PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What’s our cap space situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bademosi sucks.

Brandon King is an ERFA.

I would rather re-sign Dion Lewis than Rex Burkhead.

Bademosi is a fine ST player. He doesnt suck. If you put players into positions where they will struggle to succeed then it is not only their fault if they look bad.

If I send you into a Nascar race with a ****ing Volvo I don't think it would be appropriate to say you suck as a driver because you didnt win.

Considering that he'd played a grand total of 72 defensive snaps in 3 seasons with Cinci, I'd say Flowers progressed very rapidly this season. And he wasn't even in Camp with the Pats.

I think we agreed on this before already a few weeks back. The Lions are to watch for stealing Flowers from us. MP really liked him.

Seems as if the only cornerback that showed up for Super Bowl LII was Stephon Gilmore. Reference the coverage stats for further details.

After the first series Rowe was mostly fine. He allowed that amazing catch for a TD where he might have been able to PBU it if he would time his jump better but apart from that he played well the rest of the night.

And before you point me towards coverage stats. This is what they say.

Bademosi is expendable.

You could say the same for nearly every special-teamer and at least half the other players on the roster. So what? They have no value because they aren't always able to step in at moment's notice and play at starter level?

Would Slater have been any better stepping in as an emergency safety in the SB? Would Ebner?

The Pats began the regular season with 11 "DB" on the roster, 5 of which were primarily special-teamers. It's just not realistic to expect all of them to be "quality" cornerbacks or safeties. If they were, they'd be playing those positions on other teams for more money. If they play their roles in the "3rd phase of the game" very well and can perform at all, ever, at even a halfway decent level some of the time when called upon in a dire emergency situation, you probably consider yourself lucky.

Bademosi is a fine ST player. He doesnt suck. If you put players into positions where they will struggle to succeed then it is not only their fault if they look bad.

If I send you into a Nascar race with a ****ing Volvo I don't think it would be appropriate to say you suck as a driver because you didnt win.
The New England Patriots don't need anymore special teamers:

Slater, Matthew
Ebner, Nate
Bolden, Brandon
Richards, Jordan
King, Brandon
Flowers, Marquis

The New England Patriots need bona fide cornerbacks not special teamers. Lessons learned from Super Bowl LII.

You could say the same for nearly every special-teamer and at least half the other players on the roster. So what? They have no value because they aren't always able to step in at moment's notice and play at starter level?

Would Slater have been any better stepping in as an emergency safety in the SB? Would Ebner?

The Pats began the regular season with 11 "DB" on the roster, 5 of which were primarily special-teamers. It's just not realistic to expect all of them to be "quality" cornerbacks or safeties. If they were, they'd be playing those positions on other teams for more money. If they play their roles in the "3rd phase of the game" very well and can perform at all, ever, at even a halfway decent level some of the time when called upon in a dire emergency situation, you probably consider yourself lucky.
The New England Patriots defense was so lucky to be torched for 41 points in Super Bowl LII which does not even include a missed extra point. Week 1 deja vu.

The New England Patriots defense was so lucky to be torched for 41 points in Super Bowl LII which does not even include a missed extra point. Week 1 deja vu.

The Philadelphia Eagles should have been torched for over 50 points if it wasnt for a Brady drop and a Cooks brainfart. Definitely not week 1 deja vu.

The Philadelphia Eagles should have been torched for over 50 points if it wasnt for a Brady drop and a Cooks brainfart. Definitely not week 1 deja vu.
It's ridiculous that you should even imply the loss is on Brady's hands.

New England Patriots
2017 NFL Season
Points Scored - 458 or 28.625 per game

New England Patriots
Super Bowl LII
Points Scored - 33

The 33 points scored does not even include a shanked extra point and a botched chip shot field goal (26 yard field goal attempt).

Last edited:
Like I said after the first series he played fine except for a perfectly thrown TD. But go on with your lazy meaningless stats over actually rewatching the game.
Baloney.

Eric Rowe was torched the entire first half. Or maybe you actually missed the half time adjustment.

I disagree and it is very likely that Belichick disagrees. But, we'll see. If you're right, Rowe will be cut.

Baloney.

Eric Rowe was torched the entire first half. Or maybe you actually missed the half time adjustment.

I disagree and it is very likely that Belichick disagrees. But, we'll see. If you're right, Rowe will be cut.
I never stated Eric Rowe would be cut. If the New England Patriots defense is to take the next step, Eric Rowe will be a backup to Stephon Gilmore next season.

2018 NFL Draft
31st overall - CB
43rd overall - OT
63rd overall - QB
95th overall - DT
136th overall - CB (slot or nickel cornerback)

Sure, I'd like to draft a corner at 31 who could start.

I never stated Eric Rowe would be cut. If the New England Patriots defense is to take the next step, Eric Rowe will be a backup to Stephon Gilmore next season.

2018 NFL Draft
31st overall - CB
43rd overall - OT
63rd overall - QB
95th overall - DT

I think people may be surprised at the idea of some of our picks being spent on the offensive side of the ball. We may have needs at OT, TE, and quite possibly QB considering the fact that it takes at least a couple of seasons to groom the hopeful replacement.
The offensive tackle position is unsettled.

Solder - unrestricted free agent
Fleming - unrestricted free agent
Waddle - unrestricted free agent
Cannon - injured reserve
Garcia - non-football illness

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

The offensive tackle position is unsettled.

Solder - unrestricted free agent
Fleming - unrestricted free agent
Waddle - unrestricted free agent
Cannon - injured reserve
Garcia - non-football illness

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

If Solder is up for it as has been suggested (another 1-2 yr deal), that would give us Solder and Cannon, which was the opening day duo for 2017. Croston and maybe Garcia as the backups, with the possibility of trying to retain one of Fleming/Waddle. Basically, our tackle situation is going to be very dependent on whether or not Nate Solder returns. If he does, I think we’re fine with a mid-late rounder. If he doesn’t, they may be forced to spent a high pick on his replacement.

2018 NFL Draft
31st overall - CB
43rd overall - OT
63rd overall - QB
95th overall - DT
I’d be very tempted to switch up the QB and OT selections, especially if Solder returns. They have to start grooming Brady’s replacement because it’s going to take a couple of years, and there was a night/day difference in talent between the 2nd rounder in Garoppolo, and the wasted 3rd rounders that were Kevin O’Connell and Ryan Mallett. That’s a pretty steep drop off in talent, there.

It certainly could be nothing more than a coincidence as the sample size is terribly small, but I wonder if Belichick liked the upgrade in talent picking a high selection QB? We’ll have to see.

If Solder is up for it as has been suggested (another 1-2 yr deal), that would give us Solder and Cannon, which was the opening day duo for 2017. Croston and maybe Garcia as the backups, with the possibility of trying to retain one of Fleming/Waddle. Basically, our tackle situation is going to be very dependent on whether or not Nate Solder returns. If he does, I think we’re fine with a mid-late rounder. If he doesn’t, they may be forced to spent a high pick on his replacement.
Croston as a backup offensive tackle? No thanks.

NFL Draft Scout----Powered By: The Sports Xchange

18 career starts in five years at Iowa.

As for Tony Garcia ................................................

www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/threads/tony-garcia-update.1143306/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back