell the team out to the public and have Fitzy become the CEO and wage a crusade against the evil NFL... but that will never ever happen. It is what it is. 32 rich f8cks getting richer off us fans.

Heres a question.. In an early thread it was said if the pats trade for a first round pick.. They could only keep a pick that is no higher than the one that was taken away from them. In other words if they traded for the 25th overall pick they would then forfiet that pick and get there original pick back. But what if they traded for a player drafted by another team in the first round and not a pick. What would happen then? Wouldnt that be a great way to say fu to roger.

Heres a question.. In an early thread it was said if the pats trade for a first round pick.. They could only keep a pick that is no higher than the one that was taken away from them. In other words if they traded for the 25th overall pick they would then forfiet that pick and get there original pick back. But what if they traded for a player drafted by another team in the first round and not a pick. What would happen then? Wouldnt that be a great way to say fu to roger.

Problem is (as I understand it - I absolutely could be wrong!) that since NE has no 1st round pick they aren't allotted a 1st round rookie pool money slot. If they trade for someone drafted in the first round they won't have a slot to use to pay the guy.

Problem is (as I understand it - I absolutely could be wrong!) that since NE has no 1st round pick they aren't allotted a 1st round rookie pool money slot. If they trade for someone drafted in the first round they won't have a slot to use to pay the guy.

This is, in general, why you don't see drafted rookies traded except in rare circumstances.

If Kraft get's praised for all the good he's done for the organization... he deserves all the **** for letting his team get dragged through the mud.

The keyword was disproportionate.

My main issues with the ever-rising tide of Kraft hate are:

1) I have yet to see a compelling case made for what he could have done legally that would not have likely been symbolic at best or Pyrrhic at worst.

2) His words and actions before and after the Brady suspension suggest to me that he really did think that by taking it on the chin the league would go easy on Tom.

3) In 1985 when I started watching this team if you told me that we would have an owner who would try too hard to walk a fine line between being a Pat's guy and and a League guy and could be perceived as failing on both accounts but would be responsible for owning a team that brought us 4 championships and unparalleled success I would take that deal in a heartbeat.

I can understand people feeling like Bob's two-faced or that he let us down. His most recent comments about Goodell are particularly hard to defend. It's the "waaaaaah waaaaah sue someone I don't care if he wins or not just sue!" crowd and then people who are angry at him beyond what I think is a reasonable degree that are particularly tiresome and sound more than a little entitled that get me.

If the chiefs get their picks back...i will be :mad:

What about the people who claim that Kraft is responsible for the success of the team because he hired Belichick but not responsible for hiring Fraudell?

What about the people who claim that Kraft is responsible for the success of the team because he hired Belichick but not responsible for hiring Fraudell?

I don't know, ask them?

I think perspective is required. Hes a company man yes and with that comes the bad... But really all owners who are not crazy are company men so what really is the alternative? Al davis? On the upside he has helped create an environment where we have had unparrelled success. He has allowed bb to basically say **** you to the league at every turn. I think he runs his team in a way that allows the best people to do what they are good at and he doesnt interfere even when he disagrees. As much as spygate was much to do about nothing.. Bb attitude about it is part of the reason other owners and fans and the league hate the pats. Bb basically said it was a stupid rule.. Do what you think you need to do to the team and me and then go **** yourself. Kraft allowed bill to do this so he deserves some credit for not allowing his company man personality effect the way bb does things.

Fans get upset, but then:
- Pats go 3-1 under Jimmy Garappolo and he looks good
- Pats go 13-2 the rest of the way under Brady
- Pats trade Garappolo to Cleveland for the #6 overall pick in the 2017 draft
- We all laugh at Fraudger Goodell's unintended consequence.
No way you are dreaming - thinking the Browns are going to have the 6th worst record in 2016... They are a lock for top 2...

Everything else you wrote seem reasonable...[emoji23]

I'm going to be angry.. Not sure what else...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST