PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What about Januray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMEsteelersfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I've seen a number of threads over the last week bashing Maroney and the run game... while also praising the passing attack. It looks like nobody will be able to stop Brady, but what about mother nature? How do you guys feel about playing in the snow with that offense? Is your ground game good enough to win games in conditions were you can't throw the ball? The game against Baltimore is kind of an example of what I'm talking about... conditions like that against a better team and what happens?

I haven't seen enough of your running game to know one way or the other, I'm just trying to get your take on this guys...

Forgive my spelling of January in the thread title.

Last edited:
We won the mother of all snow games with our top RB only getting 67 yards. Not concerned.

I've seen a number of threads over the last week bashing Maroney and the run game... while also praising the passing attack. It looks like nobody will be able to stop Brady, but what about mother nature? How do you guys feel about playing in the snow with that offense? Is your ground game good enough to win games in conditions were you can't throw the ball? The game against Baltimore is kind of an example of what I'm talking about... conditions like that against a better team and what happens?

I haven't seen enough of your running game to know one way or the other, I'm just trying to get your take on this guys...

Not worried a bit. 2001 Snow Bowl Brady threw for 312 yards in a northeaster. My question to you is what could the Steelers possibly do to stop him from throwing? Blitz more?

The snow isn't so much a problem. It's the wind. We can still utilize screens as a substitute for a running attack.

I fear wind more than snow.

However, more than most teams I have ever seen, the Pats have a pass-run game. You saw it Sunday with Welker on that drive from the 1, and also the quick passes to the WRs.

At the risk of yet another thread on this, I'm in the camp that thinks that Maroney is a good back who's playing behind a historic passing game, with a coaching staff that's deciding to go all pass, contrary to conventional wisdom, because they are in historic territory in quality. If this were just about maroney, I think you would have seen Faulk get at least a few carries, but he had zero.

So, I think they can survive with their game in most conditions (except maybe extreme wind and rain), and I think they have the ability to crank up the run if they need to.

As noted above, the snow game was not a problem, and as further evidence, 32 for 52, 1 pick.

Also, interesting spelling of January in the thread title! :bricks:

Last edited:
I'm not worried about Januray my thoughts are on Febumary.

What happens to the Steelers running game in January when Parker has a habit of fumbling many times a game when the weather is bad. I'd worry about that more if I were a Steelers fan. The run game hasn't lost us a single game. I'll worry when it does.

Bakes and Onegame... thanks for your meaningful input. It's nice to talk with fans who contribute vs. fans who have never had a typo and act like english professors. If it's windy downfield passing goes out the window... you're short passing game won't be nearly as effective when the deep ball is not an option. Screens are a good option, but you can't run them all day. Maybe you guys can throw in the snow, but as you said, the wind is the bigger problem. Wind = Trouble for one dimensional passing teams.

I think fumbling might be worse. Besides, no one has proven that the Pats can't run. It just hasn't been as efficient. :D

Brady has never lost in the snow. Personally, I expect a lot of short passes and screens in a snow game.

The Patriots organization has great snowplows. Ask the Dolphins.

Bakes and Onegame... thanks for your meaningful input. It's nice to talk with fans who contribute vs. fans who have never had a typo and act like english professors. If it's windy downfield passing goes out the window... you're short passing game won't be nearly as effective when the deep ball is not an option. Screens are a good option, but you can't run them all day. Maybe you guys can throw in the snow, but as you said, the wind is the bigger problem. Wind = Trouble for one dimensional passing teams.

Hey no problem! lol I know I'm not one to boast a perfect record when it comes to typing.

Yeah but like others have said it's not so much that we can't run it. It's a matter of philosophy so hopefully McDaniels(who I'm not a big fan of btw) doesn't become stubborn & chuck it up regardless of the conditions or other variables. In the Eagles game I felt the game plan called for more screens. In Baltimore the wind definitely played a role, but it was the defense that really let us down that night. The Steelers were ripe for some trick plays & McDaniels deserves credit for that.

I'm not worried, Brady talked to his Dad and had him cancel all bad weather in Foxborough for the next 2 months.

Hey, I didn't JUST point out your typo, I contributed!

(Some people are so sensitive!)

I also agree with those who say it's not that the Pats can't run, it's that they haven't chosen to run on some occasions.

They are currently 8th in the AFC in rushing, 14th in the NFL, smack dab in the middle of the pack.

Hey look everybody that dummy can't spell January!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back