PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What does Troy Brown think of these receivers

Why would people think he wants to coach? He has more money than God. His wife has more money than he does. He is trying to make more money through TB12. He loves playing football. Regardless of whether or not he would be a good coach, do you think his wife is going to want him to spend every waking moment coaching football?

Why would people think he wants to coach? He has more money than God. His wife has more money than he does. He is trying to make more money through TB12. He loves playing football. Regardless of whether or not he would be a good coach, do you think his wife is going to want him to spend every waking moment coaching football?

I could 100% see him doing an annual Passing Camp kind of deal, where QB's (pro and otherwise) come and learn some techniques and get to work with Brady. It could be a nice tie in to TB12 for him, because I'm sure he'd get some converts among players who want to have a long career. But I think you're right, it's very unlikely he's going to want to be a full time coach for a team.

He worked for Bill, absolutely. For a long time. In a lot of departments. He was never made coordinator like he made Pees or Patricia or McD. Flores and Pepper were both passed over multiple times. Good for Flores to head to Miami and end up possibly the best one to leave the coaching tree.

Pure boolsheet.
Flores WAS the de facto DC b4 he left NE.
BB hadnt yet given him the official title but he was the DC.
If he had stayed, he wouldve been named the DC the following year. And BB would be eyeing him as his successor. But both knew that wouldnt happen because Flores was too talented to not be offered a HC job by somebody.
Of course Flores deserves most of the credit- hes multi-talented and worked his butt off- just like BB did coming up.
But BB runs a meritocracy and Flores just kept moving up in NE. BB helped him get a solid base of knowledge/exp. in all phases of football. And hes w/o question the best hc prospect to emerge from BB's tenure. You make it sound like BB was holding him back- when in fact, it was the exact opposite.

Wayne Gretzky flamed out as a head coach, despite being one of the smartest hockey players ever. You're exactly right: He couldn't just say, "Now in this situation, just see the ice the way I used to..."

Tom Brady could probably do some great work instilling successful work habits, and maybe throwing mechanics (though teaching those seems to be a specialized skillset, regardless of how good the coach was at performing them). But when it came down to processing defensive schemes and not defecating in pressure situations, I imagine most young QB's would frustrate him.

Yep, same as Ted Williams when he managed the Senators/Rangers...

"Guys, if you'd all just hit .406 like I asked you to, we'd be fine!"
Regardless of the sport,superstars usually suck as coaches/managers.
Larry Bird is about the only superstar player I can think of who was a very good coach. Also great gm. Whereas Magic by his own admission,was a terrible coach.

Pure boolsheet.
Flores WAS the de facto DC b4 he left NE.
BB hadnt yet given him the official title but he was the DC.
If he had stayed, he wouldve been named the DC the following year. And BB would be eyeing him as his successor. But both knew that wouldnt happen because Flores was too talented to not be offered a HC job by somebody.
Of course Flores deserves most of the credit- hes multi-talented and worked his butt off- just like BB did coming up.
But BB runs a meritocracy and Flores just kept moving up in NE. BB helped him get a solid base of knowledge/exp. in all phases of football. And hes w/o question the best hc prospect to emerge from BB's tenure. You make it sound like BB was holding him back- when in fact, it was the exact opposite.
1000%

Bill had Flores baking multiple pies. That guy was involved in everything, 100% by design. Bill groomed him as much, if not more than anyone I can think of.

1000%

Bill had Flores baking multiple pies. That guy was involved in everything, 100% by design. Bill groomed him as much, if not more than anyone I can think of.
I dont like ganging up one someone,even when theyve earned it.
But Im with you on dkf. His trolling is tiresome but he crossed the line in this thread, insinuating BB is a racist, which is one of the most absurd things Ive seen here. BB,whom Flores says is and will always remain his very close friend along with being his mentor. It's a real pos who posts something like that.

I dont like ganging up one someone,even when theyve earned it.
But Im with you on dkf. His trolling is tiresome but he crossed the line in this thread, insinuating BB is a racist, which is one of the most absurd things Ive seen here. BB,whom Flores says is and will always remain his very close friend along with being his mentor. It's a real pos who posts something like that.
No I hate bullying and places like this need a good troll or villain. I'm a big believer in balance. Good trolls are fun, it's not that serious.

Problem is DKF is neither a good troll or poster, at least recently and I'm genuinely not trying to be mean. Let's be honest though and just call it like it is. He's been bad all-around lately. Maybe he was a good poster but this poster is sad.

