PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Does the Eric Decker Signing Mean for the Patriots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
What Does the Eric Decker Signing Mean for the Patriots?

Steve Balestrieri

They can move him around to create matchups in the slot where he logged about 50 percent of the Titans’ snaps last year when the opportunity avails itself.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Not much to me personally. Dez Bryant would have been the only interesting signing due to the potential upside.

Decker is likely not making the team and if he does it's just for 4 weeks.

Last edited:
The Decker signing also sends a message to Britt and Mitchell that it might be a good time to return to practice and forego your day to day injury hiatus .

Not much to me personally. Dez Bryant would have been the only interesting signing due to the potentially upside.

Given the fact that Mitchell, with a year to rehab, still hasn't been able to get back on the field and Britt being injury-prone throughout his entire career coupled with the fact that Dorsett still hasn't really produced to this point in his career (good camp aside), I think it's a pretty safe bet that he's still on the team even after Edelman gets back. The WR position outside of Hogan and Edelman is a pretty big question mark.

Assuming that the Decker signing has actually happened, it really doesn't mean much yet. He's just another candidate for a roster spot, at this point, and he's pretty much behind everybody else.

Not much to me personally. Dez Bryant would have been the only interesting signing due to the potential upside.

Whoa! Whoa! pump the breaks on Decker not making this Team. Decker is more proven than any of the current lot minus Edelman. I hope they are hammering out some kind of sneaky Two year deal. Decker would be a Great compliment to this lot.

Does Eric Decker possess Cat like quickness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes