PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Are Your Draft Hunches?

manxman2601

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Less than a week away. What are your hunches/hot takes?

1. Patrick Mahomes will be the first QB taken.
  2. Jordan Willis and Tyus Bowser both go first round
  3. Either Gareon Conley or Kevin King will get taken before Lattimore
  4. David Sharpe gets taken in Rnd 2. Early round 3 at the latest.

Last edited:

My hunch is that you hate me. All my guys from early in the season listed here just to torment me. :p

You want hate?

5. Haason Reddick will be drafted by the New York Jets :p

He won't last long.

I'm probably in the minority but I think both could be very good rushing the passer if teams decide to go that way.

SF, Jacksonville might want him too?

He won't last long.

I'm probably in the minority but I think both could be very good rushing the passer if teams decide to go that way.

SF, Jacksonville might want him too?

I was going to say that that's too high and it probably is, but both employ the Seattle system and he's an ideal Bruce Irvin type so not beyond the realms of possibility.

I was going to say that that's too high and it probably is, but both employ the Seattle system and he's an ideal Bruce Irvin type so not beyond the realms of possibility.

Agreed

Plus it would be incredibly difficult to middle with so many teams wanting him with a high pick.

Love draft day but hate seeing these great players go to rivals. ****ty rivals.

1.) With the right trade San Francisco could accumulate some serious extra picks to really replenish their roster with some talented players.

But I doubt Lynch has the savy to pull it off.

2.) whoever take a qb in round one will have wasted a pick.

3.) those fools at the nfl network will not give mayock enough analysis time on the air. And instead we will have to listen to bumbling morons like Faulk, Tomlinson and sanders run their mouth with total nonsense.

3.) those fools at the nfl network will not give mayock enough analysis time on the air. And instead we will have to listen to bumbling morons like Faulk, Tomlinson and sanders run their mouth with total nonsense.

And Rich Eisen will continuously push a narrative that Mayock will have no interest in.

1) That I won't bother to watch the 1st round this year.

2) That the Browns will find new and insanely ridiculous ways to waste their draft picks.

3) That 5 OL and 2 QB get taken in the 1st, despite this being a crappy class for both positions. If 2 QBs go in the 1st, zero QBs will go in the 2nd, though. And 5 more OL go in the 2nd.

4) Possibly 6-7 edge defenders go in the first, and only 2 WR - followed by a bit of a run on WRs, OLBs and DBs in the 2nd. Anderson will be the 3rd OLB off the board, ahead of Bowser and Williams.

5) Mixon will get taken in the 2nd as the 3rd RB off the board. McCaffrey and Hunt will be 4th and 5th RBs off the board.

6) Melifonwu and Josh Jones will get taken before Peppers.

7) Reuben Foster will fall hard, possibly into the 3rd or even later.

8) More DTs will get taken in the 3rd round than in the 1st and 2nd combined.

McCaffrey and Hunt will be 4th and 5th RBs off the board.

I think you'll end up very wrong on McCaffrey. No 2 RB for sure, could even be no 1.

Melifonwu and Josh Jones will get taken before Peppers.

I like this one. If Michael Lombardi is right on Peppers, I could definitely see this happening.

I think you'll end up very wrong on McCaffrey. No 2 RB for sure, could even be no 1.

I like this one. If Michael Lombardi is right on Peppers, I could definitely see this happening.

You may well be right about McCaffrey. I'd certainly rank him first. The question really is whether or not enough teams do.

I'm not a huge fan of either Fournette or Cook (or Mixon). I think they've been overhyped and will end up closer to Trent Richardson than to Zeke Elliot (though I'm pretty sure that the Browns "brain trust" would disagree). Elliot's 2016 success may have created a bit of a beer-goggle effect, I think.

I also think that the projection of Fournette as a Top-10 pick is mostly media-driven, and even the projection of Fournette, Cook AND McCaffrey all going in the 1st seems seems a little "out there" to me, too. Maybe depends on how many GMs/owners are sober enough (or already passed out) to let their professionals go for defenders and trench guys over offensive "flash". OTOH, it's almost a given that 3-4 teams (the usual suspects) will eagerly jump head first into whatever traps there may be.

Peppers is a pretty good athlete. Football player? Not sure. He's a little overhyped in that regard. I think a team with coaches who know what they're doing (and are allowed to do their jobs as they see fit) could make a pretty solid in-the-box safety out of him, given a year or so. I think he falls because there are other guys for which the way forward, developmentally, is much clearer.

OTOH - the Browns.

You may well be right about McCaffrey. I'd certainly rank him first. The question really is whether or not enough teams do.

I'm not a huge fan of either Fournette or Cook (or Mixon). I think they've been overhyped and will end up closer to Trent Richardson than to Zeke Elliot (though I'm pretty sure that the Browns "brain trust" would disagree). Elliot's 2016 success may have created a bit of a beer-goggle effect, I think.

I also think that the projection of Fournette as a Top-10 pick is mostly media-driven, and even the projection of Fournette, Cook AND McCaffrey all going in the 1st seems seems a little "out there" to me, too. Maybe depends on how many GMs/owners are sober enough (or already passed out) to let their professionals go for defenders and trench guys over offensive "flash". OTOH, it's almost a given that 3-4 teams (the usual suspects) will eagerly jump head first into whatever traps there may be.

Peppers is a pretty good athlete. Football player? Not sure. He's a little overhyped in that regard. I think a team with coaches who know what they're doing (and are allowed to do their jobs as they see fit) could make a pretty solid in-the-box safety out of him, given a year or so. I think he falls because there are other guys for which the way forward, developmentally, is much clearer.

OTOH - the Browns.

1. I have more faith in the Browns' current front office.
2. The thing with McCaffrey is that he could fit every team, even if it is only as a 3rd down back or as a slot WR. The problem with Fournette is that he only fits teams that prioritise the running game and don't do so out of shotgun. If there are only a few of those teams and they prioritise a different prospect, it's possible that Fournette could slip behind McCaffrey. I doubt it but it's possible.

Whoa. Those hunches r Very Very bold!!!

1. Patriots draft a Rutger's prospect in the late rounds.
2. Neither Butler or JG are traded during the draft.
3. Patriots draft a prospect that nobody has in the draft game or even the forum.
4. Patriots draft a QB.
5. If Ruban Foster slides all the way to the Patriots first pick, and he won't, they draft him.

Non Patriots predictions.

1. Cleveland trades out of #1.
2. The Cowboys draft Ruban Foster in the first round.
3. All the other teams in the AFCE draft 2 or more corners in reactionary measures to the Patriots receiving corps which will be even better. The Jets and Bills had to anyway due to losing CBs but regardless. I wouldn't doubt they all take one in the first two rounds.

1. I have more faith in the Browns' current front office.
2. The thing with McCaffrey is that he could fit every team, even if it is only as a 3rd down back or as a slot WR. The problem with Fournette is that he only fits teams that prioritise the running game and don't do so out of shotgun. If there are only a few of those teams and they prioritise a different prospect, it's possible that Fournette could slip behind McCaffrey. I doubt it but it's possible.

1. I didn't realize that you were such an optimist. ;)

2. Spot on.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back