The spamming of threads, obsessing over 3-4 topics has been out of control. Especially concerning the draft, Josh etc. He's literally pretending or just making **** up a lot of the time. Claiming Josh is involved in drafting CB's lol.

Most of the draft/Josh stuff he's posted has again been incorrect or its just his opinion pretending to have a point and wanting attention.

We're not getting insight or facts here. It's useless nonsense that ends with DKF buried.

Following me around bc of something another poster said lol. After asking advice & @ me about draft picks lol.

This dumb comment.

Hopefully we can all get along or at least have some unspoken rules where we don't make **** up and create ****ty threads.

No I hate bullying and places like this need a good troll or villain. I'm a big believer in balance. Good trolls are fun, it's not that serious.

Problem is DKF is neither a good troll or poster, at least recently and I'm genuinely not trying to be mean. Let's be honest though and just call it like it is. He's been bad all-around lately. Maybe he was a good poster but this poster is sad.

The spamming of threads, obsessing over 3-4 topics has been out of control. Especially concerning the draft, Josh etc. He's literally pretending or just making **** up a lot of the time. Claiming Josh is involved in drafting CB's lol.

Most of the draft/Josh stuff he's posted has again been incorrect or its just his opinion pretending to have a point and wanting attention.

We're not getting insight or facts here. It's useless nonsense that ends with DKF buried.

Following me around bc of something another poster said lol. After asking advice & @ me about draft picks lol.

This dumb comment.

Hopefully we can all get along or at least have some unspoken rules where we don't make **** up and create ****ty threads.

Let's see, you've posted about me multiple times today, posts not about football, just me. And you put emojis now on my posts like a teenage girl stalker. You seem really sore to be called out. Maybe stop complimenting yourself (it's pathetic) as you're not the expert you think you are. You're undoing all the hours you put in analyzing video, by acting like a little child right now.

Awesome take below btw before doing a total 180 once the Pats drafted him =D

Screenshot_20210612-195728.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210612-195728.png
    Screenshot_20210612-195728.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 1
Let's see, you've posted about me multiple times today, posts not about football, just me.
Yea you've made an @ss of yourself, again. So a few of the boys are having some fun. Deal with it or stop making yourself look stupid.
And you put emojis now on my posts like a teenage girl stalker. You seem really sore to be called out. Maybe stop complimenting yourself (it's pathetic) as you're not the expert you think you are. You're undoing all the hours you put in analyzing video, by acting like a little child right now.
I doubt anyone takes themselves less seriously than me on here. Brother you're the only one getting mad. You're comedy to me and others.
How do I know this? Bc I don't think I'm an expert, no serious person talks like that. I'm better than most at evaluating prospects, barely treading water when it comes to X&O's and a top 50 laborer in the city of Boston. You're the only dip bottle who really thinks I'm an expert lol. Again you take this stuff so seriously.

I literally put all my stuff out there well before the draft and have np looking at my misses and putting a light on my misses or bust. I'm hardly thin skinned or afraid to get criticized. I actually welcome it. Fortunately I'm on par with the NFL so I get to talk a lot of ****. Again it's not that serious brother.
Awesome take below btw before doing a total 180 once the Pats drafted him =D

View attachment 33395
I've done no 180. I mean not even close. I still wouldn't have picked Mac at 15. Still feel the same way in terms of the type of QB he'll be (Jimmy G, Cousins, Carr) And I still think Mac will be a very good QB hence the 2nd round grade.

No change. I'd ask to go show me the 180 in my post. Please go ahead. You're not capable of actual debate though. So along with providing no insight or real thought. You're incapable of performing one of the very reasons we're here. Football debate, talk and discussion. You're basically useless.

Last edited:
I'm better than most at evaluating prospects, barely treading water when it comes to X&O's and a top 50 laborer in the city of Boston.
I've done no 180. I mean not even close. I still wouldn't have picked Mac at 15

You did a total 180 and are now fawning over Mac. No problem, I've been touting Mac since last fall. Glad to have you aboard the Mac train. And I'm so glad we didn't get anywhere near Lance. About you calling yourself an expert, again there's a significant difference between being good at something versus just spending a ton of time providing mediocre draft analysis, gatekeeping opinions here, or re-posting other people's draft tweets. That's fine. It would explain why you're stalking my posts and get so upset over being called out. And finally calling yourself a top50 laborer, just perfect, keep the cognitive dissonance going about how humble you are.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back