PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WFAN's Mike Francesa is not a happy man today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Parker says Brady is still not the best. Simply because of "fluke" plays etc....
I think guys like skip and A smith are bozos and don't listen to them but I understand why they have a job, they're entertaining and engaging on some level. Parker is a boring slug and a lousy obvious troll. Just a meh personality with nothing to offer but troll bait...

Rule mavens can correct me, but i don't think you can tee it up. I think you have to do a drop kick...was Flutie suited up yesterday?

No tee is permitted, but you can use a holder, and the ball does not have to be snapped. The holder has all the time in the world to position the ball just right. No drop kick.

here is the last time it was attempted:
ku-xlarge.gif

Rule mavens can correct me, but i don't think you can tee it up. I think you have to do a drop kick...was Flutie suited up yesterday?

Nah, you get a tee for fair catch kicks. I also thought that may have happened last night if the kick had been shorter.

EDIT: I was wrong, it looks like. But still no need to drop kick.

When they punted I was hoping it would be a bit shorter. As I recall, Jules fair caught the punt at the 35 yard line with 3 seconds left.

Correct me if I am wrong, but one of the most obscure rules in the NFL rulebook allows you to do a placekick with no defense on a fair-caught ball.

Thus Bill could have opted to give Gost a shot at a 75 yard game-winning field goal.

Such an extremely long kick is normally not makeable, but in this instance there would be no defense lined up against him. An extremely low trajectory kick would be just fine, as no block is possible. It would be like a kickoff, and Gost has at least hit the goalpost or crossbar a couple of times on kickoffs.

What I don't know is if the clock would run, so that if he missed, would ATL have time left?

Anyone know for sure?

that ran through my mind...
Yeah you're right, that's a thing. It's called a fair catch kick. The 49ers tried to do that at the end of the half a few years ago. I managed to find it on youtube:

It's within the realm of possibility to make a 75-yard kick with no defense, but it is such a low probability play that I'm not going to second guess Belichick for going for the TD instead, if they ever considered the possibility of the fair catch kick at all.

EDIT: Well y'all got there before me!

I think guys like skip and A smith are bozos and don't listen to them but I understand why they have a job, they're entertaining and engaging on some level. Parker is a boring slug and a lousy obvious troll. Just a meh personality with nothing to offer but troll bait...

Bayless is a Patriots fan ha.

a guy just called suggesting pats may have deflated footballs...he cut him off saying "there is always a stupid guy out there"
WFAN callers were hating so bad yesterday, saying Brady was just a system QB

oh i'd argue seattle from the 1 was worse

pats stopped them for a 1 yard loss on 1st.....and it wasn't chip shot distance

the way ryan played all night, a pass was not a horrible call......only the result was horrible (ryan cannot take the sack there)

ok call.....horrendous execution
Not to derail this wonderful news thread, well only for a sec, but I'v watched "Matty Ice" since college and one thing I've learned is he's a front runner. Yes he'll win you some come from behind games but when all the chips are in the middle he'll fold with a better hand.
As far as taking that sack, he was looking to throw away the ball but his own lineman happened to fall back on his throwing side so he had no choice there (just giving him a small excuse there).

Rob Parker says Brady is still not the best. Simply because of "fluke" plays etc....

Fluke plays already cost the pats 2 superbowls.

3 if you wanna count ghost missed point after last year.

4 if you really wanna get going with 06 Colts game

Wow, he is speaking from a very hurt place. You can hear it in his voice.

"I'd like to see 'em try to play an SB against the Giants again. Let's see ha they'd do theyah" (welp).

That man is LIVING in salty universe. :p

This is the last Super Bowl Francesa will ever cover on WFAN (he retires in mid-December) and he gets sent off with the Patriots as champions, he's screaming about how the Falcons made the "worst play calls evuh" :D

Listen to WFAN-SPORTS-RADIO-66AM-1019FM-NY on Radio.com

I know I listened for a few I don't why I just do at times and of course he down played great come back by Pats but said reason Falcons lost was inept play calling and clock mangmt and their defense was tired. But at first he said game changer was Hightower's play lol Bipolar Hater.

He's fuming right now about the Falcons not trying to score in the last minute
Of all the mistakes the Falcons made, I don't count this among them. They were backed up and in a very dangerous situation. It's not like they were trailing and had to go all out.

No tee is permitted, but you can use a holder, and the ball does not have to be snapped. The holder has all the time in the world to position the ball just right. No drop kick.

here is the last time it was attempted:
ku-xlarge.gif
Got it. Thanks. But, you have to have "fair caught" the ball right before?

Since we are listening to WFAN, here's Joe & Evan's thoughts. Even as Jest fans, they were sort of complimentary to BB and the Pats. Lots of Falcon wishing though.

Wow, he is speaking from a very hurt place. You can hear it in his voice.

"I'd like to see 'em try to play an SB against the Giants again. Let's see ha they'd do theyah" (welp).

That man is LIVING in salty universe. :p
He's been sleeping with John Mara for last few years. One of his "sources."

Of all the mistakes the Falcons made, I don't count this among them. They were backed up and in a very dangerous situation. It's not like they were trailing and had to go all out.

No excuse not to draw up a deep sideline route to Julio. Very high likelihood that he will either catch it, draw a flag, or knock it down if it is about to be picked. Everyone in the building knew the game would be over if the Pats won the coin toss. Falcons absolutely should have taken a calculated risk deep aling the sideline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore